2010-2011 Wake Forest University Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ksmi117

GEAUX TIGERS!!!
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Prompts:

Please answer ONE of the following questions
1. The Committee on Admissions invites you to share important and/or challenging factors in your background, such as the quality of your early educational environment, socioeconomic status, culture, race, ethnicity or life or work experiences. Please discuss how such factors have influenced your goals and preparation for a career in medicine.

Or

2. What do you see as the most likely practice scenario for your future medical career?
Why do you believe that you are particularly suited for this practice scenario?
What knowledge, skills and attitudes have you developed that have prepared you for this path?

Personal Statement
Complete if you have additional comments or something specific to say to the school.

:luck: with your application!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Woot! When you guys are all excited about interviewing/touring WF, we'll probably be ready to claw out our eyeballs from too much studying.
:luck: Class of 2015!

Just applied! I'm excited to hopefully get to interview here, I've heard a lot about it but never actually have been on the campus.

Members don't see this ad :)
yeah, same as surf - never visited

anyone here know someone who's in the MD/MBA program??? Wake forest and U of Rochester (NY) are the only 2 schools that have the MBA portion first (before the basic science MD years). Any comments would be great! :)

I'll be taking the GMAT next week...

Just received the following email from Wake Forest:

"Your application for the next entering class has been received from the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS). Our office will contact you when further information is required.

If you wish to see the status of your application, click on this URL (Please Note: this is not our Secondary Application, its only a link to check the status of your application)"

Damnit Wake, what a tease!! Got my hopes up so much...wonder what the purpose of even sending this email was...

Dang, me too. It is a tease.

"Your application for the next entering class has been received from the American Medical College Application Service (AMCAS). Our office will contact you when further information is required.

If you wish to see the status of your application, click on this URL (Please Note: this is not our Secondary Application, its only a link to check the status of your application)"

Damnit Wake, what a tease!! Got my hopes up so much...wonder what the purpose of even sending this email was...

I am wondering the same thing. What's the point? Were you able to access the link at least? Wondering if it is a browser problem or simply too much site traffic.

I am wondering the same thing. What's the point? Were you able to access the link at least? Wondering if it is a browser problem or simply too much site traffic.

I clicked on the link and typed in the login information but I got a popup error message that had way too much stuff on it that I didn't wanna read. Not too worried about it, esp since I don't have a secondary to fill out yet...hopefully they'll fix it.

Same here. Wake actually reviews the primaries first and only selects certain applicants for the secondaries (I wish more did this). Good luck all

Same here. Wake actually reviews the primaries first and only selects certain applicants for the secondaries (I wish more did this). Good luck all

Agree, then maybe I wouldn't have to spend $1000 on secondaries

I got the same message. It took two attempts, but when I logged in (the second attempt) it said I will receive a secondary, but it may take up to two weeks as they are sent out in batches.

Members don't see this ad :)
Screened also. How tough is the screen? Does everyone basically get through?

They're thorough, but some would say random (as in, good grades and high MCAT have gotten screened out in the past; they're definitely looking for a certain fit between the student and the school). And no. So congrats. :)

Sweet, just double checked the status site (it wasn't working for me yesterday) and I got screened in too. Other people that got screened in, how're your stats? 34P/3.7/3.7 here. I feel like the initial screen would be for stats because I don't think they'd be able to go through everyone's ECs and stuff so quickly.

They're thorough, but some would say random (as in, good grades and high MCAT have gotten screened out in the past; they're definitely looking for a certain fit between the student and the school). And no. So congrats. :)

yep, got rejected pre secondary last year with 3.4/36. that was a real confidence-boosting way to start the app cycle :rolleyes:

Sweet, just double checked the status site (it wasn't working for me yesterday) and I got screened in too. Other people that got screened in, how're your stats? 34P/3.7/3.7 here. I feel like the initial screen would be for stats because I don't think they'd be able to go through everyone's ECs and stuff so quickly.

My stats are just about the same as yours.

