Does UCLA Med School Offer Merit Scholarships?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

BabyBruin

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone!

Based on what applicants from previous years have posted, it seems that some of the UC Medical Schools, like UCSF and UCSD provide a Regents Scholarship (of about $6,000 a year) to a very small number of accepted applicants. Do you guys know if UCLA provides any merit-based scholarships? I would be overjoyed just to get accepted, but it's good to know about these things! :)

Members don't see this ad.

I'm sure they do offer them, but with average scores like theirs, you're going to have to have one hell of an application to qualify.

Yep, they do, but they're hard to get. Also consider that for the past two years, everyone who has been accepted to UCLA has gotten a $5000 scholarship (not sure if this applies to those being taken off the waitlist).

Members don't see this ad :)
Yep, they do, but they're hard to get. Also consider that for the past two years, everyone who has been accepted to UCLA has gotten a $5000 scholarship (not sure if this applies to those being taken off the waitlist).

:eek:

Any student at a UC who has the energy to apply for fin aid at all gets that 5000 or so in professional fee grant. I'm sure UCLA offers a few regent's scholarships, but being 7500/yr it's not exactly a full ride like it used to be.

Any student at a UC who has the energy to apply for fin aid at all gets that 5000 or so in professional fee grant. I'm sure UCLA offers a few regent's scholarships, but being 7500/yr it's not exactly a full ride like it used to be.

Yes, everyone gets a grant, but this is something separate from/in addition to any grant money. Applicants are notified about the scholarship in their acceptance letters, before financial aid is even assigned. It's probably funded in part by the Geffen money.