Gunner Training?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

hope2bpaindoc

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
A

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited by a moderator:
Just a tip that has made it easier for me, not sure if other people are doing this. When doing my daily quiz every 10 questions or so I'll hit the 'end review session' link and then redo the questions that I rated a 1 or 2. I feel like that immediate review drives the point home a bit more, and then the next day when they come up I can almost always get them and rank them 3 or higher. I feel like this has decreased my daily load of questions because I'm not constantly ranking the same questions a 1 or 2 day after day after day and just building up this huge wave of questions that I can never clear out.

Just a tip that has made it easier for me, not sure if other people are doing this. When doing my daily quiz every 10 questions or so I'll hit the 'end review session' link and then redo the questions that I rated a 1 or 2. I feel like that immediate review drives the point home a bit more, and then the next day when they come up I can almost always get them and rank them 3 or higher. I feel like this has decreased my daily load of questions because I'm not constantly ranking the same questions a 1 or 2 day after day after day and just building up this huge wave of questions that I can never clear out.

:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:

Mega fail. You want to review the 1-2 when they are out of your short term memory. This forces you to actually think and remember instead of relying on your short term memory.

You should be doing exact opposite of what this poster suggests.

Do all your daily questions.

Go eat dinner.

Then go back and review the 1-2. It works. No short term recall cheating, real memorization.

Members don't see this ad :)
@loveoforganic2, please please stay on SDN. This is GREAT feedback. Totally agree with your concerns.

Your awesome feedback is making me think we should instead: 1) create a high yield option to reduce review burden for new users and 2) initially implement the USMLE style questions as a stand-alone question bank and then 3) include USMLE style questions into the review ONLY when you have achieved mastery of all related concepts (i.e. raise the bar for "unlocking" these USMLE style questions). Moreover, if we know your exam date, we can time the USMLE style questions for 2-3 months prior to your test. And, just so you know, we plan on having many thousands of USMLE style questions so the likelihood of repeating the same question will be lessened. And, once you've reached mastery of all related concepts and have unlocked a USMLE style question, we will still ask you recall questions that our system predicts you may forget (based on your performance and the performance of your peers on that related concept).

Since you brought up the high-yield option, I'd love you and other's feedback on how to best achieve this. We've actually already gone through our content and tagged things that we think are high yield (based on the insight of our authors who have scored 273, for example). But in the new world of a computerized USMLE, we worry that there may be some bias here since everyone's test is different these days (and likely to get increasingly so, we believe). Then again, we have so many authors/editors who scored really high so collectively what they believe is high yield is likely to really be HY. We also have many top residents writing content for us who are at places like MGH and BWH. They can provide their insight into what is HY as well, particularly for Step 2 / Shelfs / Clerkships.

Any opportunity for user feedback here? Any other ideas? Thanks for the awesome feedback guys! Let's figure this USMLE style question thing out together. I promise when you see them you will be impressed. Our guys (admittedly a little biased! ;)) say they are better than UWorld or Kaplan Qbank questions so we're really excited to get them to you no matter how we (FC + you guys!) end up choosing to do so!

I don't want to figure out anything USMLE style question related. Your market for GT is a badass version of FA in flashcard format. If I wanted USMLE style questions I would have bought UWorld/Kaplan. I wish you would stop trying to be a 1 stop shop. GTs strength is in the premade flashcards and memory based repetition. At least give us more flashcard review options before even trying to pollute GT down with long integration questions.

i don't want to figure out anything usmle style question related. Your market for gt is a badass version of fa in flashcard format. If i wanted usmle style questions i would have bought uworld/kaplan. I wish you would stop trying to be a 1 stop shop. Gts strength is in the premade flashcards and memory based repetition. At least give us more flashcard review options before even trying to pollute gt down with long integration questions.

++++1

Hi Guys, the other thing that will help reduce review burden is, on Firecracker, you will be able to "unbank" or un-Flag topics that you don't want to see questions on anymore. This way you can just focus on what you currently need to study. Then, if you reflag them, we will consider your previous performance on the related concepts when recommending when and what you study. The other thing here that we're thinking of doing is let you guys exclude concepts/topics that have been tagged with things like "Pharmacology". So that way, between what you have flagged and what you've excluded, you can really focus on what's important. If you guys have any thoughts on this let us know! This is based on a lot of feedback you guys have been giving us these past few years. Once we're on Firecracker you can expect improvements like this at a much faster rate!

When exactly are you launching this feature? I need it BADLY

Another vote for keeping USMLE-style questions out.

