2010-2011 Morehouse Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me (ksmi117) when the secondary is available.

:luck: with your application!

Members don't see this ad.

Anyone applying here? I'm submitting for early admissions with my fingers crossed and my head bowed.:)

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also applying here....I am applying on as Regular App....And good luck with going in early..

I am applying. I applied last year as well. Good luck to everyone!

I'm non-trad as well. I don't want to go anywhere else, this school fits everything about me. Let's go Morehouse, show me some love!

Good Luck to everyone:luck:. Post your updates on Morehouse and I'll do the same.

just sent in my app...fingers crossed and heart on the altar....the Lord will bless!!:)

just sent in my app...fingers crossed and heart on the altar....the Lord will bless!!:)

Good Luck to us all!!! I submitted last week and got verified this morning!!! Here we go, hopefully this year it goes well!!!

Hey,

If anyone is reapplying to Morehouse like me this year, I had a question...I just received an invite for secondary. Do we make a new user name or use our previous one??? Because when I used my previous user name it was stating my last cycle that I applied and I could make changes to that previous secondary. Does anyone know how to go about this??????? thanks

just got the secondary too :)

good luck everyone!!

Just a quick question. Do they screen or do they simply send secondaries to all applicants? I am at work and I left my MSAR home. But I really really want to know the answer now. Thank you! :)

Just a quick question. Do they screen or do they simply send secondaries to all applicants? I am at work and I left my MSAR home. But I really really want to know the answer now. Thank you! :)

I just checked and they do screen. I got mine today too!! :)

Members don't see this ad :)
when did u guys get verified? Im getting nervous that I may have gotten screened out...I got verified on Jul-02...

Would anyone who has received the secondary mind posting the prompts or sending it to ksmi117?

Would anyone who has received the secondary mind posting the prompts or sending it to ksmi117?

Here it is:

Type a statement setting forth the key motivational factors in your decision to apply to Morehouse and any information about yourself you feel would be of interest to the Committee on Admission in the consideration of your application. Please keep the response to about one page. (You may want to type your answer in a Word Processor while you are off-line and paste your response here)

I don't believe the secondary has been released yet. You should check last year's thread, as the essays are often the same from year to year.

I already submitted my application to this school o_O I hope you get yours soon!!

I called Morehouse to make sure they got my pic and such. The guy in admissions was so nice! I've heard horror stories about calling other schools. Luckily, I'm complete :)

Doesn't seem like they accept many OOS...yet I'm going to try anyway! :D

Doesn't seem like they accept many OOS...yet I'm going to try anyway! :D

According to the most recent MSAR about 40% of their entering class was OOS. They seem to have a very small entering class though. I think MSAR listed it as about 59.

Meharry's class is much larger, around 100, and about 80+% OOS.

hey guys,
I am in the process of choosing schools to apply to. This school seems weird, I went to their website and all their students are african american, indian, and other minorities. no offense to minorities, i am a minority too.
so how does it work, do they favor minorities?
is this a real med school? how does it differ from other med schools? there is something fishy about their website, i cant quite tell what

hey guys,
I am in the process of choosing schools to apply to. This school seems weird, I went to their website and all their students are african american, indian, and other minorities. no offense to minorities, i am a minority too.
so how does it work, do they favor minorities?
is this a real med school? how does it differ from other med schools? there is something fishy about their website, i cant quite tell what

wow... are you seriously asking if this is a real med school? of course it is.. and if you read their mission statement, it's not surprising why they have such a diverse student body.

Yes, Morehouse is a "real med school." The accreditations are listed on the "about us" page. I don't know why you find it weird.

From the website
We are committed to diversity; therefore, a substantial number of our students come from backgrounds who have been historically underrepresented in the field of medicine.

From the student handbook, p. 31. (also available on the website)
The school is committed to recruiting, enrolling, and educating substantial numbers of persons from racial minorities and from educationally and socioeconomically deprived groups.

And finally, the school's mission statement.
Morehouse School of Medicine is dedicated to improving the health and well-being of individuals and communities; increasing the diversity of the health professional and scientific workforce; and addressing primary health-care needs through programs in education, research, and service, with emphasis on people of color and the underserved urban and rural populations in Georgia and the nation.

Also, when this topic came up during interviews last year, Dr. Roaf said (director of admissions) Morehouse, like Meharry and Howard, tends to receive the majority of its applications from minorities/URMs. The admissions director at Meharry said something similar.

Got my Answer, Thanks

Last edited:
Has anybody received interviews? I havent even received a complete email.

I think morehouse said it sent responses via snail mail, and I believe they just started handing out complete emails a couple weeks ago. I think they start interviewing a little later than most.

I just received a complete email. So lets hope the interview invites start coming.

I just received a complete email. So lets hope the interview invites start coming.

I just got that email too... I called to asked why it took a 1.5months to get a complete email, and they said that it is sent out at once; for all those who were completed earlier in the cycle. I was scared that I was pushed to the back of the line or something...

They also said that interviews will be sent out in September... so here's hoping for an interview... good luck people...

HOPE

Interview invite today by email. OOS complete 8/23
They pre-schedule your interview date.

Interview invite today by email. OOS complete 8/23
They pre-schedule your interview date.

Congrats! I just finish my secondary last week ..So hopefully get a complete email that they received all my paperwork...

Congrats again...Good luck!!!

i thought they said they were going to mail interview invites? does this mean i can stop stalking the mailman? lol

and congrats!

Just got an invite. No choice but to go on October 1st, that's interesting. I was complete on 8/23

email also

good stuff!!!

I just got a complete email today, but just mailed my picture today ...So I guess the picture thing was optional? So not sure if I am really complete just yet....

That's nice. I submitted my secondary in July and sent my picture first week of August and I still haven't received my complete email yet. I called and they said it needed to be reviewed before they will send the complete email .....?????

I got a complete email about a week later. Thats weird that they havent sent you one yet.

They received my app on the 25th of August and I just got an interview invite today in my email! They mail you the supplemental information, such as travel info etc. I had to reschedule though since I have an interview the same day (Oct. 15th) so hopefully I get the first week in Oct. otherwise they'll have to see me in Nov. :xf:
Btw, I'm an OOS from UF.

Wow quiet thread. Can anyone post the secondary questions?

NM found it.

Last edited:
Just got my secondary today!
:D Excited!

if I turn my secondary in two weeks from today, do you guys think it's too late?

I'm guessing there isn't a way to check your status on the website. I was on there earlier and clicked on the 'Application' link. It took me to another blank application even though I'm complete and I've sent my picture form in. Should I be worried? Anyone had a similar experience?

Complete 9/15.. Interview invite 9/22.. In State!

Status
Not open for further replies.