sexual anhedonia

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

alex999

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
has this been studied extensively in urology?

it is where a male can achieve full erection and can orgasm but cannot feel the sensation of the orgasm.

Members don't see this ad.

"Anhedonia," from the Greek, means lack of desire. Not lack of sensory pleasure.

I'm no expert in Greek, but I believe "hedone" is greek for pleasure and "eros" is greek for desire.

Members don't see this ad :)
it is where a male can achieve full erection and can orgasm but cannot feel the sensation of the orgasm.

Five bucks says this conversation will somehow link to circumcision . . .

ejaculatory anhedonia is a better term

it's rare

no i don't think it has to do with circumcision.

"Anhedonia," from the Greek, means lack of desire. Not lack of sensory pleasure.

And BlondeDocteur comes from the french: Pompous ass who must show all the schools they went to. Who does that??

the reason i ask about this condition is because i have it. In my research what i've found is that some male patients with hypopituitarism experience this problem.

i have hypopituitarism. A pituitary tumor causing growth hormone and testosterone deficiency. The ejaculatory anedonia started at the same time as my endocrine problems.

6 months of genotropin and testim have not elevated the problem.

i'm thinking that it may be possible that the oxytocin production that starts in the hypothalumus and travels through the pituitary could be affected by the tumor on the pituitary.

dopamine travels through the hypothaluimus/pituitary axis converting to prolactin. Prolactin levels have been normal.

Whoa. Sounds like an endocrinology problem. Way over this future penis doctor's head.

Whoa. Sounds like an endocrinology problem. Way over this future penis doctor's head.

yes it's most likely neuro-endocrine or one other possibility could be very weak pelvic muscles. with the endocrine problems i have had muscle atrophy.

it's amazing how little is really known about the brain and orgasm.

Just to let you know I am NOT a doctor but when I saw your question I just had to register to offer you what I found in my research. You see four months ago I had a vasectomy and except for some really bad pain during the procedure it was relativly uneventful. One day before it I had great sex, normal orgasm, sensations, ejaculation etc. eight days after the procedure and every single time after I go through all the stages normally, erection is fine up until the point of ejaculation then all sensation ends, ejaculate just falls out no propulsion or sensation associated with it and volume is about half of what it normally was pre-vas. I am certain it is not all in my head as I had no issues with having the procedeure done as everything I read up to that point mentioned only temporary pvp infection or regrets (all I was certain I could handle). During my search for a cause and or cure (Urologist that performed the procedure says its all in my head) and while awaiting the results of my blood work (free-T etc) I ran across several sites with men experiencing the same issues perhaps you could give these a try

http://www.hisandherhealth.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?/topic/7/324.html

and one of the first ones I found that had a bunch of guys with the same problem although this one is mostly made up of guys who experienced the loss of sensation post-vas or PVP. There is a Urologist that moderates the board and he is very helpful as well as a psychiatrist who although not a moderator offers very good resources and info

http://www.revolutionhealth.com/forums/mens-health/bedroom/102817

You said that you cannot feel your orgasm does that mean no feeling through the whole process or just at ejaculation as is my case because if it is just at ejaculation and there is a diminished volume than you might also want to look up "Partial Ejaculatory Incompetence" as well. After all of the research I have done this is the closest one I can find that describes my issue and there is an excellent book that you can view for free here

http://books.google.com/books?id=AovC97CUny0C&pg=PA318&lpg=PA329&vq=%22The+new+sex+therapy%22&ie=ISO-8859-1&output=html&sig=ACfU3U2UBzbApqTYNCsx_Odq8VtUWMYlPw

Anaestetic Ejaculation may be another one you want to check.

I know these may not be exactly specfiic to your particular condition but at least it can put you in touch with some people having similar experiences as you and I am sure you could contribute your experience as well.

I hope some of this helps because I know some of what you are going through and it SUCKS. I am only 38 and the thought of never enjoying sex again is devastating

Last edited:
bstonguy
thanks for the info

i'm wondering in your case if something happened to the pudendal nerve

have you undergone a nerve conduction test?

SDN is not a forum for medical advice. This thread should be closed.

Status
Not open for further replies.