MCPHS (Worcester) Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

johanne

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
It's here guys. If you are applying for the fall of 2011 at MCPHS Worcester please share your information.

Members don't see this ad.

Does anyone know where to get the 2011 supplemental application for MCPHS? I checked their website and i can't find the pplication.

I'm also applying to MCP-Worcester for Fall/2011 and I'm quite nervous! I didn't know the application was already available. The 2011 supplemental application for MCPHS is on their website...after you click on the link for "apply". Hope that helps.

Members don't see this ad :)
I'll be applying here as well. I lived in Worcester for 4 years and worked at a pharmacy there for a bit while I was at WPI. I really enjoyed the city and worked with a lot of the MCPHS students doing rotations at the pharmacy. They all liked it quite a bit. Can't wait to hear back :xf:!

Good luck. I will be applying as well and i'm very scared already. The next 6 months going to be scary and very stressful for me since this is the only school that i'm applying to since i will not be applying to any out of state .

I'm also applying here. I am probably going to send in my application around the end of August. I still have 2 classes to take in the fall, anyone know if they automatically wait to review your application until you get those final requirement transcripts submitted?

Anyways, I'm pretty nervous as well. MCP-W is my #1 choice.

I'm also applying here. I am probably going to send in my application around the end of August. I still have 2 classes to take in the fall, anyone know if they automatically wait to review your application until you get those final requirement transcripts submitted?

No, they just accept you, pending your completion of the prerequisites. I asked the school if I were to complete the prerequisites in the Fall semester and was accepted before the Spring began would my acceptance be pending on my graduation. The answer: No. In fact, I could even take off the Spring semester. Of course, the more you have done prior to the interview, the better. My remaining pre-reqs: Gen. Psych, Psych elective, Sociology, Stats, Macroeconomics.

Also, the avg GPA of accepted applicants is 3.4. Just a tidbit of info for those who didnt know. :)

Does anyone know if you can start the supplemental before actually submitting your PharmCAS application. I ask because I am currently waiting on a LOR to be received by them, and if it happens to not make it there I would have to ask another pharmacist since the one who wrote it is in Egypt for 3 weeks (let's hope this doesnt actually happen).

Does anyone know if you can start the supplemental before actually submitting your PharmCAS application. I ask because I am currently waiting on a LOR to be received by them, and if it happens to not make it there I would have to ask another pharmacist since the one who wrote it is in Egypt for 3 weeks (let's hope this doesnt actually happen).

Yeah, you can start it and save your progress on the app (its 4 pages long I believe) without submitting it. You can finish the entire thing and just not submit it until you submit the PharmCAS so it can be matched.

I have already sent in my pharmcas and supp application. Does this school require a pcat score?

Also how long will it take for them to contact us for an interview?

Has anyone submitted their application and heard anything back yet? I submitted my application in July and haven't heard anything from them, not even an e-mail or letter confirming that they received it. I'm starting to worry...

i submitted my app on sunday
i need to do my supplementals
i guess it'll take them a while to get back..
eeep!
good luck hope we all get in!!

Has anyone submitted their application and heard anything back yet? I submitted my application in July and haven't heard anything from them, not even an e-mail or letter confirming that they received it. I'm starting to worry...

I submitted mine supplemental mid-Aug and haven't heard anything either..i wonder whats taking them so long?

Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted my Supplemental & PharmCAS 9/10. PharmCAS hasn't reported my GPA as calculated yet, so I'm not sure if MCPHS even has the materials as of now. Fingers crossed!

it doesnt seem that their first question about why you want to go
has a word count limit
how long is everyones?
a page or so?

Interviews, anyone? I have mine on Oct. 22nd. :D

So I get my PCAT score in mail today and it is beyond terrible. I was just wanted to see what PCAT is like and made a mistake of sending the score to Pharmcas.

Currently, I am applying to Cali schools mostly where PCAT isn't a requirement. NOW that the score is included in the application already, I am really anxious bc they will still look at it...

sigh...
What should I do?!!!

Well, you're kinda in the wrong thread. MCPHS is in MA. You got me excited and made me think someone actually replied right away :laugh:. But I would call the respective schools and ask about that. It wouldnt hurt to ask.

How did they send you the interview invite? e-mail? snail mail?

Snail mail. On Thursday, I got a letter that was dated on the 21st saying that my application was being review. Then, on Saturday I got a letter dated on the 23rd saying that I was offered an interview.

are you applying as a transfer for 0-6

are you applying as a transfer for 0-6

Worcester isn't a 0-6 program. It's a 3-year accelerated program for those who have already completed all the pre-reqs. Most people accepted into the program already have Bachelor's degrees. You are probably thinking of the MCPHS Boston campus, which is 0-6.

Just out of curiosity KB, when did you submit PharmCAS and Supplemental?

Submitted on 07/27/2010. Mailed on 08/09/2010. Supplemental probably mid-August.

I have on November. Could me please give me any information about interview?

I have mine in November. Could you please give me any idea after your interview.

No problem. I know that we have to write a short essay prior to the actual interview. I got mail today saying to arrive 30 mins before the interview for this purpose.

hey i was wondering for those that have an interview could you post your stats, if you dont mind? thanks!!

For the interview, are you guys talking about MCPHS in worcester?

Shimme: 3.9 GPA over 91 credits in 2 years (summer classes and regular semesters), ~2 years as a tech in a retail store, a couple months as a volunteer tech in a hospital, in-school extracurriculars, barely any community service

Johanne: yea, look at the title of the thread lol

Looks like the application pool is quite strong this year. I'm curious if I'll get an interview there. I am applying with a 3.1 B.S. GPA, a 4.0 Post-Bacc GPA (all science), 1.5 years in pharmacy, about 1 year in inpatient hospital, and 4 years as a Naval Officer. Pretty excited about MCPHS and getting back to living in Worcester. A fun place to live.

