2009-2010 Howard University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shemarty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
There are no secondary essays.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Sweet! Let me be the first to post here...

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey my fellow early-bird Howard hopefuls!!!

Gl to all this application cycle!

Hey everybody, just wanted to stop by and say God bless you all this application cycle. I really hope and pray that you all get the opportunity to be accepted to this great school. I love Howard so much! Hopefully I will get to meet you on while you are on the interview trail. Im gonna try to be around here to answer any questions you all may have. If not, just send me a pm and I will do my best to get back to you in a timely manner. I want everybody to be able to experience HU, this place is such a jewel! Well once again God bless and make sure you stay prayed up during this cycle because Christ is going to be the one to bring you thru! Hit me up! HU.......U KNOW!

Hey everybody, just wanted to stop by and say God bless you all this application cycle. I really hope and pray that you all get the opportunity to be accepted to this great school. I love Howard so much! Hopefully I will get to meet you on while you are on the interview trail. Im gonna try to be around here to answer any questions you all may have. If not, just send me a pm and I will do my best to get back to you in a timely manner. I want everybody to be able to experience HU, this place is such a jewel! Well once again God bless and make sure you stay prayed up during this cycle because Christ is going to be the one to bring you thru! Hit me up! HU.......U
KNOW!

thanks! keep me in your prayers. As a catholic, I truly believe Jesus will help me through tough times. He has in the past.

Goodluck skeee-weee! Im excited.:laugh::laugh::luck::laugh::laugh::luck:
So many people are stressed! Not me Blessed and Highly Favored!

Skee-Wee, Soror!

I know the cycle has only just begun, but everyone here is so quiet...

Anyone else just receive an email to start on their secondary today? I'm itching to get this one done!

Just got it right now! You know what I find hilarious?

5. We will acknowledge receipt of your secondary via email as soon as possible. (about three years AFTER RECEIPT.)

Bolded for emphasis.
Guess I better not get impatient.

Just got my secondary email from them. :)

good luck everyone :luck:

i think this email is old and whack.

the (wait 3 years) thing is ridiculous.

also this...

. Will January 2009 MCAT scores be considered?
If your AMCAS application has been verified; if you have returned your HUCM secondary; and if you have previously taking the MCAT, we may consider January 2009 scores. However, it is the responsibility of the candidate to communicate by email with the Howard Admissions office when January scores are received. (SUBJECT HEADING: January MCAT scores)

I expected more from Howard. :oops:

How do I answer this question?

What courses are you planning to complete between June 2008 and May 2009 (since filing your 2009-2010 AMCAS application)?

It doesn't even make sense...

Members don't see this ad :)
I expected more from Howard. :oops:

Dare I share my HU horror story from last year... Really, don't expect more.

I love this school, but lesson learned - with this school, be sure to follow-up with everything (even when they insist they can't confirm receipt of items), or you might be left SOL...

I got the secondary invite too. They screen invitation.

Ok, I'm looking at the secondary and it seems it's from last year. Do we edit the secondary to reflect the current cycle?

Done!

just submitted my Howard secondary. too bad there's no fee waiver for FAPpers.

5. We will acknowledge receipt of your secondary via email as soon as possible. (about three years AFTER RECEIPT.)
Did anyone else catch that?? lol

Just read up there, guess you guys did! :D

Last edited:
hahaha this secondary is all over the place!

checking back in a couple years :xf:

How detailed are you guys planning to go on this app where is says "describe briefly"? I've only put one or two sentences, is that enough?

I just got an interesting email from Howard regarding the secondary they sent us:

PLEASE IGNORE THE EMAIL THAT WAS ABOUT 11:00 A.M. EASTERN TIME. WE WERE TESTING THE SYSTEM AND DID NOT MEAN FOR THE EMAIL TO GO THROUGH.

PLEASE DO NOT SECONDARY AT THIS POINT IN TIME. WE WILL REVISE IT AND PLACE IT ON THE WEBSITE DURING AUGUST.

AGAIN, PLEASE IGNORE THE PREVIOUS EMAIL.

SINCERELY,
JUDITH M. WALK, DIRECTOR

Did you guys get this, too?!

Did anyone else just get the email saying to ignore the secondary, that it was sent as a mistake to everyone?

Yes, I got that e-mail too. Way to go Howard.... for some reason I feel like, maybe I shouldn't be applying to this school....

Last edited:
Even her email has grammatical errors. Howard needs an editor badly.lol. Still love the school though.

WTF?!?!! I fixed some thigns on their app to make sense and submitted it this morning. Why didn't I get that email?

LOLL i got 2 secondaries today and both emailed couple hours later talking about technical difficulties and with Howard there were also many grammatical difficulties :laugh:

Lol...I told yall!! I loved the "Psych!" e-mail...way to not let me down, HU. :rolleyes:

Now to my buddy RecyclingBinh, what happens to your app since you already submitted?!? :shifty:

Ahhh, so starts this roller coaster that is the application process. Looks like we've got a month or so to sit and wait for their real secondary. :whistle: and :yawn:

Heck I'm not sending another secodnary. That's my final for Howard. I will tell them what happened and hope they will accept it b/c it was mainly their fault for being stupid.

