RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
I agree with everyone else, calling out numbers might be a good idea until you get a handle on what is going on, what is normal and how to react if something is not normal....

Also, never, ever, ever rely 100% on the monitoring machines... they may look nice and friendly and have all the values sitting there for you to just write down.. always monitor your patient... look at the patient.. are the gums pink? Is the patient actually breathing? Listen to their heart on occasion.. does it sound normal? The machines can continue to give you normal values even if the patient is not alive... (we had a nice training session when with the vet when we had to euth a patient on the table, one person signalled when the heart stopped and then we all watched the machines... it took the machines a good 20+ seconds to reflect what happened)... I don't mean to scare you with this; just be sure to actually monitor your patient and not the machines that your patient is hooked up to... it will make you feel more comfortable to see the patient's chest rising and falling and to hear the patient's heart for yourself as well. And if you are ever in doubt while monitoring, ask...

Members don't see this ad.

I agree with everyone else, calling out numbers might be a good idea until you get a handle on what is going on, what is normal and how to react if something is not normal....

Also, never, ever, ever rely 100% on the monitoring machines... they may look nice and friendly and have all the values sitting there for you to just write down.. always monitor your patient... look at the patient.. are the gums pink? Is the patient actually breathing? Listen to their heart on occasion.. does it sound normal? The machines can continue to give you normal values even if the patient is not alive... (we had a nice training session when with the vet when we had to euth a patient on the table, one person signalled when the heart stopped and then we all watched the machines... it took the machines a good 20+ seconds to reflect what happened)... I don't mean to scare you with this; just be sure to actually monitor your patient and not the machines that your patient is hooked up to... it will make you feel more comfortable to see the patient's chest rising and falling and to hear the patient's heart for yourself as well. And if you are ever in doubt while monitoring, ask...

:thumbup::thumbup:1000x yes!! I register what the machines are doing/saying....HOWEVER, I watch the patient the entire time because I will notice by visualization before the machines register it. There is no dumb question, ask them all..:)

Thanks for the support and advice guys.

The techs/vets were also totally okay with me just calling out whatever the bp was when I checked it every five minutes, because they knew I was not yet comfortable determining what was normal. They preferred to hear me say normal values out loud constantly, rather than risk missing something abnormal simply because I wasn't experienced enough to know what to look for.

The younger veterinarians actually require us to do this. Unfortunately, it's the older, grumpy vets (who are used to having the certified techs be able to handle everything perfectly during the daytime) that get ticked off when they have the added nuisance of worrying about the patient's anesthesia because their tech isn't a seasoned rockstar. By the time the afternoon techs come in (who are typically the uncertified college students) the vets are tired, pissed off, and don't want to hear us talking. I'm serious. I'm actually scared of them; I actually *feel bad* when I speak up during surgery--once, just prior to doing a middle of the night bloat, I pulled the doc aside, looked her in the eye and essentially said, "hey, I am going to be very uncomfortable during this procedure. I will need to ask you a lot of questions. I will need your guidance." She basically shrugged me off.... I guess what I'm saying is that I would feel significantly more comfortable if I didn't have to work with grumpy, condescending vets who expect me to have everything down to a T.

Also, never, ever, ever rely 100% on the monitoring machines... they may look nice and friendly and have all the values sitting there for you to just write down.. always monitor your patient... look at the patient.. are the gums pink? Is the patient actually breathing? Listen to their heart on occasion.. does it sound normal? The machines can continue to give you normal values even if the patient is not alive...

Yes. I'm pretty sure that our machines are *exceptionally* bad/outdated :laugh: The other techs have pounded this into my head. I check MM/CRT and HR obsessively. I've also heard that looking for blink is good technique to use, say, during dentals... You definitely don't want the patient too deep, but you obviously need them to be far enough gone so that they don't flip out. Yes? No?

Members don't see this ad :)
Yes. The other techs have pounded this into my head. I check MM/CRT and HR obsessively. I've also heard that looking for blink is good to use... Yes? No?

