2010-2011 Drexel Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me (ksmi117) when the secondary is available.

:luck: with your application!

Members don't see this ad.

is anyone applying here?? lol

Members don't see this ad :)
Does anybody know when Drexel starts sending out secondaries?

yes, it came out in august last yr.
and beware, once they start sending them out you need to check your spam like every day, and/or add their email address to your contacts. last yr when i applied they sent to it me in mid august, but i never got it. i waited probably too long, because here on sdn people were getting the secondaries out of order with regard to amcas verification and many who had been verified around my date had not gotten it either.
turns out, it had gone to spam and i by the time i called, had it re-emailed, and submitted the thing it was the beginning of october!

I checked last year's thread and it seems that Drexel doesn't have any essays... so the 2ndary will be just confirming your info and courses, i guess?

I checked last year's thread and it seems that Drexel doesn't have any essays... so the 2ndary will be just confirming your info and courses, i guess?

Pretty sure, and if I remember correctly the people who interviewed last year were asked to write an essay while they were there. Don't quote me on that, but I think that's what I remember from last year's thread.

Pretty sure, and if I remember correctly the people who interviewed last year were asked to write an essay while they were there. Don't quote me on that, but I think that's what I remember from last year's thread.

Yeah that's what I read too...something about an essay with an ethical question?

Yeah you are. I interviewed and was WLed and had to write an essay

Don't stress the essay guys. It's cake and you have the entire day to do it.

Hi All

I have to say I'm pretty surprised that Drexel hasn't yet sent out their secondaries. I applied to this school last year and completed the secondary on September 1st. This cycle, I was hoping to complete secondaries much earlier than last cycle. But is there really a big difference in the timing between submitting last year's secondary on 9/1 and this year's secondary in August (whenever that may be). I was hoping to use an earlier complete date to my advantage.

Members don't see this ad :)
Hi All

I have to say I'm pretty surprised that Drexel hasn't yet sent out their secondaries. I applied to this school last year and completed the secondary on September 1st. This cycle, I was hoping to complete secondaries much earlier than last cycle. But is there really a big difference in the timing between submitting last year's secondary on 9/1 and this year's secondary in August (whenever that may be). I was hoping to use an earlier complete date to my advantage.

If Drexel hasn't released a secondary yet, then there is no difference with respect to admissions if they released it last year in August and this year in September (or whatever the timing is), assuming you were the first to submit in both instances. else"..whether that's towards the front of the line or the back of the line.All that really matters is the time of your submission relative to "everyone else"

No love for me..once again! I always get placed into the later batches (not complaining, just means I get more time to read for pleasure!)

med schools seriously hate us

Haha! *sob sob* It's okay...it's still early on in the cycle...we haven't been outright rejected yet...There are still a handful of schools left to either do that or give us the pleasure of additional interview invites!

Damn you guys, now every time I get a notification for a new email in my inbox, I get my hopes up.

I'm really confused. It seems everyone has gotten their 2ndaries... yet I didn't yet.

My app was verified 06/04 and Drexel has been on my list all this time.

I'm really confused. It seems everyone has gotten their 2ndaries... yet I didn't yet.

My app was verified 06/04 and Drexel has been on my list all this time.

Not a big deal. I was verified the same day and haven't gotten it. This has happened to me at a bunch of schools and I always get them eventually.

Not a big deal. I was verified the same day and haven't gotten it. This has happened to me at a bunch of schools and I always get them eventually.

Thanks for the reassurance.

It's strange that it's not mass-mailed to everyone. It's not like they screen primaries either.

Maybe it's by state?

It's strange that it's not mass-mailed to everyone. It's not like they screen primaries either.

Maybe it's by state?

Yeah I'm not sure why they do them in batches. Maybe it's by state or last name or something else.

Maybe it's by state?

california here, no secondary

pennsylvania, no secondary. it think its either by when primaries were verified (mine was early june but not the first couple of days) or last name.

pennsylvania, no secondary. it think its either by when primaries were verified (mine was early june but not the first couple of days) or last name.

Virginia here, no secondary either. I was verified on 6/1 so don't think that's it either. Oh well, they don't screen so I'm not worrying too much about it.

California and I received the secondary. My primary was verified on June 30.

Only question on it:

2. Has your education to date been continuous other than vacations?
Yes No
Please give details about any interruption or time away from your education, which includes the time since graduation. Detail your activities for each year away from school.

Last edited:
New Jersey.

Secondary received, submitted, t-shirt bought, and Pat's cheesesteak eaten.

