Utah residency program

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

fajacko

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
What has happened to the Utah program? I always heard they were a good program, but this year all 5 residents that matched there this year are FMGs as well as 3 last year. What's going on? Has anyone heard anything recently?

P.S. I'm not trying to start another FMG vs US grad discussion, just curious about the program at Utah.

Members don't see this ad.

might because their PD is an FMG... just a guess...:p

What has happened to the Utah program? I always heard they were a good program, but this year all 5 residents that matched there this year are FMGs as well as 3 last year. What's going on? Has anyone heard anything recently?

P.S. I'm not trying to start another FMG vs US grad discussion, just curious about the program at Utah.

Straight from Utah - we've got a great first year class. We filled our 5 spots and only went down to position 12 or 14 on our rank list of about 30.

It's true, we give a fair shake to FMGs, so if you're a star-performer getting the cold shoulder from other programs just because you're an FMG, take a look at Utah. If you're a marginal passer who thinks Utah will take you, you're out of luck whether you're an FMG or a US grad.

Members don't see this ad :)

You got a problem with my peoples? Oh no you didn't!

72606114346.jpg

It seems you don't understand the 'match' process !!!!