Yes... if an animal is blinking while under anaesthetic they could very well be too light... on the reverse, not blinking is harder when trying to gauge depth of anaesthetic.. you have to really look at everything then, such as position of eyes, HR, BP, RR, CO2 levels, O2 levels, etc, etc...

Yes... if an animal is blinking while under anaesthetic they could very well be too light... on the reverse, not blinking is harder when trying to gauge depth of anaesthetic.. you have to really look at everything then, such as position of eyes, HR, BP, RR, CO2 levels, O2 levels, etc, etc...

:thumbup::thumbup: DVMD is point on! :love:

I'm so sleep deprived.. My cat has decided it's totally ok to wake me every hour at night. And she does this by climbing onto my chest and then launching herself off using her back feet. So she basically hurdles me every night. This is night #3 she has decided this is okay. My chest hurts!! I try to sleep on my belly but then I somehow end up on my back and available for her to trample me. And it's the first day of spring break.. and I am in the lab trying to do experiments. I think I need lots of chocolate and ice cream.

Thanks for the support and advice guys.

The younger veterinarians actually require us to do this. Unfortunately, it's the older, grumpy vets (who are used to having the certified techs be able to handle everything perfectly during the daytime) that get ticked off when they have the added nuisance of worrying about the patient's anesthesia because their tech isn't a seasoned rockstar. By the time the afternoon techs come in (who are typically the uncertified college students) the vets are tired, pissed off, and don't want to hear us talking. I'm serious. I'm actually scared of them; I actually *feel bad* when I speak up during surgery--once, just prior to doing a middle of the night bloat, I pulled the doc aside, looked her in the eye and essentially said, "hey, I am going to be very uncomfortable during this procedure. I will need to ask you a lot of questions. I will need your guidance." She basically shrugged me off.... I guess what I'm saying is that I would feel significantly more comfortable if I didn't have to work with grumpy, condescending vets who expect me to have everything down to a T.

Yes. I'm pretty sure that our machines are *exceptionally* bad/outdated :laugh: The other techs have pounded this into my head. I check MM/CRT and HR obsessively. I've also heard that looking for blink is good technique to use, say, during dentals... You definitely don't want the patient too deep, but you obviously need them to be far enough gone so that they don't flip out. Yes? No?

kernel, I work at what I am assuming is the other ER vet in our lovely town ;) and was definitely in your boat when I was starting out. I actually didn't see a "real" emergency sx for the first 4 months I worked there and I was terrified that when the time rolled around I would have no idea what to do. We operate the same way in that it is just a tech and a vet on night shifts and while most of the doctors were great some really weren't the type that wanted to teach, or they expected that you should know everything already. Something that I found really helpful (and this will likely depend on if you have time in your schedule) is to be on call with one of the certified techs (perhaps one you like and is a good/willing teacher) for when a big surgery comes in. I did this a few times just to witness the flow of surgery for people that it was 2nd nature to and it definitely gave me the confidence I needed to know I could handle a 3am gdv without feeling overwhelmed about my lack of knowledge. If you ever want to get together to chat about things, PM me.

I don't know if this is a rant or an anxious word jumble, but I applied to a local clinic, even though they're looking for an RVT. I basically offered to volunteer and clean, assist where needed, etc. as doing this is how I was offered my other two jobs (one of which fell through when they decided they didn't need anymore volunteers) because they needed someone to pick up the slack until they found someone qualified and then ended up taking me on an assistant. The only reason I'm nervous about it is because I work with the practice manager at the dental clinic and I don't want her to think less of me! I feel like it could go either of two ways, positively because she knows my work ethic and my dental vet explicitly told her she should find a place for me in her clinic, but negatively because I applied to an RVT posting, even though they said that they prefer experience but you don't necessarily need experience. I'm just hoping that even if nothing comes of it, she doesn't start looking on me negatively. :(

Last edited:
It looks like I'm going to stay put this summer and continue working at my clinic. Needless to say, I'm feeling quite anxious.