I've used this for just over a month alongside my classwork. (12% banked, 6% mastery). I'm going nice and slow (4-5 cards a day). GT helped a LOT in my first two class exams (neuro and heme/onc). With that said, the greatest strength of GT is, as others have constantly noted, fact-recall.

Please, please, please, BChandler and whoever else is in charge of GT on SDN, don't lose sight of what GT is made for. You guys marketed it as a tool to optimize memory. Please, dear god, keep it that way. If used properly, this baby is fantastic. This is your niche. IT WORKS (if used properly!). There is absolutely no reason to incorporate 10 concepts-in-1-question.

Reiteration: Please keep USMLE-style questions out of the daily review.

Update and enhance the features related to the daily review instead.

Look, I understand this is a business and you want to start expanding. Do whatever else you want to do as long as you don't lose focus of the "optimizing memory" portion of GT. THAT is your niche! And I promise you'll still make a ton of money if you stick to it.

If you want to incorporate amazing USMLE-style questions, upgrade your Qbank but KEEP IT SEPARATE FROM THE DAILY QUESTIONS.

Fun analogy: nobody goes to McDonalds to eat a salad. If I wanted something healthy, I'd go buy groceries and cook myself. They go to McDonalds because it's a cheap and convenient. That's McDonald's niche and it works pretty well. They added a salad because, well, that's the 'in' thing to do. But they didn't start making Big TofuMac with wheat buns.

Nutshell point: Don't force USMLE-style questions on us. Those who have paid a huge chunk of their loan money to you guys want what we paid for, and only what we paid for: pre-made cards with a daily question schedule that hammers in facts. GT absolutely depends on regurgitation. NOT multiple-choice questions.

I truly hope Bchandler reads this. GT, and soon to be FC, works and you have plenty of proponents around the world. You will make plenty of money. But do not lose focus of what GT is made for.

@loveoforganic2, please please stay on SDN. This is GREAT feedback. Totally agree with your concerns.

Your awesome feedback is making me think we should instead: 1) create a high yield option to reduce review burden for new users and 2) initially implement the USMLE style questions as a stand-alone question bank and then 3) include USMLE style questions into the review ONLY when you have achieved mastery of all related concepts (i.e. raise the bar for "unlocking" these USMLE style questions). Moreover, if we know your exam date, we can time the USMLE style questions for 2-3 months prior to your test. And, just so you know, we plan on having many thousands of USMLE style questions so the likelihood of repeating the same question will be lessened. And, once you've reached mastery of all related concepts and have unlocked a USMLE style question, we will still ask you recall questions that our system predicts you may forget (based on your performance and the performance of your peers on that related concept).

Since you brought up the high-yield option, I'd love you and other's feedback on how to best achieve this. We've actually already gone through our content and tagged things that we think are high yield (based on the insight of our authors who have scored 273, for example). But in the new world of a computerized USMLE, we worry that there may be some bias here since everyone's test is different these days (and likely to get increasingly so, we believe). Then again, we have so many authors/editors who scored really high so collectively what they believe is high yield is likely to really be HY. We also have many top residents writing content for us who are at places like MGH and BWH. They can provide their insight into what is HY as well, particularly for Step 2 / Shelfs / Clerkships.

Any opportunity for user feedback here? Any other ideas? Thanks for the awesome feedback guys! Let's figure this USMLE style question thing out together. I promise when you see them you will be impressed. Our guys (admittedly a little biased! ;)) say they are better than UWorld or Kaplan Qbank questions so we're really excited to get them to you no matter how we (FC + you guys!) end up choosing to do so!

loveoforganic2 made great point. I'm going to add my own suggestions.

- I don't think a HY format is worth it. Is that not what Lite Mode pretty much does? Besides, GT I think is supposed to be intensive; the only problem is the amount of questions for review, leave the rest alone.

- As for integrative questions, I was in support of this before, but considering the points above about preferring to recall specific details rather than the singular answer to the one integrative question? They're right... it is good at first but not as a permanent substitute. Perhaps you could group a bunch of the USMLE/integrative questions together, taken from those that are 4 or 5+ rated, and have them on a special weekly review day (like a Saturday, but one that we pick for ourselves).

- Don't put questions on a separate subscription, work them into the current plan. Also, the only way that it would work is if you really have a large bank of those questions so we don't get used to the answer. OR a large rotation of answers to the same question types (which should be easy if you're testing multiple topics). These integrative questions could be worked into like a case, really, because those can cover plenty of topics. Or same stem, different questions. Many ways to do this.