Mine says "AMCAS application is under review" and that I will be notified when my status changes. Does that mean simply what it says or does it mean I failed the screen?

Mine says "AMCAS application is under review" and that I will be notified when my status changes. Does that mean simply what it says or does it mean I failed the screen?

Same here. Good luck!

I hope this just means we are further down on the list. Those who have been screened- did you submit your AMCAS really early?

Passed the screen, yeehaw. What % of peeps get the secondary?

do you have to wait for an email to see your status?

i'm not yet verified, it's driving me crazy!!

the site isn't even loading. it keeps timing out

Still under review. 31Q and 3.7, OOS. Verified 6/8. I can't imagine them screening out people 30+ and 3.5+, but maybe that is just my own vanity.

Screened in for md/phd with 36Q/3.86/3.86. For those who are wondering, I submitted my AMCAS on june 9th, and it was processed/verified on june 18th. Good luck everyone!

Last edited:
Screened in. It says I will receive my secondary within 2 weeks. 3.6 s & c GPA, 39Q oos. AMCAS application was verified on the 23rd or 22nd or so. Somewhere around there.

Still under review :(
Congrats to all getting the secondaries.

Congrats to everyone in so far. I'm a re-app and last year I added wake forest in september and was screening in almost right away so they might have a specific cut-off or something. Verified 6/2 this year and still under review though

the link to the application status page sent in the initial email is not working....anyone else having this trouble?

Screened in this morning, AMCAS verified 6/2, 33P, 3.8 and 3.8. Website seems to work fine for me today.

Are they emailing you if you get screened in, or are you guys just checking your status?

I still haven't even gotten an email from Wake Forest. They pre-pre-screened me out. haha

I got screened in today morning. I found this out by checking my status via the provided link.

They send you an initial email, with a link, on on the link you can see your status. Mine originally read that I was under review, then changed to:

"Your AMCAS application has been evaluated and we are sending you our secondary application by e-mail. Please allow 2 weeks for the application to be sent to you as we send them out in batches."

They send you an initial email, with a link, on on the link you can see your status. Mine originally read that I was under review, then changed to:

"Your AMCAS application has been evaluated and we are sending you our secondary application by e-mail. Please allow 2 weeks for the application to be sent to you as we send them out in batches."

Ditto.

Nothing here either, but it's taken BU almost two weeks to get secondaries out and they don't screen, so I'm still holding out some hope.

Still under review. 31Q and 3.7, OOS. Verified 6/8. I can't imagine them screening out people 30+ and 3.5+, but maybe that is just my own vanity.

I got the secondary and im OOS with 31Q also, so I think they are just taking their time :)

Yay screened-in, OOS, cGPA 3.8, sGPA 3.73, 29P MCAT...

I interviewed here last cycle and loved it... still sitting on their 2010 waitlist... if one or two more people withdraw there is a good chance I would get accepted... but I doubt it will happen this cycle.. so I hope to maybe get in 2011 cycle... I loved this school... I am glad I made it through the preliminary screening... definately one of my top choices.

Yay screened-in, OOS, cGPA 3.8, sGPA 3.73, 29P MCAT...

I interviewed here last cycle and loved it... still sitting on their 2010 waitlist... if one or two more people withdraw there is a good chance I would get accepted... but I doubt it will happen this cycle.. so I hope to maybe get in 2011 cycle... I loved this school... I am glad I made it through the preliminary screening... definately one of my top choices.

You've got a great attitude!! Best of luck with the waitlist:xf:
I got screened in today too:)

Sweeet, screened in today as well

Greaatt...guess I probably got pre-pre-screened out too :scared:

My status just changed from the "we are looking at your app" to this:

"You will be receiving notification of your application status by e-mail."

Has anyone else seen this one?

My status just changed from the "we are looking at your app" to this:

"You will be receiving notification of your application status by e-mail."

Has anyone else seen this one?

Hmmmmmmmm..............I've not seen that kind of change....best of luck though in this process

Status
Not open for further replies.