I don't feel that I was properly trained (the same goes for many of the young vet assistants they hire--we are basically whisked through a check-list over the course of 2 days) and I've always felt really uncomfortable prepping for Sx and monitoring patients/anesthesia during the procedures. My last emergency surgery back in December was a nightmare; the patient died on the table... She was a very poor Sx candidate as it was, but I can't help but feel that my lack of experience/confidence was a contributing factor.

I always do my very best to communicate with the veterinarians, but that doesn't always make things easier. Anyway, what I'm getting at is that I'm wondering if you guys have any tips or good resources for learning about anesthesia. I've reached out to some of the other more knowledgeable/experienced techs, and I'm hoping that there will be some late-night shifts when it's just me and the vet I'm most comfortable with and I can go over this stuff with her.

Would just like to add: don't always trust the machine no matter how nice. I always watch the bag and check color of tongue and gums. If you are at all, even the teensiest bit concerned say something. Better to make a big deal out of nothing than let something pass you by.

Would just like to add: don't always trust the machine no matter how nice. I always watch the bag and check color of tongue and gums. If you are at all, even the teensiest bit concerned say something. Better to make a big deal out of nothing than let something pass you by.

It's funny. I was doing this naturally in between recording values and I had one tech get somewhat crabby with me saying that the machines would tell me if anything was wrong. Since then, it hasn't been an issue, but it's nice a bit to receive validation (even though two other techs told me on separate occasions that I was good to do this). :p

I don't know if this is a rant or an anxious word jumble, but I applied to a local clinic, even though they're looking for an RVT. I basically offered to volunteer and clean, assist where needed, etc. as doing this is how I was offered my other two jobs (one of which fell through when they decided they didn't need anymore volunteers) because they needed someone to pick up the slack until they found someone qualified and then ended up taking me on an assistant. The only reason I'm nervous about it is because I work with the practice manager at the dental clinic and I don't want her to think less of me! I feel like it could go either of two ways, positively because she knows my work ethic and my dental vet explicitly told her she should find a place for me in her clinic, but negatively because I applied to an RVT posting, even though they said that they prefer experience but you don't necessarily need experience. I'm just hoping that even if nothing comes of it, she doesn't start looking on me negatively. :(

Why do you think this negatively reflects you? Out of the three times I applied for positions I was minimally qualified for, I was hired at all of them. One even wanted a PhD and I only had a bachelors. Their job is to work out who they do and don't want. I would think it reflects positively on you for bring confident and putting yourself out there. I don't think there's anything to worry about.

Why do you think this negatively reflects you? Out of the three times I applied for positions I was minimally qualified for, I was hired at all of them. One even wanted a PhD and I only had a bachelors. Their job is to work out who they do and don't want. I would think it reflects positively on you for bring confident and putting yourself out there. I don't think there's anything to worry about.

I guess that's true. I was looking at it more like they asked for an RVT or someone with experience and I only have 3 months of it, and while that wouldn't bother me normally, I think the big issue is the person who will be helping review applications is someone I work with every other Saturday! I think that intimidated me. I feel a bit better after a nap and realising that if I get it, I get it and if I don't, I don't, and that's the end. I suppose the only other thing I'd be concerned about is my vet thinking I'm planning on leaving their practice, which I'm not, but I suppose that that's easily worked out. I only work there 3 days anyway (and two of those days are "every other" days), so I would guess she'd assume I'd be looking for work to fill the gaps. :p Thank you for the reassurance though. I'm a worrier and really need to learn not to be.

