2010-2011 University of Rochester Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me (ksmi117) when the secondary is available.

:luck: with your application!

Members don't see this ad.

Yea let's go Rochester!!

Yes, yes yes - so here's a question for all of you:

I'm applying to the MD/MBA program - what is the process like, generally speaking. Rochester and Wake forest are the only 2 schools with the MBA portion 1st (Year 1 MBA, Year 2-3 MD, etc.).

Any comments would be great! ;)

Hey, does anyone know what Rochester's rotation sites are? I searched their website but couldn't find a list.

Members don't see this ad :)
no idea - but that sounds like an ambitious program - good luck!!!! I'm applying to rochester and wakeforest too.. but only for md.

Any one receive word on the secondary? Seems like it was out earlier than this last year.

Word on the street is that there are no essays till you get an interview, right? If so, I'm a fan.

Hmm..it looks like they do give secondary's to everyone, or at least it seems that way...just got an email:

Dear Applicant:

Thank you for your interest in the University of Rochester Medical School. This
year, the University of Rochester Medical School is shifting to an entirely
electronic process. Because of our shif to this electronic process, our secondary
application will open up on July 19, 2010. When the site becomes available, you
will receive an email from us with instructions on how to complete the on-line
secondary application. We will begin interviewing in early September.

I don't know why they needed to tell us this but I guess its better to
know something than to not hear anything :)

I got the email too. So what does this mean? Possibly everyone doing essays and no screening?

Members don't see this ad :)
Anybody receive their secondary yet? I got the email saying it would be unlocked on the 19th, but I haven't heard anything since.

Anybody receive their secondary yet? I got the email saying it would be unlocked on the 19th, but I haven't heard anything since.

same. I'm still waiting for today's email, too. Does anyone know the secondary app site? Maybe it is accessible but we just having gotten the email notifying us about it yet.

interesting. I found last year's secondary site and this one is quite different. That must be because they are transitioning to a completely electronic application. The link you posted has today's date on the site, whereas the old link says it was last updated July 1, 2010. I guess we'll just have to wait for the email to find out our passwords and username.

interesting. I found last year's secondary site and this one is quite different. That must be because they are transitioning to a completely electronic application. The link you posted has today's date on the site, whereas the old link says it was last updated July 1, 2010. I guess we'll just have to wait for the email to find out our passwords and username.

Yeah I don't know! I think I found that one today too..but the link I posted is the one now available off the main Admissions site under "How to Apply" -> "2011 Applicant Portal."

same.

so it doesnt seem like they screen by the way the email is worded...anyone know if they screen or not?

I am pretty sure there is no screen... looked in MSAR and it agreed. But IIRC they have essays before the interview that you have to write and it is closed file beside those essays but im not 100% on that.

Love the secondary nice and easy, quick turnaround.

I am pretty sure there is no screen... looked in MSAR and it agreed. But IIRC they have essays before the interview that you have to write and it is closed file beside those essays but im not 100% on that.

Love the secondary nice and easy, quick turnaround.

Don't think they screen. Received and submitted in about 2 minutes! I wish all secondaries were like this.

For those of you who have submitted the secondary, does the application status indicate your LORs to be received? I've had my LORs sent to Rochester from AMCAS since June 1, and I still have the red light. Just wondering if everyone's is like this.

just got it too but when I submitted the check mark for relationship for I have no affiliated relatives didn't get saved. Do you think this will be a problem? Did anyone else have this problem?

just got it too but when I submitted the check mark for relationship for I have no affiliated relatives didn't get saved. Do you think this will be a problem? Did anyone else have this problem?

i had the same problem...hmmm

I still have a red light for my LORs as well, and they have been in since day 1 as well.

As for things not saving- you have to "submit" each page you fill out for it to be deemed completed, this will lock in the relatives page (I think).

Is the supplement down for anyone else?

Can't seem to access it on either firefox or chrome....

For all those who are worrying about the check box "I have no relatives affiliated with the University of Rochester." I am filling out the secondary right now but haven't submitted - it seems as though everytime I scroll back the check in the box disappears. It must be a glitch in the system. I wouldn't be to worried about it. They'll get the idea when you didn't enter anyone's name in as a relative.

edit: got an answer

I am having that same glitch though with not being able to check no relatives

Last edited:
LOR red light for me too. sent mine a while ago. if everybody's is like this, i wouldn't worry too much about it. probably takes a while for them to update it.

Do we need to send them our transcripts also? On the documents page of the secondary it lists my transcripts as "missing". Anybody else have this problem?

alow, it says it on mine too...that my transcripts are missing. but all of my other schools are fine. weird..

I have a feeling that transcripts are only if they request -- say if you are accepted, to let you know that they received them.

I don't think they want them right now... but maybe I am wrong

For those of you that received a secondary invite, was it after your app was verified or before?

After. I was verified July 2. The secondary just became available today, btw.

After as well. I was verified just this morning actually, and received the secondary email a few hours later.

is anyone else having trouble submitting? it keeps saying that i have sections incomplete when really they were questions that simply did not apply to me and/or were not required fields?

is anyone else having trouble submitting? it keeps saying that i have sections incomplete when really they were questions that simply did not apply to me and/or were not required fields?

hit submit on each page

Anyone else have trouble with the payment system? I just paid via credit card and got to the receipt page and clicked on the return to home button. However, it's still showing up as red under application fee and says that there has been no payments. I can't submit my secondary until it turns green but I don't want to accidentally pay twice. I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow and ask them over the phone.

Anyone else have trouble with the "Experiences page". I click on the boxes relevant to me and push submit and it always gives me the same error "
500 ErrorPage

Sorry, it appears the page you were looking for doesn't exist anymore or might have beeen moved!
Please go back to Home Page, and then look for links to the information you want."

:confused:

Anyone else have trouble with the "Experiences page". I click on the boxes relevant to me and push submit and it always gives me the same error "
500 ErrorPage

Sorry, it appears the page you were looking for doesn't exist anymore or might have beeen moved!
Please go back to Home Page, and then look for links to the information you want."

Yeah I'm getting that now though about 20 minutes ago it went to the next page just fine. Looks like they're having a glitch with their system and it might be affecting the payment system as well. Hopefully it'll be fixed in the next few hours or by tomorrow.

500 ErrorPage

yes.

experience issues here too >_<

probably because some many people tried doing it at once

Well if they start having essays next year, we'll know it's all our faults :laugh:

any1 call abt this problem??

samething happened to me..better call 2m morning.
let me know if you get this resolved. thanks!

Anyone else have trouble with the payment system? I just paid via credit card and got to the receipt page and clicked on the return to home button. However, it's still showing up as red under application fee and says that there has been no payments. I can't submit my secondary until it turns green but I don't want to accidentally pay twice. I guess I'll have to wait till tomorrow and ask them over the phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.