2009-2010 University of Connecticut Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shemarty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Ignore this thread for now. I'm sorry it's cluttering the forum. :(

I know it's too early for this. but I'm making all the school-specific threads now so I can link them to the main index thread, so everything's ready to go for the 2009-2010 application season :) I'd rather do it all in one sitting than try to spread the work out over the upcoming months.

So bear with me, and I apologize again for the clutter. These threads will move off the front page really soon, so you can really ignore them until the summer.

Members don't see this ad.

No love for UConn? Has anyone received a secondary yet? I heard it's a beast. :/

I don't have the secondary yet, but I have some love for Conn

Members don't see this ad :)
Got the secondary. They want us to e-mail it back to them and mail a snail mail copy with our signature.

Does that mean they want just the essays emailed to them or the form too with everything except the top bit left alone?

I am a little confused by the secondary too. I mean how are we supposed to sign the one that we email? Just type in our name and actually sign the mailed copy?

Also I think that we are just supposed to answer the questions on an attached word document.

I am a little confused by the secondary too. I mean how are we supposed to sign the one that we email? Just type in our name and actually sign the mailed copy?

Also I think that we are just supposed to answer the questions on an attached word document.
So I decided to mail in a signed hard copy and attached a digital signature to the electronic copy.

Any clue what this means?

"Any candidate completing a secondary application will receive a personal credential review conducted by phone or through email."

Hi, there.

Would someone please post the secondary questions? Thank you.

Hi, there.

Would someone please post the secondary questions? Thank you.

C. Instructions for Questions 1-4: Must be completed by all candidates.

Place your name and AMCAS number at the top of each page. [FONT=Symbol, serif].Questions 1-4 must be answered.[FONT=Symbol, serif].Limit your total response to two typewrittenpages. Use a font of 10 or greater. Submit your supplemental statement electronically as an email attachment to [email protected] . Then submit by regular mail a hard copy of the supplemental statement (used as back up), this form (signed as indicated below), and the School supplemental fee via payment instructions.

1. Describe your motivation to become a physician.

2. What do you see as the most significant issue the medical profession will face in the future?

3. Based upon your experiences in the health care field, what insights have you gained about potential problems you will face as a
physician? (Provide details of your health care experiences without providing actual patient names).

4. Describe the activity (curricular or extracurricular) from which you gained the greatest personal benefit and insight.

You are awesome. Thank you and best of luck.

So I decided to mail in a signed hard copy and attached a digital signature to the electronic copy.

Any clue what this means?

"Any candidate completing a secondary application will receive a personal credential review conducted by phone or through email."

Maybe they do some sort of phone conversation before they choose who to interview??

sooo many essays!! for the first one i just want to write "see personal stataement" :p

Omg, you stole my name!! Lol and we are applying to the same school. Anyway, should we be attaching the secondary form with our essays? And just typing our name where it says to sign? I am soo confused.

Omg, you stole my name!! Lol and we are applying to the same school. Anyway, should we be attaching the secondary form with our essays? And just typing our name where it says to sign? I am soo confused.

hahah omg, wow. i picked this name because my name in video games and whatnot has always been "ziggy" something because of ziggy stardust, lol.

i think you just send them the form + essay responses as an email attachment, and then you also mail them a hardcopy of the form + essay responses that you've signed.

Members don't see this ad :)
Lol thx. I got the name cuz it was my nickname in football.

Wow!?!? UCONN's secondary is the toughest one I've come across so far. Why must they do this to us??

Wow!?!? UCONN's secondary is the toughest one I've come across so far. Why must they do this to us??

Haha, ya its the toughest I've gotten so far, and it took me all day today, I JUST finished. ONWARD AND UPWARD :)

Yeah, no kidding. It truly is a beast. But, on the bright side, completing this one early gets you thinking about this stuff, and I think it pretty much spans a lot of the different questions other schools might ask on their secondaries. Not to mention good prep for interviews at other schools who didn't ask about this stuff!

Good luck everyone!

Yeah, no kidding. It truly is a beast. But, on the bright side, completing this one early gets you thinking about this stuff, and I think it pretty much spans a lot of the different questions other schools might ask on their secondaries. Not to mention good prep for interviews at other schools who didn't ask about this stuff!

Good luck everyone!

Yar, true enough. and Apparently "inside source" an interview from Aug. to Oct. usually means a BIG chance of acceptance... so lets hope for that interview everyone :)

Really? That's interesting. Are you from CT?

submitted!! finally! what a long one!

my Dad went to UConn... there wasn't really a place on the application to talk about connections so I worked it in to one of the essays lol :p

The latter would seem ridiculous, but the two pages total response was for all 4 questions not for each question right?

submitted!! finally! what a long one!

my Dad went to UConn... there wasn't really a place on the application to talk about connections so I worked it in to one of the essays lol :p

EVIL TWIN, I HAZ FOUND YOU!!! :eek:

and Ya alli I am from CT

Hi Everyone,

I finally finished this secondary and want to send it out but I have some questions:

What has everyone been including in the subject line and body of the email?

Also, is our email attachment supposed to include the actual supplemental application sheet we were emailed or can I just email them the answers to the supplemental quetions.

Thanks!

Hi Everyone,

I finally finished this secondary and want to send it out but I have some questions:

What has everyone been including in the subject line and body of the email?

Also, is our email attachment supposed to include the actual supplemental application sheet we were emailed or can I just email them the answers to the supplemental quetions.