Damn, and I was getting a little excited about getting this secondary until I found out that it wasn't the real one. Oh well, gotta wait until August

LOLL i got 2 secondaries today and both emailed couple hours later talking about technical difficulties and with Howard there were also many grammatical difficulties :laugh:

hahaha yeah me too. was one of the from Ros Franklin? what a day...

Damn Howard, way to exacerbate the emotional roller coaster of this admissions process!

:bang:

Has anyone visited Howard? I heard it's comforting, like everyone is a huge family!

Hey everybody. Just relax a lil bit. I understand the excitement and the nerves that everybody is feeling, but just relax a lil bit. This is a very long process and you don't want to get yourself too excited too early. Have to leave some in the tank.

Now with this whole email thing, don't let this deter you from applying to Howard. HU is by far one of the best medical schools and you will receive an excellent education here. We have our kinks to work out just like all the other schools. Somebody above commented on the environment at Howard and yes it is very comforting. When you hear that it is a family environment, it is true. The way that everybody interacts with each other is crazy because you would think that they have known each other their whole lives. Everybody takes care of everybody. I love everything about Howard, even its not so pretty points. But I can definitely say that the greatness of the school out weighs its ugly areas. I am blessed and fortunate enough to be able to attend Howard.

I will try to be around as much as possible. Class starts on the 22nd, so I will be a little bit busy. But I will still do my best to answer any questions you all might have. Good luck again this cycle and I look forward to being able to meet some of you on the interview trail. God bless!

got the email saying my secondary app is on its way back to me. :(

got the email saying my secondary app is on its way back to me. :(

I read this really quick and thought you said you got an e-mail to the actual secondary. I was about to reply "yay!" but then I noticed the sad face and thought I should re-read it.

That sucks. :\ But at least you got it done, if it's the same.

I read this really quick and thought you said you got an e-mail to the actual secondary. I was about to reply "yay!" but then I noticed the sad face and thought I should re-read it.

That sucks. :\ But at least you got it done, if it's the same.

ha I wish I received the real secondary. I ended up losing my $1+ postage. :(

just received my returned secondary. The fee went up to $75? the MSAR from last year said only $45. Went up by $30!!! too expensive and no fee waiver.

just received my returned secondary. The fee went up to $75? the MSAR from last year said only $45. Went up by $30!!! too expensive and no fee waiver.

Whaaaat?!? Where does it say that it is now $75?!? What in the world...it was definitely a nice, affordable $45 last year. I know we're in a recession and all but, um....no. And if they're going to raise it, they should start accepting waivers, imo.

SMH @ HU, yet again...

Whaaaat?!? Where does it say that it is now $75?!? What in the world...it was definitely a nice, affordable $45 last year. I know we're in a recession and all but, um....no. And if they're going to raise it, they should start accepting waivers, imo.

SMH @ HU, yet again...

That's what I said. But my returned secondary came with a note that says FYI fee is $75. I'm like :eek:

Howard has done it again. But I'm sure they will let us know in the secondary email though.

Hi,
I was wondering if someone would be able to copy and paste the prompt for Howards secondary?
Thanks, just starting up on my primary...

Hi,
I was wondering if someone would be able to copy and paste the prompt for Howards secondary?
Thanks, just starting up on my primary...

they haven't send out the new one yet. I got the secondary email but they later recalled their email b/c of "technical difficulties".

they haven't send out the new one yet. I got the secondary email but they later recalled their email b/c of "technical difficulties".
when exactly does the secondary come out and what are the questions to be answered.

In the email they said the new secondary won't be ready until August :( This, coupled with the increased app fee, is leading me to believe they just might change the questions or add more...

In the email they said the new secondary won't be ready until August :( This, coupled with the increased app fee, is leading me to believe they just might change the questions or add more...

agreed :thumbup:

did anyone received this email?

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL. OR RESPOND AUTOMATICALLY. Thousands of emails that say "Thank you" really clog up our email system. If you have already received this, just ignore.

Due to the increase in call volume, we are sending along the following information.

kind of funny. :laugh:

PLEASE DO NOT RESPOND TO THIS EMAIL. OR RESPOND AUTOMATICALLY. Thousands of emails that say "Thank you" really clog up our email system. If you have already received this, just ignore.

Due to the increase in call volume, we are sending along the following information.

kind of funny. :laugh:

I just did, and I´m not even verified yet!!! Craziness!!

Skee-Wee to all of my Howard hopeful sorors!!!!!!

i got that email too! howard is rocking it with the emails this year :p

I feel like Howard just keeps teasing me! I see jwalk's address or Howard in the messege title and I get all excited that I can finally complete their secondary. Ah well, at least they gave us a date to ease our minds

I got this too...it made me wonder why would thousands of people send them a message that says "thank you"??

I got this too...it made me wonder why would thousands of people send them a message that says "thank you"??

that's what I was wondering too. I didn't send them one. why did so many send them "thank you"??? hmmmm....:rolleyes:

Can somebody PM me the prompt so I can update the first post?

Status
Not open for further replies.