2009-2010 Wright State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shemarty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are no secondary essays.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Haha wow, is no one applying here? I just got their email to fill out a secondary. I haven't checked it out yet but fee is $50.

when i was going through all the threads of schools i'm applying to, it was pretty disappointing to see no comments here either! i'm applying, but i didn't receive any secondary today. i've received about a dozen others from other schools and have all my stuff in...strange. i'll maybe give them a call tomorrow. was this by email?

OOPS

got it now lol.

Members don't see this ad :)
Ya did anyone read the LORs must have our name and AMCAS ID? How the heck they expect us to do that? my letters are already in

um all i want to see is if i need to write more essays. i'm stuck with another confusing grid. i've got it filled i think properly, but they claim i need two courses min per subject area, which i do...

just skimmed last year's gargantuan one page thread, and another person was also stuck like me. WTF

BUT at least i found out no essay :) i'm gonna have a free weekend maybe!

I GIVE UP for tonight on trying that stupid grid. what is it w/ grids...who was that...boston w/ that horrible grid?

i hope someone smarter than me figures this out. this may be the biggest hurdle of applying.

Last edited:
can you give me the secret to the grid?

Hrmm, I just entered courses individually...

Biology 1 Yr
-Biology 101

Biology 1 Yr
-Biology 102

and not

Biology 1 Yr
-Biology 101 and 102.

Seemed pretty straightforward, but let me know if you need more help. I used Google Chrome, but I didn't see any browser-specific issues...

Hrmm, I just entered courses individually...

Biology 1 Yr
-Biology 101

Biology 1 Yr
-Biology 102

and not

Biology 1 Yr
-Biology 101 and 102.

Seemed pretty straightforward, but let me know if you need more help. I used Google Chrome, but I didn't see any browser-specific issues...

here's what i see, and yet i cannot continue whatsoever

http://img529.imageshack.us/img529/950/58378187.jpg

very stupidly forgot gen chem...wtf was i thinking. well it's cuz i used AP to completely skip it, so forgot...

do people's letters say not rcvd? i have had mine uploaded to AMCAS for a month now, so not sure why they don't see it?

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Ya did anyone read the LORs must have our name and AMCAS ID? How the heck they expect us to do that? my letters are already in

Does someone know to the answer to this?

i saw this: " THERE IS NO LONGER A SECTION TO LIST YOUR LETTERS SINCE THEY ARE COMING DIRECTLY FROM AMCAS."

so i figure if AMCAS has my letters, it'll be fine.

yeah i think there is just a lag in updating the status page. if your LORs are in at AMCAS consider it a done deal.

gotta love these hassle-free secondaries. i'm marking this one 'complete'.

yeah i think there is just a lag in updating the status page. if your LORs are in at AMCAS consider it a done deal.

gotta love these hassle-free secondaries. i'm marking this one 'complete'.

Yay! show some love to fellow OH residents! Hope to see you guys on the interview trail :xf:

Does someone know to the answer to this?

I do.

It means nothing at all.

Don't worry about it. I think it's something they had a long time ago (before interfolio) and never ended up changing it. My friends and I all sent our stuff without the numbers, and we were fine (and we even interviewed on their first interview day - so no lag at all). They know that interfolio doesn't include it.

good luck to everyone! It's a great school!:luck:

I do.

It means nothing at all.

Don't worry about it. I think it's something they had a long time ago (before interfolio) and never ended up changing it. My friends and I all sent our stuff without the numbers, and we were fine (and we even interviewed on their first interview day - so no lag at all). They know that interfolio doesn't include it.

good luck to everyone! It's a great school!:luck:

Phospho will you be attending Wright st this fall?

I have a question filling this out...I go to a quarter school and I've only taken 2 English classes (2 quarters). They ask for a year of English, and somewhere else says 3 quarters = 1 year. So would I have to take another English class? That sounds crazy cause every other school requires only 2 English Classes

I have a question filling this out...I go to a quarter school and I've only taken 2 English classes (2 quarters). They ask for a year of English, and somewhere else says 3 quarters = 1 year. So would I have to take another English class? That sounds crazy cause every other school requires only 2 English Classes

nope, the two english classes will be just fine...

english 110 and any 367/371/241 course will suffice...

yup, I'll be at WSU this fall :D

Anyone know the LOR's that they want?

Very excited to apply here, heard a lot of nice things about the school and very friendly to us Ohioans! :)

all i have is

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Secondary application received 7/17/2009 10:58:44 AM.

does anyone know when they send interview invites out?

So I've only taken 1 semester of Calculus. Does this mean I have to withdraw from Wright State? The other schools I'm applying to don't require much math... I wonder why this one does.

So I've only taken 1 semester of Calculus. Does this mean I have to withdraw from Wright State? The other schools I'm applying to don't require much math... I wonder why this one does.

They have a course waiver option...so I'd apply and go for that

are there any essays? would anyone like to post the prompts?

thanks!

How do we know when we are complete here?

Well all it says is secondary sent in date, no info for LORs which were sent in about a week ago

They have not started processing applications. No one is complete yet, so no worries.

Love this school and the professors. Doing some post-grad stuff here and love it. Hope to keep it home for the next 4 years!!

My status is secondary received as well......

gahhh got called, but i went into basement, and cell phone dropped.

and when i called the # back, apparently it is caller id for the entire university

luckily they called me back haha.

anyone else 9/29?

Out of curiosity, what kind of stats did you guys have?

got that call this morning too! First interview! in state, interview in two weeks

Interview invite today as well! :) late september, hopefully ill see some of you

Does anyone know the topics and length for the secondary application essays?? I was pretty late getting my primary app in, so I'd like to get my essays written as soon as possible...Thanx!

btw...I interviewed here last year, and the school looked great! Unfortunately I'm back for round 2 of applications.

Does anyone know the topics and length for the secondary application essays?? I was pretty late getting my primary app in, so I'd like to get my essays written as soon as possible...Thanx!

btw...I interviewed here last year, and the school looked great! Unfortunately I'm back for round 2 of applications.

No essays :D

Yeah, I was invited for an interview a few days ago too, for 8/26 but I rescheduled til mid Sept. Anyway my question is did those invited to interview get their email detailing the interview day yet? I still haven't received mine and the lady called me on Monday...not in my Spam folder either.

Yeah, I was invited for an interview a few days ago too, for 8/26 but I rescheduled til mid Sept. Anyway my question is did those invited to interview get their email detailing the interview day yet? I still haven't received mine and the lady called me on Monday...not in my Spam folder either.

i think the lady told me to look for it one week before the set date.

Status
Not open for further replies.