|05-26-2008, 07:52 AM||#1|
Join Date: May 2008
Does anyone know anything about Chiropractic!
I'm looking for a Chiropractor, I'm writing a documentary on Chiropractors, but I need some more info on them. I need to know important stuff like:
SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
1) The history of Chiropractic
2) How it's believed to help prevent or heal disease
3) How is this medicine practiced?
4) What sort of training/education does a practitioner need
5) How does the Canadian health care system view this practice
6) Is this method of care covered by insurance plans
7) What diseases is this treatment effective for
Anything anyone can tell me will be most useful. Thank you.
|08-24-2008, 02:55 PM||#2|
1) The history of Chiropractic: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chiropractic_history provides a good idea as to the general history of chiropractic...
2) How it's believed to help prevent or heal disease: This depends on who you ask and what school of thought they come from.
Generally it is believed that by restoring motion to a vertebral segment that is "subluxed" improves the flow of innate (often compared to the flow of qi - chinese medicine)...
3) How is this medicine practiced? For this I am not exactly sure what your question is...But I guess I'd answer it like this...Chiropractors practice as either portal of entry physicians or specialist...Chiropractors perform intial exams with patient history physical exams, neurological exams, and orthopedic exams and currently have the right to make a diagnosis...
4) What sort of training/education does a practitioner need:Depends on the school that the chiropractor attends...but all school's get their accreditation from one governing body...that says all students must take certain classes and meet certain state requirements for licensing and atendance...etc...
5) How does the Canadian health care system view this practice: Their quite open to it...There are two schools of chiropractic medicine in Canada...both are well recognized and accredited...
6) Is this method of care covered by insurance plans:
Depends on which insurance plan you have and what kind of coverage you have... so Yes and No...
7) What diseases is this treatment effective for: I say mostly neuromusculoskeltal diseases/disorders(Headaches and Low back pain is really the only thing that has been researched and documented as to the effectiveness of chiropractic treatment on it)...however, some say that it can treat anything and everything from asthma to cancer...neither which has been proven in anything besides single case studies...
Hope this helped...
|10-15-2008, 11:28 PM||#3|
Here is a very enlightening presentation by anesthesiologist, Bill Kinsinger, M.D. on the chiropractic profession at the University of Oklahoma recently. Well worth reviewing... unless you are trying to sell chiropractic education with your documentary!
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|Chiropractic?||PlantersPunch||Veterinary||15||04-02-2008 06:08 PM|
|Chiropractic||FoughtFyr||Clinicians [ RN / NP / PA ]||0||06-20-2007 07:47 AM|
|ED Chiropractic?||Jeff698||Emergency Medicine||37||05-10-2007 07:45 PM|
|What do you think of Chiropractic?||ChiroGuy||Allopathic||22||06-14-2003 05:38 PM|
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 09:21 PM.