- Adding custom cards and media is useful to have as an option. But personally, I feel GT is high-yield enough as it is. I'm using GT to add onto First Aid and not the other way around, because FA will still be everyone's consolidated source (no offense)... Therefore, I'm limiting what's on GT and will probably not use a custom card option. Give everyone else that option, sure, but don't evolve GT to the point where someone ELSE's custom cards get mixed into my batch... I'm only trusting the GT guys to label things as HY. The comments section below is good enough for clarification and maybe a consensus on what is "missing."

- Some adjustment needs to be made on the review scheduling. e.g. I find that if a question I rated as a 5 comes up and it's regularly scheduled for 30 days from now, if I get it then and completely forget the answer, I'd give it a 1 or 2... so I should probably see it again tomorrow because it shows how much my memory has failed. But the default for choosing a 1 (I think) just sets it to still like 25 days. I obviously didn't remember it well, so there should have been a weight to it. Or maybe I'm nitpicking? I find myself manually adjusting the timing for my reviews often... (also, I think we should be able to set a cap on the amount of days reviewed: I might rate something a 5 in 6 consecutive repetitions, but I'd still like to see it sooner than 50 days).

- Also I think the priority should be placed on putting a cap in. I don't know how it should be done initially, because simply delaying is no good. But if it preferentially delays those questions that A) you've repeated 5+ times already and/or B) scored as 5... what's delaying it another day? But then it should delay it for maybe a maximum of 3 days, then you go to the next set of criteria to see who gets delayed (perhaps those you've seen 7+ times and rated as 4. Hope that makes sense.

Last edited:
- Some adjustment needs to be made on the review scheduling. e.g. I find that if a question I rated as a 5 comes up and it's regularly scheduled for 30 days from now, if I get it then and completely forget the answer, I'd give it a 1 or 2... so I should probably see it again tomorrow because it shows how much my memory has failed. But the default for choosing a 1 (I think) just sets it to still like 25 days. I obviously didn't remember it well, so there should have been a weight to it. Or maybe I'm nitpicking? I find myself manually adjusting the timing for my reviews often...

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

I have thought this so many times.

I also vote to keep the Usmle questions out of gt, or let people achieve a certain level of mastery before being able to unlock it. Gt is fine the way it is. I would like the daily cap. Stop trying to make gt encompass too much. No real gunner will use only gt anyway. You will only piss people off by adding Usmle style questions. We will use Uworld for this, and gt will NEVER replace Uworld. I've already paid for a one year subscription, and im not rich. Please keep things the way they are and don't make me regret the money I've spent. I've recommended gt to about 17 people now. If things change, I won't be happy

Please and thank you :)

Last edited:
:thumbdown:thumbdown:thumbdown:

Mega fail. You want to review the 1-2 when they are out of your short term memory. This forces you to actually think and remember instead of relying on your short term memory.

You should be doing exact opposite of what this poster suggests.

Do all your daily questions.

Go eat dinner.

Then go back and review the 1-2. It works. No short term recall cheating, real memorization.

That was a rather harsh response to my post.

Note that I didn't say to mark them a 5 or 'perfect recall' after redoing them. I said every 10 questions or so hit the 'end review session' link and go back and review the ones you marked a 1-2. I still mark them 1 or 2 regardless of how I answer them. This immediate review helps drive the point home. Then when you see the question again in a day or two I have found that it is much easier to remember it.

Originally with GT I found myself rating the same questions 1 or 2 day after day after day and a huge wave of questions was building up. The above method helps solve this problem.

I don't want to figure out anything USMLE style question related. Your market for GT is a badass version of FA in flashcard format. If I wanted USMLE style questions I would have bought UWorld/Kaplan. I wish you would stop trying to be a 1 stop shop. GTs strength is in the premade flashcards and memory based repetition. At least give us more flashcard review options before even trying to pollute GT down with long integration questions.

Also, +1 on this.

Hey, can you create custom quizzes on GT...like I only wanna quiz myself on the antibiotics before my in-school exam and I was wondering if it was possible to just test myself on those topics

Thanks

Members don't see this ad :)
That was a rather harsh response to my post.

Note that I didn't say to mark them a 5 or 'perfect recall' after redoing them. I said every 10 questions or so hit the 'end review session' link and go back and review the ones you marked a 1-2. I still mark them 1 or 2 regardless of how I answer them. This immediate review helps drive the point home. Then when you see the question again in a day or two I have found that it is much easier to remember it.

