2009-2010 University of Texas San Antonio Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shemarty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There is no secondary essay.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I received an email stating the first round of interviews are the first week of August

Members don't see this ad :)
My interview is on August 3rd. I just received the offer today.

My interview is on August 3rd. I just received the offer today.

I just saw on the website that August 3rd was the start of the interview cycle, and came over here to ask if anyone had an interview date yet! Congratulations.... please let us know how the interview goes and what you think of the school.

will be there for the third as well

when did you guys submit your TMDSAS?

do you suppose they interview the higher stats people first?

i submitted my tmdsas 6/3 and was verified on 6/20.
i don't know about the higher stats thing. i'm rockin' a 35Q and 3.8. i'm not sure how that compares to everyone else that applied.

i was verified 6/11... 4.0 and 40R but no interview :-( oh well, guess i'll have to wait...

Is there a secondary essay for UT San Antonio Med?

i was verified 6/11... 4.0 and 40R but no interview :-( oh well, guess i'll have to wait...

You were screened out for the 'R' WS, no doubt. :smuggrin:

The interview invites will be filling your inbox in no time...followed by attractive scholarship offers. :thumbup:

Hey dude, we have exactly the same stats! Even the writing section are the same! How cool !:xf:And I don't have invite from them yet too!

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey everyone! A class of 2013er here. Please let me know if you have any questions about UTHSCSA.

Also, there is a Republic of Texas thread, I'm not sure what number we are on right now, but I highly suggest checking it out. There are lots of people on there who just went though what you are going though right now. It can be an invaluable resource when applying to Texas schools.

Just got an interview invite for August 10th, which is during my Spring Semester finals week. Would it be detrimental to my chances if I were to ask to move the interview back by one week?

Just got the same interview date. I think my application was verified 6/4

Just got an interview invite for August 10th, which is during my Spring Semester finals week. Would it be detrimental to my chances if I were to ask to move the interview back by one week?

Just got that invite as well! I love being a TX resident!

It will probably not affect your chances in the slightest to move it back a week.

Congrats to everyone already receiving interviews! :)

Those with interviews did you guys ever get an email from them saying your application has been received. Because I got an email last Wednesday with an attachment that said
"Your application is considered complete and has been forwarded to the admissions committee for review."
Just wondering

Those with interviews did you guys ever get an email from them saying your application has been received. Because I got an email last Wednesday with an attachment that said
"Your application is considered complete and has been forwarded to the admissions committee for review."
Just wondering

yes I received that email and 6 days later received my interview invitation

...I got an email last Wednesday with an attachment that said

When was your TMDSAS application verified? Mine was verified on 7/7, and I still haven't received an email saying that mine is complete.

Hey, I've been lurking around here, but I just wanted to check in and say that I'll be there on August 10, also. See y'all then!

When was your TMDSAS application verified? Mine was verified on 7/7, and I still haven't received an email saying that mine is complete.

I was verified on 7/9 and have received the email from UTSA. Might want to do some checking around...

Email the admissions committee. They usually respond quickly and are really helpful.

I was wait listed last year (I guess "technically" I still am) but haven't received an invite yet this year.

Good luck to everyone who has so far! I really liked the school last year, buildings not so much, but staff for sure.

interviweing here 8/24. are their interviews pretty cool?

Hey, I've been lurking around here, but I just wanted to check in and say that I'll be there on August 10, also. See y'all then!
I will be interviewing at the same day! See you there!

I'm in between my first and second interview!!! I will have my second interview like 10 min later!

Are any other sdn interviewees in here now? :p

I'm in between my first and second interview!!! I will have my second interview like 10 min later!

Are any other sdn interviewees in here now? :p

Not I, but good luck!

For people who have interviewed there, do you like the school so far? What do you guys think about the school?

I got an invite for an 8/31 interview today. Does anyone know what days San Antonio is holding interviews? I'm curious as to what round this would be since they started 8/3?

Plus--- any suggestions for which hotel to stay at? I don't know SA very well.

Last edited:
I got an invite for an 8/31 interview today. Does anyone know what days UTSA is holding interviews? I'm curious as to what round this would be since they started 8/3?

I so jealous! It feels like I'll never get invited! Good Luck! When were you complete?

Last edited:
I got an invite for an 8/31 interview today. Does anyone know what days UTSA is holding interviews? I'm curious as to what round this would be since they started 8/3?

I stayed at the motel 6 at the medical center. They (supposedly) have discounts for interview attendees, it is also very close to the med school.

Congrats txsooner! I think San Antonio normally does interviews every Monday.. that's awesome that you got such an early interview there! Did you get the invite via e-mail? I haven't heard from them yet, but I'm anxiously awaiting for some word from them.

I so jealous! It feels like I'll never get invited! Good Luck! When were you complete?

TMDSAS submitted me on 7/24 (day they recevied my committee recommendation from OU). UTHSCSA sent me an e-mail on 7/31 that I was received there then today I got the invite. Good Luck!!!!!!!

Last edited:
TMDSAS submitted me on 7/24 (day they recevied my committee recommendation from OU). UTSA sent me an e-mail on 7/31 that I was received there then today I got the invite. Good Luck!!!!!!!

Oooh then I hope they are going in order of complete submission, b/c I was complete 7/29 woot woot.... any day now...

UTHSCSA (we are a completely different school than UTSA) has interviews every Monday. This is the 3rd set of interviews. They have cut back the number of invites per week from 60 last year to 50 this year. I interviewed on November 3rd last year and prematched on the 14th, along with at least 3 other people that interviewed that day. My application was complete in early July. Good Luck!

^so their interviews are pretty randomly spread out it appears? I was expecting it to come much late, but got an email today for the 31st. They must draw them out of a hat???

Interview Invite for Aug 31. First interview invite, so excited!

I interviewed here on Monday. They don't feed you breakfast like the other schools I have interviewed at (only coffee and juice) so make sure to eat before hand. In the morning there is a presentation regarding the schools, curriculum, etc, a panel with the 4th years, and then a tour of the school and the hospitals. Lunch is a boxed lunch with students, very informal. The interviews were also laid back--most people had 1 student and 1 faculty member, though some people only had faculty members. You have a good bit of time between interviews so you might bring a book or something. After the interviews there is an informal reception with 1st and 2nd year students that you can attend if you want to but its not required.

I interviewed here on Monday. They don't feed you breakfast like the other schools I have interviewed at (only coffee and juice) so make sure to eat before hand. In the morning there is a presentation regarding the schools, curriculum, etc, a panel with the 4th years, and then a tour of the school and the hospitals. Lunch is a boxed lunch with students, very informal. The interviews were also laid back--most people had 1 student and 1 faculty member, though some people only had faculty members. You have a good bit of time between interviews so you might bring a book or something. After the interviews there is an informal reception with 1st and 2nd year students that you can attend if you want to but its not required.
Oh we interviewed on the same day! I might have met you :)
You've done 3 interviews so far, you're fast :)

Does anyone know if they have started giving out OOS interviews?

Status
Not open for further replies.