2009-2010 Tufts Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

shemarty

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Prompts

1. Do you wish to include any comments (in addition to those already provided in your AMCAS application) to the Admissions Committee at Tufts University School of Medicine? (1000 character limit)

2. Do you consider yourself a person who would contribute to the diversity of the student body of Tufts University School of Medicine?(1000 character limit)

LOR Reqs

You must submit a minimum of either:

A "packet" of letters that will arrive from the your undergraduate or post-baccalaureate school's premedical office or career-services office. The nature of the "packet" varies greatly from school to school. Some schools write an official premedical committee letter and append individual letters; some schools write composite letters which refer to and quote individual letters; some schools simply collect, collate, and distribute individual letters. We accept all variations.

or

Three individual letters (we do not specify the nature of the authors).

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
woooo tufts!

... anyone else applying, or am i alone on this thread? :oops:

EDIT: according to the website, you have to get an email invite to fill out the secondary. it will be available here.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Im applying...though i know nothing of the school except that one of the new residents i do research with graduated from there...and shes ****ing hot!....maybe ill write about that on my why i want to go to tufts essay

hahaha. Well, they do say that honesty is the best policy. ;-)

Oh, and I am a fellow Tufts applicant. Hello everyone!

hahaha. Well, they do say that honesty is the best policy. ;-)

Oh, and I am a fellow Tufts applicant. Hello everyone!
you have a most excellent screen name

I heard the Tufts 2ndary doesn't have essays to write. Same thing with Rochester and Einstein. Is that true? Also, just curious, why do people want to go to Tufts? What's your personal reasons? Thanks!

I heard the Tufts 2ndary doesn't have essays to write. Same thing with Rochester and Einstein. Is that true? Also, just curious, why do people want to go to Tufts? What's your personal reasons? Thanks!
y do you want to know personal reasons......i wont get into that but tufts has an "optional" essay about diversity and asks something else...but no prompts that are required unles you answer yes to the 2 questions.

Rochester has no prompts and aecom is the same, just yes and no questions and short explanations for them if you answer yes.

It's my safety school, to be honest.

What are your numbers BlueElmo? If Tufts is a safety... you must have pretty lofty stats

Members don't see this ad :)
check out the new 09-10 spreadsheet. Seems like Tufts jumped 20 spots

I thought Tufts has rather low stats.
they are like a 3.8 and 33 mcat or so....pretty strong middle tier school, it would be a safety if youre kiss me, though i dont know your stats maybe you are kissme #2 lol

Im applying...though i know nothing of the school except that one of the new residents i do research with graduated from there...and shes ****ing hot!....maybe ill write about that on my why i want to go to tufts essay

i'm telling...:D

what is a kissme/kissme#2? i want to be one.

theres a member here named ksmi117, you can see her mdapps and you will understand what were talking about ;)

I found her but her mdapps isnt listed...whats up with that?

well i guess that clears that up...so whats a kissme

Apparently everyone thinks "ksmi" = "kiss me" which it doesn't. But it's now become my nickname.

that makes sense, but whyd you take down your mdapps? (don't answer if im prying)

that makes sense, but whyd you take down your mdapps? (don't answer if im prying)

Not prying. I took it down for anonymity's sake. I've been around for awhile and not very anonymous at all, but with app season starting I thought it'd be best if I took it down especially because I haven't been anonymous in the past.

Hey, maybe since I took it down people *cough* Elijah *cough* will stop using me as the freak of nature example. :p

Not prying. I took it down for anonymity's sake. I've been around for awhile and not very anonymous at all, but with app season starting I thought it'd be best if I took it down especially because I haven't been anonymous in the past.

Hey, maybe since I took it down people *cough* Elijah *cough* will stop using me as the freak of nature example. :p

haha god ok sorry, didnt think it mattered to u since everyone knows you here anyways...ill stop. How about instead i just say "A certain someone from LSU who happens to enjoy colorguard and math" ;)

Seriously though ill stop referencing you :)

haha god ok sorry, didnt think it mattered to u since everyone knows you here anyways...ill stop. How about instead i just say "A certain someone from LSU who happens to enjoy colorguard and math" ;)

Seriously though ill stop referencing you :)

Haha. I'm not mad. Promise. I doubt you even notice that you do it all that much. I'm flattered really. But now no one will understand the reference.

thats actually a good idea...i just posted on another thread and it gives a lot away to the adcomms for the school (i wasn't very enthusiastic about them)...i think im going to follow suit

Anyone get any secondaries yet? Or know when they come out?

Based on last year we should probably get it sometime next week.

Last edited:
Yeah, I haven't heard from Tufts at all. I'm guessing that they're still tweaking their application or trying to get the AMCAS letter service working. I've noticed that many applications this year are shorter though, with less essays.. so they might be pondering about that too.

Got emailed secondary invitation today

I just received it as well (verified 7/10)

Last edited:
It appears there are no essays required for secondary, just need to answer a few basic questions and submit a photo.

edit: Actually there are a couple of short answer questions (1000 chars or less)

Hey just got the secondary. For the "extra comments not in AMCAS" do they want you to write a "Why Tufts?" essay. Otherwise I could just copy and paste another diversity essay and just submit this real quickly.

Last edited:
Wonder why I haven't gotten this one yet... I got the Louisville one a bit later too, so I will not worry about this lol.

I just got this today. I submitted my AMCAS on July 4th and still not verified... so does this mean tufts sends secondaries to everyone even before their primary is verified?

1000 chars or less if answered yes

1. Do you wish to include any comments (in addition to those already provided in your AMCAS application) to the Admissions Committee at Tufts University School of Medicine?

2. Do you consider yourself a person who would contribute to the diversity of the student body of Tufts University School of Medicine?

lol i dare someone to answer no for question #2

Status
Not open for further replies.