Originally with GT I found myself rating the same questions 1 or 2 day after day after day and a huge wave of questions was building up. The above method helps solve this problem.

The way GT instructs subscribers to use it (at least, this was true over a year ago when I began GT and used the tutorial/instructions) is to immediately go back and re-read the flashcards corresponding to any question that you rated as a 1 or 2...i.e. you shouldn't necessarily be immediately re-scoring them, but you should be immediately looking at them an additional time to drive the point home. So I guess you're both sort of right

:thumbup: The only reason I paid for a GT subscription was so that I wouldnt have to memorize FA at the beginning of my dedicated study time. I don't want it for board-style questions unless that is somehow completely separate. And even then, I still won't use it for board-style questions anyway. Gotta be honest.

Last edited:
I have a query. I did average first year (couple of A's..mostly B's). But I want to do well on Step 1.

I don't want to buy a bunch of books to study for step 1. I'd rather just stick to a few resources. I see a lot of these people with high step scores using like 6 review books to study (like RR Biochem, CMMRS, HY Neuro et.) and I really don't want to do that, although I feel like I want a little more depth of knowledge (since I've forgotten a lot since MS1) than First Aid has to offer.

I plan on mostly using First Aid and Uworld next year, and I've got Pathoma already. If I get GT now and work with it consistently will it provide me with enough information about subjects like biochem, pharm, micro, etc. to where I won't have to buy a bunch of books for step 1? Again, I really want to just focus on a few resources.

Yes gt provides all the info you need for basic sciences. It's first aid on steroids. The problem with gt is that it expects you to do rote memorization and it doesn't explain the mechanisms of anything. After you finish a basic science topic (assuming your teachers explained mechanisms in class), bank the corresponding card in gt. do Pathoma in second year, and then bank the corresponding card in gt. this is what I'm doing and I love it so far.

Your awesome feedback is making me think we should instead:

1) create a high yield option to reduce review burden for new users

---------------I would go through your question bank and first aid. Anything not in first aid gets tossed from "high yield." First aid is probably inadequate in some areas, but if you start playing with it and trying to fill in the gaps, you're going to end right back up at low yield. Just stick to FA and let that fall where it does.

2) initially implement the USMLE style questions as a stand-alone question bank

---------------Yes!

3) include USMLE style questions into the review ONLY when you have achieved mastery of all related concepts (i.e. raise the bar for "unlocking" these USMLE style questions).

---------------No! No no no no no. I will start this off by saying if you EVER do anything like this, make it entirely optional. Now, with that said, I mean no offense by this but I really think you aren't adequately thinking through how this would be implemented beyond the first step of "having these great integrative cards that test everything." Ok, so say you have this integrative card that tests on items A, B, C, and D. A and B have been mastered to the point that they're scheduled 2 or 3 months out. C is mastered so it's scheduled 1 month out. D, you just took the quiz for the first time and mastered it. So you unlock your integrative card and you get it right. What happens? When does that integrative card get scheduled again? If you get that integrative card, what happens then? Does the integrative card come up again or do you "unmaster" all of your individual cards and have them all ranked whatever you ranked the integrative card? Do you see the problems here? I really don't see a way for this to work out well.

Moreover, if we know your exam date, we can time the USMLE style questions for 2-3 months prior to your test.

---------------Just put them in a separate pool. You can do fancy things with that separate pool of questions if you want. Have an option where you draw a random block of questions testing stuff you've mastered. Don't work it into the daily review.

And, just so you know, we plan on having many thousands of USMLE style questions so the likelihood of repeating the same question will be lessened.

---------------Never repeating a USMLE-style question would alleviate the negatives some, but frankly, it's still not something I would ever want in the daily review

And, once you've reached mastery of all related concepts and have unlocked a USMLE style question, we will still ask you recall questions that our system predicts you may forget (based on your performance and the performance of your peers on that related concept).

---------------If I understand you right, the idea then is just to add a bunch of USMLE style questions into the daily review on top of the normal fact recall cards. No one has time for this. Only a small subset of the student population manages to make time for firecracker as it is. Forcing it to be more time consuming would certainly not help.

Replies in red bold within the quote. Happy to discuss further

Edit: Well, the color messed up, but you get the gist

Also, miscellaneous question - I'm 99% sure rating 4 and 5 give you a different %mastery. Is this the case, and if so, does a 4 give you a max of 50% mastery, or what's the coding? Just trying to track progress, have switched to just ranking 4's and no 5's

Last edited:
GUYS, is there any way on GT i can create my own quiz or reset certain portions...i.e. i wanna just test myself on Micro-antimicrobials....i've added these cards a while back and i don't want to reset ALL of microbiology lol, just the antibiotics part, any suggestions?