Members don't see this ad :)
kernel, I work at what I am assuming is the other ER vet in our lovely town ;) and was definitely in your boat when I was starting out. I actually didn't see a "real" emergency sx for the first 4 months I worked there and I was terrified that when the time rolled around I would have no idea what to do. We operate the same way in that it is just a tech and a vet on night shifts and while most of the doctors were great some really weren't the type that wanted to teach, or they expected that you should know everything already. Something that I found really helpful (and this will likely depend on if you have time in your schedule) is to be on call with one of the certified techs (perhaps one you like and is a good/willing teacher) for when a big surgery comes in. I did this a few times just to witness the flow of surgery for people that it was 2nd nature to and it definitely gave me the confidence I needed to know I could handle a 3am gdv without feeling overwhelmed about my lack of knowledge. If you ever want to get together to chat about things, PM me.

Hello from across the way :laugh: I've always had the impression that you guys have it a little more together than we do :cool:
I was just talking to one of our graveyard techs about being on call with her; unfortunately the experienced ones work the weekday shifts; us college kids get weekends. I'm not really up for pulling graves on weeknights because of the way my schedule is right now, so sadly it'll have to wait until break or even summer. It's funny because when I trained for swing (3:30-11:30) and graves with another tech, we didn't have a single emergency. Go figure!

Hello from across the way :laugh: I've always had the impression that you guys have it a little more together than we do :cool:
I was just talking to one of our graveyard techs about being on call with her; unfortunately the experienced ones work the weekday shifts; us college kids get weekends. I'm not really up for pulling graves on weeknights because of the way my schedule is right now, so sadly it'll have to wait until break or even summer. It's funny because when I trained for swing (3:30-11:30) and graves with another tech, we didn't have a single emergency. Go figure!

So goes the way of emergency medicine I suppose, totally unpredictable like that :rolleyes: Not sure what your school schedule is like, but since you guys actually have a functioning day practice I would see if you could try coming in to shadow a scheduled sx. I don't know any of your doctors there, but maybe you could find something over spring break with one of the better techs and one of the nicer docs. The doctors at my place have been great from the start but I have noticed that once I got my acceptance a couple of them stopped treating me like a tech (read: grunt) and more like someone who taking the time to teach had some greater value to the vet med community (which I honestly think is kinda bizarre because educated, competent techs really make for the best possible patient care). I realize that some people are just not born teachers (maybe because the don't have the knack for it, the patience for it, or find it beneficial to their work environment) but my point being is that maybe since you've received your acceptance someone at your clinic might find some fulfillment in showing you the ropes. If you are anything like me, learning by doing has definitely provided the biggest advantage and I feel very fortunate to have people that willfully guided me through it. I'll admit that every time a patient goes under a part of me feels a tinge of nerves but that is greatly relieved by feeling comfortable with what falls within your control and what does not (ie. the general risk of sx/anesthesia). I think you'll be great and successful, being aware of our limitations is huge, I think the ticket is just finding someone willing to show you. If the tech who taught me everything I know was still at our clinic I'd suggest you come by some time, but I can chat with my supervisor this week and see if you coming in to shadow a surgery would be doable (the crux of ER med is...who knows when that will be that is a good time..) if you'd be interested? We've got a few really good docs who are great teachers. :)

Last edited:
I think I may have lost the pre-order bonuses for my copy of Bioshock Infinite. Apparently the code that says I got them was supposed to be put in INSTEAD of the code on the back of the manual. Maybe if I uninstall and reinstall I can use the right code? I will have time to do that because despite getting it today when it came out I can't play it until summer. :mad: [/video game rant]

Since we're talking about anesthesia monitoring, I just wanted to leave this here in case it's helpful to anyone:

http://www.ruralareavet.org/PDF/Anesthesia-Anesthesia_Basics.pdf
http://www.ruralareavet.org/PDF/Anesthesia-Patient_Monitoring.pdf
http://www.ruralareavet.org/PDF/Anesthesia-Responding_to_Complications.pdf

I stumbled upon it a few months ago when I was preparing myself to cover a week-day (surgery) shift for a co-worker.

Wow, thank you! I will definitely be reading through these before tomorrow (my first full day at work). :thumbup:

I think I may have lost the pre-order bonuses for my copy of Bioshock Infinite. Apparently the code that says I got them was supposed to be put in INSTEAD of the code on the back of the manual. Maybe if I uninstall and reinstall I can use the right code? I will have time to do that because despite getting it today when it came out I can't play it until summer. :mad: [/video game rant]

Is it through Steam? If so, just contact their customer support, they're usually awesome.

