2009-2010 University of Texas Houston Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shemarty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are no secondary essays

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
just got an interview. July 24th. so early!

Members don't see this ad :)
I submitted May 26 I think. TMDSAS says it was verified June 4.

I submitted my app on June 18th, it was submitted to the schools this Tuesday, and I got an interview today. I was surprised to get interviews (one at Paul Foster too) that soon after it was sent to the schools.

Congrats..... probably because you guys have good credentials and they are eager to get you !!

I got it too :). Looks like we need to have a get together July 24th! I'll be wearing a black suit... :D

Got an interview invite also! July 24th, too! Sadly I leave on vacation for 3 weeks July 23rd. Hopefully changing my plane ticket to the 25th won't cost me a fortune.

Congrats to those who got interview! Were your LORs in as well or did you get invites before your lors?

Yall definitely have good credentials.

I am hoping I get one. :luck::xf::luck::xf: I submitted my app 6/3.

Members don't see this ad :)
For fellow interviewees on the 24th, did you just reply to the given email saying you would attend the interview day? I wrote that, and put my TMDSAS ID#, too, just in case.

OOS here. I'll be there on the 24th as well, and am excited about it! but have to say, thanks for the huge 2 weeks heads up, houston! direct flights starting at $1000 from my two usual airports...going out of my way for a cheap $500 fare.

and, i sent my confirmation to the email address they provided, which was not the same as the one it was sent from

is it weird that some people with a 4.0 and a 40 mcat who were verified in early june still haven't heard anything? guess the admissions process really is random...

I'm getting nervous see many people getting interviews. Should I call to make ask them or is this gonig to annoy them? I really really really want an interview at UT-Houston?

Should I tell my recommender at UTH to contact Dr. K?

Don't call them. I'm sure you'll get an interview in due time. It'll just annoy them and make you sound entitled... which is definitely something you don't want.

OOS here. I'll be there on the 24th as well, and am excited about it! but have to say, thanks for the huge 2 weeks heads up, houston! direct flights starting at $1000 from my two usual airports...going out of my way for a cheap $500 fare.

and, i sent my confirmation to the email address they provided, which was not the same as the one it was sent from

Yeah, I am kind of annoyed by the short notice, too. Fortunately I am in-state, but I was leaving for California a few days before the interview for 3 weeks... it cost me $200 to change my ticket to the 25th.

I'm getting nervous see many people getting interviews. Should I call to make ask them or is this gonig to annoy them? I really really really want an interview at UT-Houston?

Should I tell my recommender at UTH to contact Dr. K?
I agree with cliff not to call and harass them. You do indeed seem to feel entitled a spot in med school and the schools do not like that at all.

For fellow interviewees on the 24th, did you just reply to the given email saying you would attend the interview day? I wrote that, and put my TMDSAS ID#, too, just in case.

Congratulations on all the early interviews.... for the rest of us, here is the interview schedule for last season so you can get an idea as to when they may interview this year, although it looks like they started very early this year...
August 22, 27, 29
September 5, 12, 17, 19, 26
October 3, 10, 17, 22, 24, 31
November 5, 7, 14, 21
December 3, 5, 12
January 9

Congratulations on all the early interviews.... for the rest of us, here is the interview schedule for last season so you can get an idea as to when they may interview this year, although it looks like they started very early this year...
August 22, 27, 29
September 5, 12, 17, 19, 26
October 3, 10, 17, 22, 24, 31
November 5, 7, 14, 21
December 3, 5, 12
January 9

I thought I posted a schedule earlier... perhaps not... Interviews at UT-H are basically every friday after the 24th of July (except one in August I think, I don't have the schedule In front of me at the moment). The first ad-com meeting is the 28th of July, I have those dates as well if anyone is interested.

Just let me know and I'll post both sets of dates up.

I thought I posted a schedule earlier... perhaps not... Interviews at UT-H are basically every friday after the 24th of July (except one in August I think, I don't have the schedule In front of me at the moment). The first ad-com meeting is the 28th of July, I have those dates as well if anyone is interested.

Just let me know and I'll post both sets of dates up.

please post it. thank you. :)

please post it. thank you. :)

Interview dates:
July 24th 31st
August 7th 21st 28th
September 4th 11th 18th 25th
October 2nd 9th 16th 23rd 30th
November 6th 13th 20th
Back up dates:
December 4th 11th
January 8th

Ad Com Meetings:
July 28th
August 4th 18th 25th
September 1st 8th 15th 22th 29th
October 6th 13th 20th 27th
November 3rd 10th 17th
December 1st 8th
Back up dates:
January 12th, 26th

Interview dates:
July 24th 31st
August 7th 21st 28th
September 4th 11th 18th 25th
October 2nd 9th 16th 23rd 30th
November 6th 13th 20th
Back up dates:
December 4th 11th
January 8th

Ad Com Meetings:
July 28th
August 4th 18th 25th
September 1st 8th 15th 22th 29th
October 6th 13th 20th 27th
November 3rd 10th 17th
December 1st 8th
Back up dates:
January 12th, 26th

Awesome! Thank you!