GUYS, is there any way on GT i can create my own quiz or reset certain portions...i.e. i wanna just test myself on Micro-antimicrobials....i've added these cards a while back and i don't want to reset ALL of microbiology lol, just the antibiotics part, any suggestions?

Sign-up for a new trial account.
Add cards you want to test yourself with.
Test yourself.
Reset all cards.
Repeat ad infinitum.

Sign-up for a new trial account.
Add cards you want to test yourself with.
Test yourself.
Reset all cards.
Repeat ad infinitum.

that is annoying. good recommendation for firecracker. sometimes, right before a shelf exam, you understandbly want to focus only on that information for a day or two ...

one more recommedation: a search/find function

sometimes when i find myself studying for classes i want to reference the point i remember learning off of GT flashcard explanations - going back through cards and figuring out exactly where it was takes too long.

@bchandler
I agree with organic up above.
One thing I might add, and I'm not a business savvy guy and I'm sure you've already thought about this, but it may be time to differentiate your products and go 37signals.com on us offering the "first aid replacement" and the Uworld replacement and then a comprehensive package but with fancier marketing....it would be awesome if the first aid replacement was 9.99 a month...just saying. And then, with the better packages you could go all 40 bucks-per-month on us.

It's just a thought. I greatly appreciate the resource!
(also, it would be awesome if current members get grandfathered into the new applications, :) )

EPIC FAIL. Gt just decided to die on me after doing 59 unsaved review questions...thanks lot

ARGGHH i cant keep up with GT...Im like halfway banked, waiting for FC...the only review I do are questions that are relevant to what im learning :(...when is firecracker coming and please for the love of god allow the ability to:
a.) modify/add flashcard content
b.) limit # questions
c.) stratify questions by subtopics than just one topic...i.e.- i just wanna do antimicrobials not ALL of micro

Lol. Jk I agree with your points :)

Attachments

• ImageUploadedBySDN Mobile1345521431.514801.jpg
    10 KB · Views: 58
What is everyone's strategy for studying class material not in GT? I was trying to add this info to the notes, but found that it was impractical. Leaning toward retyping the class notes that are outside of GT in word documents, that way I can avoid having to reread all of my class notes.

Also I would suggest to GT developers to add ability to turn specific cards onto high yield mode, and leave the rest comprehensive

Here's how its been for me:

1.) For pharm: I print out the GT cards and then just add class notes to it...bank as i go along; GT does a good job but fails to explain the WHY behind a lot of things

2.) For path:
simply put, pathoma + webpath so far...I'll add lecture notes onto my pathoma book and then just bank GT cards as i go along

ARGGHH i cant keep up with GT...Im like halfway banked, waiting for FC...the only review I do are questions that are relevant to what im learning :(...when is firecracker coming and please for the love of god allow the ability to:
a.) modify/add flashcard content
b.) limit # questions
c.) stratify questions by subtopics than just one topic...i.e.- i just wanna do antimicrobials not ALL of micro

You're only in the beginning stages, it only gets worse. Add Uworld + another qbank + First Aid + 2nd semester + being 90% banked (twice as many review Q's)... now you are beginning to understand my criticisms of GT.

The worst thing about GT right now is they haven't figured out how to do #3 on your list. Eliminating subtopics and only doing review questions from whatever you select. HUGE FLAW.

And that's what I meant when I said GT should have focused on how to make GT better instead of how to add more to GT (i.e. Step 2 Q's, more content, USMLE Q's, etc.). They left their #1 strength (flash card - fact recall) to do all kinds of other crap, while not becoming great at the #1 reason people use the program.

I haven't signed in for months and just use other flashcards which are MUCH better and focused on MUCH better resources (Pathoma, FA, Microcards, or whatever high quality CONDENSED resources). Printing out GT cards seems like a huge waste of time!

What transformers is suggesting to do with gt seems very hardcore. My strategy is as follows: if it's high yield enough, I'll see it in either gt, Robbins questions, goljan rr and audio, kaplan videos (only pharm, maybe biochem) and Qbank, Pathoma, Uworld, FA, Usmle rx, combank and/or comquest (I'm a D.O student). I feel like I'm already spreading myself too thin. I'm currently using gt, Pathoma, Robbins Qbank and Goljan rr and audio along with classes, and everything seems to be working out so far lol. I can't be bothered with editing gt flash cards.