ARGGGGHH!!

So my husband and I go to San Diego ComicCon every year. He's in entertainment and gets himself +1 in for free. It's basically our favorite thing ever and we look forward to it every year. Well this year we can't go, because we're moving to Philly in June and can't afford to fly across country 3 weeks later just for ComicCon. So we made plans to go to WonderCon this weekend. It's just a smaller convention, and will totally make it better that we can't make it to SDCC. I also found out today that my favorite artist ever will be there. My husband gets in for free, but doesn't get a +1 for this convention. A few days ago he told me that he would buy my ticket and to not worry about it, since I am swamped at work.

Tonight I notice that Saturday (the ONLY day I can make it) badges are sold out. I can't get ahold of my husband (he's 3 hours away and gets up a 3am for work, so he's sleeping) to make sure he bought mine. So I check our bank account. And nope. He didn't buy my badge.

I am SO annoyed right now. :mad: No WonderCon for me :(

ARGGGGHH!!

So my husband and I go to San Diego ComicCon every year. He's in entertainment and gets himself +1 in for free. It's basically our favorite thing ever and we look forward to it every year. Well this year we can't go, because we're moving to Philly in June and can't afford to fly across country 3 weeks later just for ComicCon. So we made plans to go to WonderCon this weekend. It's just a smaller convention, and will totally make it better that we can't make it to SDCC. I also found out today that my favorite artist ever will be there. My husband gets in for free, but doesn't get a +1 for this convention. A few days ago he told me that he would buy my ticket and to not worry about it, since I am swamped at work.

Tonight I notice that Saturday (the ONLY day I can make it) badges are sold out. I can't get ahold of my husband (he's 3 hours away and gets up a 3am for work, so he's sleeping) to make sure he bought mine. So I check our bank account. And nope. He didn't buy my badge.

I am SO annoyed right now. :mad: No WonderCon for me :(

Can you post on Craigslist or on Facebook to see if someone has a badge they want to sell?

Internet is down at our place. I get to the library first thing this morning to finish a midterm paper (I started it late...my fault, but in my defense I was sick all weekend and didn't have the strength or focus to start writing...IN ANOTHER LANGUAGE :rolleyes:) and of course there is construction going on outside.

:mad::mad::mad::mad:

Since we're talking about anesthesia monitoring, I just wanted to leave this here in case it's helpful to anyone:

I stumbled upon it a few months ago when I was preparing myself to cover a week-day (surgery) shift for a co-worker.

Wonderful, thank you! *right click, save.*

So goes the way of emergency medicine I suppose, totally unpredictable like that :rolleyes: Not sure what your school schedule is like, but since you guys actually have a functioning day practice I would see if you could try coming in to shadow a scheduled sx. I don't know any of your doctors there, but maybe you could find something over spring break with one of the better techs and one of the nicer docs. The doctors at my place have been great from the start but I have noticed that once I got my acceptance a couple of them stopped treating me like a tech (read: grunt) and more like someone who taking the time to teach had some greater value to the vet med community (which I honestly think is kinda bizarre because educated, competent techs really make for the best possible patient care). I realize that some people are just not born teachers (maybe because the don't have the knack for it, the patience for it, or find it beneficial to their work environment) but my point being is that maybe since you've received your acceptance someone at your clinic might find some fulfillment in showing you the ropes. If you are anything like me, learning by doing has definitely provided the biggest advantage and I feel very fortunate to have people that willfully guided me through it. I'll admit that every time a patient goes under a part of me feels a tinge of nerves but that is greatly relieved by feeling comfortable with what falls within your control and what does not (ie. the general risk of sx/anesthesia). I think you'll be great and successful, being aware of our limitations is huge, I think the ticket is just finding someone willing to show you. If the tech who taught me everything I know was still at our clinic I'd suggest you come by some time, but I can chat with my supervisor this week and see if you coming in to shadow a surgery would be doable (the crux of ER med is...who knows when that will be that is a good time..) if you'd be interested? We've got a few really good docs who are great teachers. :)