Is there a secondary essay for UT Houston Med?

If you already had your MCAT score, but also indicated on your TMDSAS app that you plan on taking another one at the end of July, will the admission wait until the new MCAT is in to make an interview decision? What if your first MCAT score is already their average score? I don't want to put my interview chance in jeopardy. Please help me out here. Thank you so much.

If you already had your MCAT score, but also indicated on your TMDSAS app that you plan on taking another one at the end of July, will the admission wait until the new MCAT is in to make an interview decision? What if your first MCAT score is already their average score? I don't want to put my interview chance in jeopardy. Please help me out here. Thank you so much.

Depends on your first score.

Just got an interview invite for July 31st. I am so excited. Anyone else for July 31st?

yup, I got an interview for the 31st. Have no idea how it happened so fast since academically I was not exactly the strongest candidate but I am pretty happy since it was my first choice of school!!! I am going to have to spend some time preparing now

Do you plan on attending the function on Thursday evening?

I think its Wednesday night, but I will most likely go since I may be able to pick up some handy last minute tips and socialize with future classmates if I get in :-D

Yall are so lucky!!!! I'm still praying and hoping for an invite. :xf:

nope, I actually live in Houston right next to the med center, which is another reason why I would really love to go here!

Great, see you there. I fly in on Thursday and leave on Saturday.

you should change your flight to Wednesday night and go to the social outing!

you should change your flight to Wednesday night and go to the social outing!

The social is Thursday night... it says on the flyer "the night before your interview" ... mine is for the 24th though so maybe its different the next week. It doesn't make sense to make people fly in for an extra night just for the social though. I would double check if I were you.

Mine is on the 31st and the social is on Thursday the 30th

The social is Thursday night... it says on the flyer "the night before your interview" ... mine is for the 24th though so maybe its different the next week. It doesn't make sense to make people fly in for an extra night just for the social though. I would double check if I were you.

Let us know how the interview goes. Please post your experiences as you attend these interviews

I was hoping to go, but I was asked to do a favor for one of our grad students, since I am the new little fluorescent microscopy guy... So I'm working extra late. :(

Let us know how the interview goes. Please post your experiences as you attend these interviews

My interview day just finished at 2:30, I think the afternoon group is interviewing right now... Interviews were VERY VERY VERY low stress. I had maybe 1 question about my application, based on the interviewers experience, but the rest was just a normal conversation. Even had an extended conversation with one of my interviewers because it was my last one of the day, and his as well.

There is a bit of walking, but not really so much, although I may be biased since I walk from one end of the TMC to the other every day. For those girls out there (wearing heels), sandals or tennis shoes might be a good idea, just to bring along and change into before the tours.

The entire day was very friendly and informative, they really try to sell the school to you, and I think do a very effective job. Students are very friendly.

My interview day just finished at 2:30, I think the afternoon group is interviewing right now... Interviews were VERY VERY VERY low stress. I had maybe 1 question about my application, based on the interviewers experience, but the rest was just a normal conversation. Even had an extended conversation with one of my interviewers because it was my last one of the day, and his as well.

There is a bit of walking, but not really so much, although I may be biased since I walk from one end of the TMC to the other every day. For those girls out there (wearing heels), sandals or tennis shoes might be a good idea, just to bring along and change into before the tours.

The entire day was very friendly and informative, they really try to sell the school to you, and I think do a very effective job. Students are very friendly.

Congrats!!!!!:thumbup:

Nothing can compare to how much I want an interview invite from this school. I am praying everyday for an interview invite. :xf:

Congrats!!!!!:thumbup:

Nothing can compare to how much I want an interview invite from this school. I am praying everyday for an interview invite. :xf:

Best of luck then! The interviews were really great, and I was very impressed with the school.

woops you guys were absolutely right... I am losing my mind it is Friday!! Well, I had mine moved to August 7th since I will me at a wedding, but good luck to all those having interviews on the 31st!!!!

My interview went amazing! They were very very low stress and super friendly. TMC was great. The facilities were really nice. Great part of Houston. You really shouldn't have anything to worry about preparing for this interview.

Status
Not open for further replies.