|12-15-2008, 03:49 PM||#1|
PHR's National Student Conference
The Physicians for Human Rights Student chapter at Brown University is excited to invite you to:
SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
Physicians for Human Rights National Student Conference
Health and Human Rights in 2009: Global Problems, Local Solutions:
Saturday, January 31st- Sunday, February 1st
Brown University; Providence, Rhode Island
Register now at www.PHRStudentConference.org!
Early Bird Registration and discounted registration fee ends on January 7th
Conference Keynote Speakers are:
Stephen Lewis, Co-Director of AIDS-Free World and former UN Special Envoy for HIV/AIDS to Africa
Julio Frenk, MD, MPH, former Minister of Health, Mexico, Dean of the Harvard School of Public Health
The Conference Program is available now at:
- Renowned experts in the field of health and human rights will be available to share their knowledge and expertise with you. This conference provides a rare chance to meet and network with health professionals interested in human rights from all over the US including:
- Stephen Marks, MD, Professor of the François-Xavier Bagnoud Center and consultant to the United Nations Development Program
- Donna Barry, NP, MSN, MPH, Director of Advocacy & Policy, Partners in Health
- Paula Donovan, Co-Executive Director of AIDS-free World
- A dynamic lineup of workshops, panels, and other sessions that will cover emerging issues in health in human rights. Topics include the rights-based approach to the HIV/AIDS pandemic; the U.S. role in detainee torture; the struggle to maintain a standard of health in armed conflict; and a variety of workshops sharpen your advocate skills.
You can see the full list workshops and speakers here:
- An exclusive debate with leadership from the American Psychiatric Association, American Psychological Association and American Medical Association on holding professionals accountable in the US’s use of torture.
- PHR’s first Student Expo and Photo Contest, where you can be a presenter and share the amazing work you have done with student activists nation-wide. Submit your abstract here:
Join PHR at the National Student Conference - a unique opportunity for passionate health professional students come to together for a remarkable weekend and harness their knowledge for health and human rights.
Questions about the National Student Conference? Email Danielle, Student Program Coordinator, at email@example.com.
|Thread||Thread Starter||Forum||Replies||Last Post|
|PHR's National Student Conference||EMbound08||Allopathic||1||12-17-2008 03:44 PM|
|PHR's National Student Conference||EMbound08||Osteopathic||0||12-15-2008 03:46 PM|
|PHR's National Student Conference||EMbound08||Family Medicine||0||12-15-2008 03:43 PM|
|PHR's National Student Conference||EMbound08||Emergency Medicine||0||12-15-2008 03:42 PM|
|21st Annual National MD/PhD Student Conference||Dr. Mario||Physician Scientist [MD/PhD, MD/MS, DO/PhD, DDS/PhD] and Biomedical Research [PhD/MS]||8||07-10-2006 08:59 PM|
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:30 PM.