* The Official 5/21/2010 MCAT Club *

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

g8orlife

chomp
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
No one's created this club yet even though we only have ~1715 hours left!!! :scared:

haha, I was actually about to join the 5/22 date like some other 5/21'ers, but I'd rather start my own and act as if those 5/22'ers are my arch-rival who has always had that slight advantage over me (i.e. 1 more extra day to study:rolleyes:) .... BUT I'm determined to come out on top this time!!!

Who's with me?!? :D

Members don't see this ad.

I'm in! How is everyone coming along with studying? And, does anyone know if the tests are the same on the two days???

Members don't see this ad :)
hey guys i'm in for 5/21 as well. how's your studying going thus far?

It's alright. I am probably 60% done with content review which I will finish April 15. So I am planning to devote 1 month to TBR/AAMC tests. Anyone else have their schedule mapped out?

It's alright. I am probably 60% done with content review which I will finish April 15. So I am planning to devote 1 month to TBR/AAMC tests. Anyone else have their schedule mapped out?

I had to push my test back because my schedule ended up busier than expected. I was almost done with content review but couldn't tolerate it anymore; so, I'm alternating Kaplan/AAMC FLs and passages with any free time that I have.

I like how the test is on a Friday. It allows me to completely vegetate (or cry;)) for the entire weekend afterwards. Do you guys/gals like, dislike, or are neutral to the Friday date?

I like how the test is on a Friday. It allows me to completely vegetate (or cry;)) for the entire weekend afterwards. Do you guys/gals like, dislike, or are neutral to the Friday date?

Like it. I thought about the 1pm administration, but I think I would wear myself out before the test with nerves. I'm not really a morning person, but I couldn't take a test into 6:30pm at night!

crazy

hey guys!

im 5/21 also. just wanted to know what verbal material you guys are using?! im in some desperate need of verbal help! thanks guys and best of luck. we WILL do this!

hey guys!

im 5/21 also. just wanted to know what verbal material you guys are using?! im in some desperate need of verbal help! thanks guys and best of luck. we WILL do this!

EK 101 and Kaplan online verbals. Mental mapping and keeping the reading of the actual passage to ~5 minutes seems to be working for me. Plus I do one FL/week switching from AAMC to Kaplan whenever. Good luck:)

I'm peacin out on Saturday for a week to go to Guatemala for a medical trip! First time abroad, looking forward to the opportunity.

has been a while since anybody has updated. how's everyones progress? 64 days left. i've personally been slacking a bit but need to pick up the pace in order to finish content review within 3 weeks or so.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'm joining you guys, just rescheduled from 23rd april since I'm still reviewing content. Found it a little difficult to keep up with studying while working, so I need the extra month. I don't come on the MCAT threads that often but usually blog about day-to-day studying quite dilligently.

I'm using examkrackers - so far so good.

do you guys think this May test day is going to be on time for this year's cycle?? btw.. is there anyway I can register for the May test without canceling my April seat?? I don't feel prepared for the April test but just don't know if the May one is going to be safe for this cycle...

do you guys think this May test day is going to be on time for this year's cycle?? btw.. is there anyway I can register for the May test without canceling my April seat?? I don't feel prepared for the April test but just don't know if the May one is going to be safe for this cycle...

:confused:???... August is the latest to take the MCAT in order to be safe for this year's cycle.

You can't hold onto 2 seats ... unless you have someone else reserve it for you until you need it.

has been a while since anybody has updated. how's everyones progress? 64 days left. i've personally been slacking a bit but need to pick up the pace in order to finish content review within 3 weeks or so.

My MCAT studying pattern has been up and down. Basically, when I have class exams, I don't study MCAT, then the next 2 weeks after class exams, I'm jamming MCAT down my throat trying to catch up for that missed week.

Tough. But it's only for 2 more months. :cool:

I'm Back! Just got back from Guatemala participating in some medical mission work. Got to assist in some eye surgeries which were pretty awesome...now back to studying in the morning! Woo hoo

I'm Back! Just got back from Guatemala participating in some medical mission work. Got to assist in some eye surgeries which were pretty awesome...now back to studying in the morning! Woo hoo

Welcome back, Sully! That sounds great! I hope you get a bio passage based on the eye!

glad the 5/21 group was made! gooooo team! i pushed my date back from april 17th, i think may 21st sounds like a great day to take on the mcats. keep trucking friends.

oh and i'm thinking of finishing my content review by april 15thish, i'm falling a little behind, but i figured it's better to stay thorough the first sweep to gobble it all up.

Last edited:
Haha...well that would be interesting. When is everyone finishing content review? I plan to finish in ~3weeks.

After going through most content, I got tired of it and started doing passages last week.

glad the 5/21 group was made! gooooo team! i pushed my date back from april 17th, i think may 21st sounds like a great day to take on the mcats. keep trucking friends.

oh and i'm thinking of finishing my content review by april 15thish, i'm falling a little behind, but i figured it's better to stay thorough the first sweep to gobble it all up.

Welcome to the "We're gonna knock the socks off the MCAT (& the 5/22'ers) Club"!!! :)

I don't know about you guys/gals, but after hearing all of the nervousness coming from the 3/27 test-takers I have just gotten a nice boost of motivation!!!

Let's keep on truckin' through this material...

:diebanana:...and beat this test to death! (banana = MCAT)

I don't know about you guys/gals, but after hearing all of the nervousness coming from the 3/27 test-takers I have just gotten a nice boost of motivation!!!

Let's keep on truckin' through this material...

