Age and DS Admission

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

doc toothache

15+ Year Member
Reaction score
In the interest of diversity, it is clear that ds do not shy away from accepting "older" applicants. The information was compiled from the 2007, 2008 and 2009 ADEA Official Guide to DS.

Members don't see this ad.

Attachments

• Age and DS Admission SDN.xls
    24 KB · Views: 1,702
Reactions: 1 user
In the interest of diversity, it is clear that ds do not shy away from accepting "older" applicants. The information was compiled from the 2007, 2008 and 2009 ADEA Official Guide to DS.

a lil more than 200 isn't that many...only ~4% of the first year are older folks

Fantastic! Thank you for all your posts they have been very helpful to me and I'm sure to everyone.

Members don't see this ad :)
tnx for the post toothache. I was actually thinking about this couple of days ago.

Just heard from a D1 at ASDOH they have a D1 classmate that is only 16 years old! Brings up a question at the end of 4 years being only 20 will this person be restricted in any meds that they could prescribe?

Brings up a lot of questions no?

Just heard from a D1 at ASDOH they have a D1 classmate that is only 16 years old! Brings up a question at the end of 4 years being only 20 will this person be restricted in any meds that they could prescribe?

wow!!! im surprise they even gave admission. I thought regardless of great stats, they take age into consideration for admission especially this young.
So he/she actually applied at 15 yrs of age.

Just heard from a D1 at ASDOH they have a D1 classmate that is only 16 years old! Brings up a question at the end of 4 years being only 20 will this person be restricted in any meds that they could prescribe? Brings up a lot of questions no?

Unfortunately the enfant terrible from AZ is not listed in the 2009 ADEA Guide.

he wont even b able to drink after dental school.. .. hows he gonna celebrate when he grad?

I'll be 18 by the time I get in as well...I am also curious as to how the committee views it.

I'll be 18 by the time I get in as well...I am also curious as to how the committee views it.

no offense.. but did your high school have some kind of pre-dental programs or something?

If you come across as mature during the interview, I'm sure dental schools will welcome you! I wish I would have been as focused on my academic career at such a young age. Best of luck!

no offense.. but did your high school have some kind of pre-dental programs or something?
Nope, no offense taken :). There actually was no pre-dental program at my school. I graduated at 16 and didn't spare a single Summer or normal semester where I did not take pre-dent classes in college.

If you come across as mature during the interview, I'm sure dental schools will welcome you! I wish I would have been as focused on my academic career at such a young age. Best of luck!

Hey thanks a lot :)! Ya, I hope I do well on the interviews; DS is something I have wanted to go to since well...forever!

no offense to anyone but dental school at age 49??????? >40??? Dentistry because of passion?? or $$ for few years?

It's what you have done in those years, not how many you have had.

I wonder why this is?
Unfortunately the enfant terrible from AZ is not listed in the 2009 ADEA Guide.

She said he/she was from Vietnam so maybe that had something to do with it. Does that book have stats for domestic as well as international applicants?