Can you guys state when you submitted your primaries because I didn't get one today.

I'm a PA resident, verified 7/28.

OOS, no secondary, verified 6/14.

My last name is at the beginning of the alphabet :p

OOS, Verified 7/2, and got it! yay.

OOS, Verified 6/2. No secondary.

Exactly the same here. It's ridiculous that we went through the extra effort to be verified first, and then we get the secondaries last and end up getting reviewed for interviews after everyone else... :thumbdown:

Considering this is the first day they came out, you will probably get it tomorrow or by the end of the week, quit complaining. They are going to look at all the files and if you aren't in for the first set of interviews, who cares? If you are a good applicant you will get in. Don't get your panties in a wad. It is 8/2 and there are 6+ months left of this whole process.

Considering this is the first day they came out, you will probably get it tomorrow or by the end of the week, quit complaining. They are going to look at all the files and if you aren't in for the first set of interviews, who cares? If you are a good applicant you will get in. Don't get your panties in a wad. It is 8/2 and there are 6+ months left of this whole process.
:thumbdown:

yeah, it's a long process. But being first = the best chances of acceptance, by far. There are 6 months of interviews, but so what? most ppl who interview during those later months get rejected. I would know; I'm a reapplicant. Last year I applied in September and had late interviews. So maybe you can see now why I went through the extra effort to be in the first set of interviews this time, why getting this secondary first matters more to me than it does to you, and why what has happened feels unfair. Next time you see someone venting on SDN, try and realize you don't know everything about them.

Last edited:

yeah, it's a long process. But being first = the best chances of acceptance, by far. There are 6 months of interviews, but so what? most ppl who interview during those later months get rejected. I would know; I'm a reapplicant. Last year I applied in September and had late interviews. So maybe you can see now why I went through the extra effort to be in the first set of interviews time, why getting this secondary first matters more to me than it does to you, and why what has happened feels particularly unfair. Next time you see someone venting on SDN, try and realize you don't know everything about them.

Although I don't particularly know what it's like to reapply a second time, I would not worry about this at all (and I haven't gotten the secondary either even though I was verified long ago). There is practically no difference of getting a secondary a day later than the few people who already got it. At least you applied earlier this year...that's a HUGE bonus.

yeah, it's a long process. But being first = the best chances of acceptance, by far. There are 6 months of interviews, but so what? most ppl who interview during those later months get rejected. I would know; I'm a reapplicant. Last year I applied in September and had late interviews. So maybe you can see now why I went through the extra effort to be in the first set of interviews this time, why getting this secondary first matters more to me than it does to you, and why what has happened feels unfair. Next time you see someone venting on SDN, try and realize you don't know everything about them.

Suncrusher darling, I'm going to be blunt with you...I totally sympathize with the anxiety you're experiencing because you weren't the first to receive a secondary application, but in the big scheme of things (at this point in the game at least)...one day won't be the difference between a rejection and acceptance.

Keep in mind that I'm also in the same boat as you since I too haven't received this secondary! Like I've said before, good luck! :)

I hear what you're saying ;), but keep in mind that all of you are just guessing that I will get the secondary within a few days. There were ppl who didn't get the loyola secondary for weeks after the first person got his. Most of all, no matter when I end up getting this secondary, it is still just plain frustrating to try so hard to do everything right and then have stuff go wrong. Thanks for trying to be nice tho, I can't fault you all for that : )

Last edited:
I hear what you're saying ;), but keep in mind that all of you are just guessing that I will get the secondary within a few days. There were ppl who didn't get the loyola secondary for weeks after the first person got his. Most of all, no matter when I end up getting this secondary, it is still just plain frustrating to try so hard to do everything right and then have stuff go wrong. Thanks for trying to be nice tho, I can't fault you all for that : )

For some reason I have been getting secondaries at the same time as you, and usually not the first day they come out. I understand your anxiety and I don't fault you. At the same time I know I should just relax about things that are out of my control. :scared:/:cool:

I agree with suncrusher here. I realize that it is still very early in the process, but being in the first round of interviews can make a huge difference (as in you get reviewed for the Oct 15th release of acceptances). It is definitely unfair for someone who had everything in June 1st to get a secondary 2 weeks later than someone who was in July 30th. The admissions offices have our verification dates, it only seems logical that they send secondaries based on that (assuming a non-screening school).

With hundreds of secondaries submitted every day, a few days can put you wayyyyy back in the review pile.

Status
Not open for further replies.