Also I would suggest to GT developers to add ability to turn specific cards onto high yield mode, and leave the rest comprehensive

You guys can just click "never see this question again" (or set it to 90 days in the future) on the questions you deem low-yield and BAM, everything else becomes high yield.

BTW is it just me, but I refuse to let most questions go passed 30-40 days out, besides the really simple 1st order questions...? I'm scared they'll be gone too long. I wish there was a hard cap like 40 days and even rating a 5 multiple times won't go passed that.

What transformers is suggesting to do with gt seems very hardcore. My strategy is as follows: if it's high yield enough, I'll see it in either gt, Robbins questions, goljan rr and audio, kaplan videos (only pharm, maybe biochem) and Qbank, Pathoma, Uworld, FA, Usmle rx, combank and/or comquest (I'm a D.O student). I feel like I'm already spreading myself too thin. I'm currently using gt, Pathoma, Robbins Qbank and Goljan rr and audio along with classes, and everything seems to be working out so far lol. I can't be bothered with editing gt flash cards.

:eek: If I were using as many resources as you I'd feel the same...but as it stands just class notes, GT, and Pathoma (Qbank if I have time). Pharm is the toughest one because class notes mostly match up with GT, but not exactly. So it's hard to remember what I need to remember for class.

Dude why do u use rr and pathoma...goljan audios great for working out and walking to class...pathoma seems enough to handle qbank and robbins abank...i suppose rr has awesome pics but webpath is pretty sweet and more user friendly..

Goljan audio doesn't count as a real resource. I'm only using it because I don't want to get fat so it forces me to go the gym. Dr. Sattar is an OG. I'd be screwed if not for him

:eek: If I were using as many resources as you I'd feel the same...but as it stands just class notes, GT, and Pathoma (Qbank if I have time). Pharm is the toughest one because class notes mostly match up with GT, but not exactly. So it's hard to remember what I need to remember for class.

Yeah I had this same problem with pharm on my recent module exam.

I hate to ask this again. But could anyone give me a coupon code for a month of gunner? Pretty please.

Please dont start on how i should get a life. I know.

Pm me. But the coupon I know how to give is only good for a brand new email address. It won't work for extending a previous free trial

Do you guys use GT along with your classes as a study tool? How do you do so?

I just started M1 and survived my first round of exams (would like to honor though).

I use gt along with classes. I bank material after its been taught in class. Makes it easier to learn because gt doesn't usually explain stuff.

I use gt along with classes. I bank material after its been taught in class. Makes it easier to learn because gt doesn't usually explain stuff.

I'm doing the same. I started it on day 1 of MS1. So far I love it. 40 cards banked, 1.6% mastery :) long ways to go!

I'm doing the same. I started it on day 1 of MS1. So far I love it. 40 cards banked, 1.6% mastery :) long ways to go!

Do you catch up during the weekend or do you do them after class? And what do people mean by banked?

Do you guys remove the questions after getting the answers right? I don't know if I should because I'm not confident if I will remember almost 2 years from now.

Do you catch up during the weekend or do you do them after class? And what do people mean by banked?

Do you guys remove the questions after getting the answers right? I don't know if I should because I'm not confident if I will remember almost 2 years from now.

i do the questions after class. each day i add new ones for the day's topics, and then also do the review questions which include all the previous ones. on weekends i do the daily review questions early in the morning and/or late at night.

banked means you add the questions for that card to your quiz. then you take your quiz and rate your knowledge. the questions will reappear in your daily reviews after some number of days depending on how you rated it. you don't have to remove it, just give it a 5. but if you know it really well and it's a very basic concept for you, like "what is a RBC", then you can click the check box so it won't show you that question any more.

[YOUTUBE]bJ1xtWzoJbE[/YOUTUBE]

"No one in my class can study like this.
Working so hard carpal tunnel to my wrist.
Acing step 1 is next on my list.
Gunning to be a Dermatologist."

lmao dude that's hilarious! what year are you in? when are you taking or have you taken step 1? I'm a Psych resident in the UK and so want to work in the U.S! I've lived abroad for so long that London (UK) is so boring for me!

I am also using GT along with classes. So far it has worked pretty well as a supplement. Right now I am only doing anatomy and it is nice to have a condensed version of what I am reading elsewhere. I do GT randomly throughout the day when I have bits of time. There has been a few times that a card I am about to bank has some material i have yet to cover in class. When I get a question from this material I set the review day for it on or near the day that I will cover it in class based on my syllabus. We will see how my GT experience develops in the future.

Any news about when firecracker will go full function?