The Official 5/1/2010 MCAT Club...

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MegaSpectacular

Membership Revoked
Removed
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Let the games begin...

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys! i havent posted in a while! Just signed up for the may 1st mcat..its my boyfriends birthday so we're all getting 35s!!:D:D I have started studying- took kaplan and didnt seem to improve so trying EK or TPR..how is everyone else studying?

I took a PR course over the summer for the sept. 12 mcat, but I bailed because my practice tests were really crappy. right now im reading through EK and reviewing old material from PR.

I'm aiming to take this test, but I haven't registered yet. Starting the studying on Friday, let's hope we all do well! :)

hey guys! i havent posted in a while! Just signed up for the may 1st mcat..its my boyfriends birthday so we're all getting 35s!!:D:D I have started studying- took kaplan and didnt seem to improve so trying EK or TPR..how is everyone else studying?

If you already applied, why are you retaking it in May?

Hello,

I just reserved my seat for the May 1st MCAT. I'm doing the study plan made by SN2ed. Nothing less than a 30 here. Good luck everyone!

Not registered yet but I'm in. Been taking a course organized by my school since October. Plan to take AAMC exam (my 2nd one) this weekend.

Ok so I'm doing the Examkrackers Home Study 10 week plan.

Day 1 was to take the AAMC CBT #6 and I got a 20 (No writing sample). (BS 7 / PS 7 / VR 6)
Def need to bring that way up! :oops:

Anyone else take it, if so was your score?

Members don't see this ad :)
...how is everyone else studying?

I'm studying on my own using BR books for physics, general chemistry, and orgo. I'll use EK and BR for biology, with EK mainly for review and BR for passages. I plan to use my old PR books, my old BR verbal notes, and EK for general verbal practice and then whatever exams I can find that I haven't yet taken for diagnostic purposes. I can't afford a course, although I wish so much I could scrape up enough for a BR class.

I'm aiming for this date as well! I am also following the Examkrackers 10 week home study program. I have already gone through the first couple weeks a few months ago so I'm going over those again quickly then following the study program again once I get to the third week. Already done with the first week! Start the second week's material today. I took the free AAMC test 3 as a diagnostic test last summer and got a 21 (8 PS, 8 VR, 5 BS (yikes!)). I also have the Kaplan book if needed. Let's make this test our b****! :D

I'm registered for the May 1 MCAT as well. Took AAMC3 yesterday as a diagnostic. 12p10v8b 30. It's good to finally have some numbers to build on before content review and gauge where I'm at in the process. Taking bio2 and biochem this spring, so hopefully bio will improve.

I'm registered for the May 1 MCAT as well. Took AAMC3 yesterday as a diagnostic. 12p10v8b 30. It's good to finally have some numbers to build on before content review and gauge where I'm at in the process. Taking bio2 and biochem this spring, so hopefully bio will improve.

Nice!

How long do scores usually take to be reported? 30 days or 60 days?

Approximately 30 days. Amcas can be verifying the rest of your application (transcripts, etc.) while waiting for your scores, but will not release your app to schools without an MCAT score.

Good luck guys! Although I have not registered for the MCAT yet, I will be taking the exam around May 1st sometime. Is this an AM administration or dual (AM/PM) administration?

I think I may be joining you people!

I was originally going to take it on the 22nd but that'll mean I'll spend my entire anniversary the weekend before studying my arse off, and that's no fun.

I took MCAT #3 the other day and got BS 10/PS 11/VS 10. It was untimed because I was chasing my kid around, too, but I don't think the time I actually spent taking the test exceeded the time limit.

I haven't decided if I'm taking it the 1st or the 22nd, as I am still waiting for my TBR books to get in. I am going to use the schedule SN2ed created, it looks/sounds like a really good plan.

5/1, count me in too, i will celebrate my birthday afterwards!

who else is going to get 35+??

WHY DOES THE WORLD TEAR APART AS SOON AS YOU START TO GET FOCUS ON THE MCAT?!!?! ahhhhh

I'm in as of today! Start the Princeton Review liveonline class tomorrow. Hopefully it will start to boost my confidence, because right now I am pretty nervous.

Just took a practice test and did TERRIBLE.

I hope I can raise my score by the time May 1st rolls around :/

new to the boards and new to the mcats. planning to sign up for the 5/1/10 exam date. following the schedule by sn2ed also- seems legit. I was pre-pharm and even took my pcats till I realized that I would shoot myself from boredom if I had to do pharm for the rest of my life haha. Gluck studying everyone!

Im doing SN2s plan...I need to start monday so I hope I get my Berkley books in time! Got a 19 on my diagnostic from kaplan...as did many of my friends who got 35s on the real thing...so im sure we can bring it up!

I'm in for 5/1 as well. I plan to follow SN2's schedule as I see many of you are. I've started studying a bit on my own but don't have all my books yet to begin SN2's plan. I need to finish rounding them all up so I can get on and stay on track.

Anyone else yet to officially start?

Just took AAMC 4 yesterday and scored 12p 10v 11b. Last week I took AAMC 3 12p 10v 8b. Haven't done ps or bs review yet, but did spend a good deal of time with EK Bio review. It will be interesting to see how everyone's practice tests are coming. Seems like I'm still making stupid mistakes, but definitely identifying areas that need to be reviewed or learned.

I seem to have extra time left over after most sections, but I need to find a way to best use the time to improve my scores.

Think I'll probably take an AAMC exam every two weeks or so, then take the most recent three AAMC exams in the two weeks leading up to the test date. Hopefully my BR materials arrive soon!

Good luck everyone...May 1st will be here before we know it!

I start studying on Sunday with SN2ed's plan. I see that many of you are also doing the same study schedule. Feel free to post any questions you might ahve as I'll be right along with you. Good luck to all.

-Cale

Hello there! I am jumpin on board for the 5/1/10 MCAT. Good luck y'all. :thumbup:

For those of you who are going with SN2's plan and are using the BR books, how long did it take you to receive them after sending in your order?

For those of you who are going with SN2's plan and are using the BR books, how long did it take you to receive them after sending in your order?

I received mine a little over one week after mailing in the order. I used credit card which makes the process much faster. I called just to make sure they received everything and they informed me that it was already shipped.

I received mine a little over one week after mailing in the order. I used credit card which makes the process much faster. I called just to make sure they received everything and they informed me that it was already shipped.

Ohh alrighty. thanks!

Count me in.

political-pictures-tour-france-leeroy-jenkins.jpg

just signed up! ekkk..now it's FOR REAL

started my princeton review class already last wk, but already behind! :( been kind of hard keeping up with working.

lets keep each other motivated! :)

No one's said anything in a while so I'm just checking in. Everyone pretty much in the groove of studying?

Yes. I've been studying about six hours a day. I'll often look at the University's website that I want to attend if I start losing my focus and drive. I'm definitely ready for the test to be over and to start the application process!

Yes. I've been studying about six hours a day. I'll often look at the University's website that I want to attend if I start losing my focus and drive. I'm definitely ready for the test to be over and to start the application process!

I actually may try that when I start to lose my focus as well. :thumbup: And 6 hrs.. pretty hard core. I work too much to get that much time in.

Anyone else alive out there??

Hi all!
I am in as well....I took the Jan 30 exam and it was nothing like these AAMC exams....it was the hardest thing I had ever seen....So, I signed up for May 1st just in case...don't want to re-take but I will just have to wait till the scores come out in March.
Good Luck!