Thanks!

i made my subject line "Supplemental Statement [my name] [AMCAS ID]"

also, i only emailed the answers to the questions, not the form itself. i did put my name, ID, SSN, and phone number in the body of the email though.

Thanks ziggy, that makes sense. I can't think anymore after this application, it's going to feel good sendind this one off.

Anyone receive a confirmation email or anything of the sort after they submitted their secondary? Cuz I'm about to drop by the office tomorrow to check if my app was received lol.

Hmm. Have any of you seen the Duke secondary? IMO, it makes UConn look like cake haha.

ya Dr.Sanford sends a email to you once they make sure you are complete

I got an email confirming that they got my email with the attached secondary...but that's it... no specific confirmations of either the hard copy w/ signature or LOR's. Was that my "complete" email?

It said something about "we look forward to reviewing your full credentials" if I remember correctly.

I just dont want to bug them and email/call them.

Thanks!

I got an email confirming that they got my email with the attached secondary...but that's it... no specific confirmations of either the hard copy w/ signature or LOR's. Was that my "complete" email?

It said something about "we look forward to reviewing your full credentials" if I remember correctly.

I just dont want to bug them and email/call them.

Thanks!
I got that too dated 3 days after I sent my primary by email, which is a few days before they could've processed the snail mail copy in their office.

To date, I haven't received a complete notification either.

Hey Ziggy--

Did you get that complete confirmation recently? Did you end up stopping by the office in person?

Many thanks.

Hey Ziggy--

Did you get that complete confirmation recently? Did you end up stopping by the office in person?

Many thanks.

No I didn't end up dropping by. From what I understand it was the complete email. But now you guys are making we worried! This is what I get for being on SDN :( I'll drop by later today and let you guys know

Only tracked down the dental admissions person, she said that the email "should" be it. But idk, she seemed iffy.

I'm sure we're fine. It's not like people have been getting "complete" emails en masse.

Wow, I just had the most realistic dream of me getting rejected face to face. I was in a room with two other students, and Dr. Sanford walks in with three letters. He hands them out to us, and the top one says accepted, but it went to the girl next to me, and I got the one that says sorry, you are rejected. Then Dr. Sanford goes, the three of you had very similar apps, but we could only take one. I tried to be like, well don't you want to hold on to my app cuz it's still early in the process? And he goes " nope" sry, you showed a "red flag" when you called home on interview day, cuz you were weak. Then I got really reaaly upset, and woke up.

So ya, a nightmare pretty much. Lol.

Wow, I just had the most realistic dream of me getting rejected face to face. I was in a room with two other students, and Dr. Sanford walks in with three letters. He hands them out to us, and the top one says accepted, but it went to the girl next to me, and I got the one that says sorry, you are rejected. Then Dr. Sanford goes, the three of you had very similar apps, but we could only take one. I tried to be like, well don't you want to hold on to my app cuz it's still early in the process? And he goes " nope" sry, you showed a "red flag" when you called home on interview day, cuz you were weak. Then I got really reaaly upset, and woke up.

So ya, a nightmare pretty much. Lol.

lol. wow. :p

so...anyone get any status updates (besides the confirmation that they got the email with our secondary essays)

I mailed my stuff in a long time ago.

so...anyone get any status updates (besides the confirmation that they got the email with our secondary essays)

I mailed my stuff in a long time ago.

Negative, but they will get back to us within four weeks of receiving the secondary usually, so I guess soon.

Interview Invite!! sometime in sept.

:) UCONN is one of my top choices, so I am ecstatic.

Last edited:
well I guess my question answered itself,

Interview Invite!! sometime in sept.

:) UCONN is one of my top choices, so I am ecstatic.

When were you complete?

And CONGRATZ!!!!

Dear long,

This notice confirms receipt of your application materials. We have completed an initial review of your application materials. At this time, we are placing your file in a hold status in order to review and compare your credentials with other applicants over the next few months. Please feel free to update your application with any additional materials you would like to provide.

We appreciate your interest in our program and will be in touch with you as soon as there is any action taken by the Admissions Committee. Most candidates placed in hold status at this point in the process will be reconsidered in December-January.

Poo.

Dear long,

This notice confirms receipt of your application materials. We have completed an initial review of your application materials. At this time, we are placing your file in a hold status in order to review and compare your credentials with other applicants over the next few months. Please feel free to update your application with any additional materials you would like to provide.

We appreciate your interest in our program and will be in touch with you as soon as there is any action taken by the Admissions Committee. Most candidates placed in hold status at this point in the process will be reconsidered in December-January.

Poo.

you don't have to if you don't feel comfortable, but would you be willing to give some stats so we'd have an idea if we should also be hopeful or waiting for similar?

Oh man, I am excited cuz I got an interview invite, but they placed me for Dec. :( what do you guys think I should do? I work at the school, so I was realllyyyyyyyy hopeing for an early interview

Oh man, I am excited cuz I got an interview invite, but they placed me for Dec. :( what do you guys think I should do? I work at the school, so I was realllyyyyyyyy hopeing for an early interview

you should go and blow them away during your interview :)

congrats!

you should go and blow them away during your interview :)

congrats!

Haha, well thanks, I should be happy, but I am even more nervous now cuz Idk why I got placed so late, I've never heard this happening before. Umm.

I was put on hold too. Better than rejection I guess

you don't have to if you don't feel comfortable, but would you be willing to give some stats so we'd have an idea if we should also be hopeful or waiting for similar?

3.9/3.9 32s for me

Status
Not open for further replies.