Sigh. Thank you for being so generous. At the risk of sounding like I'm chock full of excuses, I really am in wayyy over my head this semester. I'm literally taking more classes than I can handle--I can't feasibly come to class and get all my work done week to week, so I've basically been reduced to devising a rotating schedule for skipping classes :oops::(. I hadn't been working this semester up until last weekend; from now on I will work occasional weekend shifts while I try to maintain a relatively consistent shadowing schedule with another mobile LA vet. It's only gonna get worse! Ack, enough with my whining; my point is that I really, really appreciate your offer, but I've literally got no time to spare... I try to divide what little remaining minutes I can scrape together during the week between my dog, my boyfriend, and getting some form of physical exercise.

That said, I have high hopes for this summer. I will be working roughly 25 hours a week and there's a good chance that many of my shifts will be during (the crazy) regular business hours--which are the ones I need to get more comfortable with since Sx is so fast paced. If I can't get some re-training before the tidal wave of June shifts hits, I would love to take you up on your offer. Thanks again, runswithdogs.

So far my prof is 20 minutes over time and is still talking :mad:+pissed+:poke::beat::mad:

My school is really having trouble figuring out how to classify my extramural experience with an avian vet, and it's a little frustrating. It's private practice, so more like our small animal med, but it's only birds, so sort of under zoo med. grr.

This is excellent!! Thank you so much!

Why doesn't anyone reply to emails or phone calls any more? Seriously, has there been some change of etiquette that I'm not aware of? I didn't realize common courtesy was a thing of the past now. :mad:

Sigh. Thank you for being so generous. At the risk of sounding like I'm chock full of excuses, I really am in wayyy over my head this semester. I'm literally taking more classes than I can handle--I can't feasibly come to class and get all my work done week to week, so I've basically been reduced to devising a rotating schedule for skipping classes :oops::(. I hadn't been working this semester up until last weekend; from now on I will work occasional weekend shifts while I try to maintain a relatively consistent shadowing schedule with another mobile LA vet. It's only gonna get worse! Ack, enough with my whining; my point is that I really, really appreciate your offer, but I've literally got no time to spare... I try to divide what little remaining minutes I can scrape together during the week between my dog, my boyfriend, and getting some form of physical exercise.

That said, I have high hopes for this summer. I will be working roughly 25 hours a week and there's a good chance that many of my shifts will be during (the crazy) regular business hours--which are the ones I need to get more comfortable with since Sx is so fast paced. If I can't get some re-training before the tidal wave of June shifts hits, I would love to take you up on your offer. Thanks again, runswithdogs.

You're more than welcome. Keep me in the loop and go easy on yourself. I definitely don't envy your school situation, sounds miserable. :( For what it's worth, I think you'll be just fine by the time the crazy season starts. I swear as soon as the nice weather hits here, everyone seems to let their dog off the leash to go play in traffic, what gives!?

I'm fuming mad and I even gave myself a day to sit on it before I said anything.

yesterday I had a bite wound repair. I've done these many times and am comfortable with them. I had the dog under anesthesia and had started flushing and debriding. Other doctor comes by and its clear that even though he's supposed to be going to lunch he's hanging around. he asks if I need help, I say no. he starts to offer his opinions, I say I've got it. He takes it upon himself to glove in without me asking and starts cutting on my patient.

I'm fuming mad and I even gave myself a day to sit on it before I said anything.

yesterday I had a bite wound repair. I've done these many times and am comfortable with them. I had the dog under anesthesia and had started flushing and debriding. Other doctor comes by and its clear that even though he's supposed to be going to lunch he's hanging around. he asks if I need help, I say no. he starts to offer his opinions, I say I've got it. He takes it upon himself to glove in without me asking and starts cutting on my patient.