No problem. I know that we have to write a short essay prior to the actual interview. I got mail today saying to arrive 30 mins before the interview for this purpose.[/QUOTE

since i schedualed my date, i haven't recieved any mail. your GPA is very good plus you have tech license. Wish you the best and hopefully you will get in. I am sure you are in.
Good luck on your interview and essay.
look forward to hear back from you after interview.

Looks like the application pool is quite strong this year. I'm curious if I'll get an interview there. I am applying with a 3.1 B.S. GPA, a 4.0 Post-Bacc GPA (all science), 1.5 years in pharmacy, about 1 year in inpatient hospital, and 4 years as a Naval Officer. Pretty excited about MCPHS and getting back to living in Worcester. A fun place to live.

Yes, it certainly seems so. I Have a 3.3 GPA, B.S. in Biochem from top 70 nat'l university, 2+ yrs as pharm tech. And 3 LORs (1 from a member of the MCP Board of Trustees who is also best friends w/ the president of the university). Hoping I get an interview soon.

Did they send out mail or email for interview invitation?

I just received a letter saying that my application is on hold for my fall 2010 grades. Is that as bad as it sounds or do I still have a chance?

I got my interview invitation yesterday...will call on monday to schedule an interview...does anyone know what interview dates are available? also just wondering if anybody else flying from California?

Last edited:
I got my interview invitation yesterday...will call on monday to schedule an interview...does anyone know what interview dates are available? also just wondering if anybody else flying from California?

I just called this morning and I will be interviewing on November 6th and flying out there from California.

Last edited:
If any of you get in / decide to go to MCPHS, do you plan on dorming at the school or getting an apartment nearby? Is it your first choice?

For me, the answers are:
1) I'd rather do dorming at the school, because I'd like to be able to wake up as late as possible, seeing as I've been commuting to school since high school :laugh:. However, if its SUBSTANTIALLY cheaper I would definitely consider an apt.
2) Its my first choice.

Got an interview letter saturday. scheduled for October 19th. 20 yrs old. BS in BIO. GPAs are 3.65 PrePharm, 3.49 PharmCAS, and 3.53 overall. 2+ yrs pharmtech @cvs. lots of community service. 2nd yr applying. had interview last yr, got rejected bc of no bachelors completed yet. This school is awesome. only school with the 34 month thing. worcester is also cool. Definitely my first choice. hopefully the 2nd interview is a kill, this time around haha ...

id live in the dorms. way more convenient. were gona be in crazy debt anyway lol

had interview last yr, got rejected bc of no bachelors completed yet.

how long did that take from the date of the interview? When I called a week or two ago and asked if it was a week from the date of the interview (which I was told by someone from admissions a couple months ago), they said it could take two weeks. I know, not much of a difference, but I'm anxious.

also, how was the interview? I'm assuming that it cant be THAT bad, especially if you have had experience in a pharmacy, are not a social reject, and know what you are talking about. but when you said "hopefully the 2nd interview is a kill, this time around", it worries me a little haha

btw its good to know that I'm not the only 20 yr old lol

Last edited:
Is a noob question but since im already here might as well ask - is PCAT required for this school?

Is a noob question but since im already here might as well ask - is PCAT required for this school?

No, they don't require it.

Can everyone that's getting interviews post when they applied and when they got the invite? I'm trying to gauge approximately how long it takes from the time we e-submit PharmCAS and submit the supp. until we hear about an interview. Thanks!

I'll be living nearby. I spent 4 years at WPI so I know the city really well. WORCESTER ROCKS! Apts can be found for MUCH cheaper if you look in the right places. I have to say though that I have been spoiled in Virginia Beach Condos by the beach. Oh well...

If any of you get in / decide to go to MCPHS, do you plan on dorming at the school or getting an apartment nearby? Is it your first choice?

For me, the answers are:
1) I'd rather do dorming at the school, because I'd like to be able to wake up as late as possible, seeing as I've been commuting to school since high school :laugh:. However, if its SUBSTANTIALLY cheaper I would definitely consider an apt.
2) Its my first choice.

Im sorry I didnt mean it like that. (More of a thinking outloud to myself hopefully this application cycle will be my last) No, on the contrary, the interview is very nice. All of the faculty is very nice, and yeah as long as you know what youre talking about you will most likely get accepted, esp seeing the interviewed:accepted ratio. However, this school (even though not official) pretty much requires a bachelors degree to be completed before matriculation. thats pretty much the only catch with not needing the pcat. The advisor told me 90% of accepted students will or have BA/BS. anyway, other than that, just rock the interview and youre in. All questions asked are usual, nothing out of the blue. Why pharm, why MCPHS, explain any bad grades, etc. Extremely nice staff.

KB830: I had only 65 credits completed when I was interviewed last yr. the Advisor afterward told me they were borderline about my app to begin with and to just apply again in 2010. and it takes 1 week exactly to get the letter from the interview date.

hope this helps everyone. good luck to all. will post my results soon.

How long does it take Worcester to tell us if we are accepted or rejected after we go for an interview?
Also do they call us, email us , or inform us by regular mail?

Gotcha. I'm kind of an odd applicant. I will have all of the prerequisites done by the end of this semester. However, I am on track to graduate in the spring, which would be the end of my third year since I entered college. I currently have 91 credits, and will have 111 by the end of this semester. So I will, thankfully, be able to have a semester off before pharmacy school.