:diebanana:...and beat this test to death! (banana = MCAT)

Haha...if you go through many threads during the post game comments, people are usually freaking out, probably the same way we will do, but in the end they score fine. For example, the 1/30 crowd felt miserable and several people did extremely well who were worried. I think its mental for the most part!

hey MCAT 21ers, I'll be joining you as well!!!!!!!!

right now, though I am struggling to complete all my content review, I definitely agree with g8orlife; reading post MCAT reactions can be a strange form of motivation:)

The TPR tests are frustrating the crap out of me! I can't get past a 27 on these things. Hopefully the AAMCs will be easier or better.

Had to push my exam back to this date. I burned out and my research became more demanding for a while... I feel like a fool for having to pay the fee to change my exam date, but hopefully that'll keep me on track.

What are people doing when they say content review? Are you reading books? Answering questions? I've been on a pretty steady drip of FLs and section tests. I'm wondering if this is enough or should I go back to the books. I got as high as 36 on one FL and my scores have steadily been dropping. Kinda worrying. I had 31/30s for ~5 FLs in a row and yesterday I got a 28 on Kaplan FL 5. Ahhh! Suggestions for revamping my studying??? Help!

Had to push my exam back to this date. I burned out and my research became more demanding for a while... I feel like a fool for having to pay the fee to change my exam date, but hopefully that'll keep me on track.

I think you made an excellent choice Velocity! Welcome to the family! *hugs*

:welcome:

Hey guys!! How are you guys are coming along?!

Pretty good! Just doing passages ... passages ... passages ...passages ... passages ... oh ... and umm ... ... did i mention more passages? ... no? ok, passages.:rolleyes:

What are people doing when they say content review? Are you reading books? Answering questions? I've been on a pretty steady drip of FLs and section tests. I'm wondering if this is enough or should I go back to the books. I got as high as 36 on one FL and my scores have steadily been dropping. Kinda worrying. I had 31/30s for ~5 FLs in a row and yesterday I got a 28 on Kaplan FL 5. Ahhh! Suggestions for revamping my studying??? Help!

Don't worry about it; sounds like you're on the right track.

These might help ya:

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=3351063&postcount=23

http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showpost.php?p=2910091&postcount=12

Thanks g8orlife! Those actually did help chill me out a little. I have been writing down concepts from missed questions, which has helped. My score this week went back up, so I'm just trying to do what I can for the next five weeks. Good luck everyone! Keep it up!!!

i originally posted on the 5/22 spot, but this is the actual date for my mcat. just finished the princeton review course, and now im studying on my own. i have taken aamc FL # 4 and 5 so far. got a 35 on 4 and a 36 on 5. im feeling pretty good right now, but i don't want to get overconfident. i know this test has owned many people smarter than i! good luck to everybody

The TPR tests are frustrating the crap out of me! I can't get past a 27 on these things. Hopefully the AAMCs will be easier or better.

i was also frustrated by TPR tests. big jump when i switched to AAMC tests. hopefully you will have the same result!

i was also frustrated by TPR tests. big jump when i switched to AAMC tests. hopefully you will have the same result!

I dropped those TPR tests two weeks ago! They were painful. How big of a jump did you see? I am hoping to see at least 5 points.

I dropped those TPR tests two weeks ago! They were painful. How big of a jump did you see? I am hoping to see at least 5 points.

I did a 26 on TPR 1, 25 on TPR 2, and a 30 on TPR 5. When I switched I had a five point bump. Just took AAMC FL 6 today and got a 38! Five weeks to go...

I did a 26 on TPR 1, 25 on TPR 2, and a 30 on TPR 5. When I switched I had a five point bump. Just took AAMC FL 6 today and got a 38! Five weeks to go...

Good job! That's awesome. I took AAMC 4 today and got a 32. Still a lot of work to go, but improvement helps my confidence.

help on Bio section question at testprep-online free test.
why isn't distractor D also possible in the first question?
I get why "a" is correct, but i had a hard time deciding between the two. I hate when this happens, think I need some mental coaching for these situations, its my greatest enemy.

Anyone else just wish they could take the test now and be done with it??

umm... ask me again in 30 days :D

help on Bio section question at testprep-online free test.
why isn't distractor D also possible in the first question?
I get why "a" is correct, but i had a hard time deciding between the two. I hate when this happens, think I need some mental coaching for these situations, its my greatest enemy.

Write the question so we could help ya out buddy.

COUNTDOWN BEGINS: 30 days remaining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:):oops::uhno::(:scared::barf:

Just took BR 3 (12/9/11). I have to get verbal to double digits.

Anyone else taking BR? I thought that one was way harder than AAMC or BR 1 and 2.

Just a reminder: Take breaks when necessary, but BASH through these last few weeks!!! LET's GO!!!!

:diebanana:

27 days!!:eek:

umm... ask me again in 30 days :D

Write the question so we could help ya out buddy.

COUNTDOWN BEGINS: 30 days remaining!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:D:):oops::uhno::(:scared::barf:

1. According to the passage, which of the following is true?
A) If the two cells of an Ussing chamber contain equal volumes of uncharged particles, the flux ratio will be concentration dependent.
B) If the two cells of an Ussing chamber contain the same volume and concentration of a non-ionic solution, a driving force can lead to a flux ratio of 1.
C) If the two cells of an Ussing chamber are filled with the same solution volume, a short circuit current has to be applied to maintain a voltage difference between the cells.
D) When the two cells comprising an Ussing chamber contain the same volume and the flux ratio is 1, a short circuit current cannot be applied to measure ion movement across the epithelium.
the passage appears on their free sample questions. testprep-online.com​