That's totally unacceptable. I had a clinician do that to me on one of my spays and it pissed me off because I was doing just fine and needed/wanted the practice of doing it myself. He said he just wanted to show me a trick he had at finding the uterine horn. He ended up doing half the spay while I just stood there saying "I would like to do this myself." I can't imagine being in a practice and having a colleague do that to me. I hope you said something to him.

That's totally unacceptable. I had a clinician do that to me on one of my spays and it pissed me off because I was doing just fine and needed/wanted the practice of doing it myself. He said he just wanted to show me a trick he had at finding the uterine horn. He ended up doing half the spay while I just stood there saying "I would like to do this myself." I can't imagine being in a practice and having a colleague do that to me. I hope you said something to him.

he doesn't respond well to confrontation - and when I do I get "it's fine, doc." or "it's ok, doc".

He oversteps A LOT. Usually he tries to take my clients and changes them to his clients. but this is really the last straw of what I can handle. I feel myself burning out because of this kind of thing. I just don't have the energy to confront him AND be a vet at the same time.

no words. :SMH:

That would make my blood boil.

Sigh. Friend of mine in PA school just texted me to tell me how she "learned from a nephrologist today that dogs spleen can kick out blood volume to correct for hypotension."

After mumbling back something about splenic contraction, I tried to play nice and said "Humans don't do the same thing?" (We don't. At least, not to a significant degree. But I figured I'd let her tell me.)

To which I received: "No, silly, we have a renin angiotensin - aldosterone system instead. But it's neat that animals do it differently."

Sigh.

I give up.

Sigh. Friend of mine in PA school just texted me to tell me how she "learned from a nephrologist today that dogs spleen can kick out blood volume to correct for hypotension."

After mumbling back something about splenic contraction, I tried to play nice and said "Humans don't do the same thing?" (We don't. At least, not to a significant degree. But I figured I'd let her tell me.)

To which I received: "No, silly, we have a renin angiotensin - aldosterone system instead. But it's neat that animals do it differently."

Sigh.

I give up.
........:rolleyes:

Sigh.

I give up.

Next you should tell her about the horse :laugh:

Sigh.

I give up.

But, I spent like hours figuring out this renin angiotensin - aldosterone thing.. are you telling me that I won't need this information?

I've been having a few car issues. Thought they were fixed... Found out the hard way when I rear-ended a brand new BMW that they weren't. FML, really.

The cam shaft sensor went bad and my car decided to be all jerky when fast moving traffic decided to slow down.

So yay for that. :rolleyes:

Sent from my DROID RAZR using SDN Mobile

I've been having a few car issues. Thought they were fixed... Found out the hard way when I rear-ended a brand new BMW that they weren't. FML, really.

The cam shaft sensor went bad and my car decided to be all jerky when fast moving traffic decided to slow down.

:thumbdown: Car troubles suck.

1st Rant: Today is going by soooooo slowwwwww. It needs to be Easter break already!!!!!!! :(

2nd Rant: The office is open on Monday. Which is totally lame.

my roommate is being annoying, they cancelled one of our 2 SCUBA cert trips for the weekend, and there is no way our complex pool is going to be done by the end of the day for the 4 day weekend. i'm particularly irritated with that because about 80% of the time spent working on this pool has been lazing around doing nothing. it was supposed to be done a month ago. :mad:

:thumbdown: Car troubles suck.

Rear-ending people sucks. I'm so sorry! I've done it...

Oh man, I'm sorry jams. You're ok?

I feel inadequate today ... just one of those days :shrug:

Experiment I spent spring break doing gave me results that are not interpretable. Time to repeat....Science, why won't you work with me???? :bang:

Apparently I'm "aimless" because I'm bored and not content to sit in bed staring at a computer screen all day. And I'm a praying mantis just waiting to bite someone's head off. And I'm uninteresting.

BF is just chock full of compliments tonight. :mad: