RANT HERE thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
French bread? Fresh sea food? Tell me there's good wine too and I'm there ;)

theres plenty of wine here for sure, but the island business is rum :smuggrin:

Members don't see this ad.

A few weeks ago we had a big group of people so we put our name in at the ale house and I grabbed my friend (who loves their rolls too) and said, "hey, we should...uh...go check next door (TR) and see how long their wait is :smuggrin:"
So we went over, put in our name, asked if we could buy a few rolls, and the hostess gave us a basket EACH of rolls no charge. We ate them, our table next door became available, and we peaced out :ninja:

I approve of this. This is awesome!

I had a few for you :oops:

:love:

Members don't see this ad :)
I cannot stop sneezing! I really don't want an allergy pill because they make me so dehydrated.

I am starting to think I have ADD... seriously. I can't even watch an hour long movie in an hour, it takes me 3 or 4 hours because I am constantly getting distracted and doing other random stuff. And this is starting to get very frustrating. :annoyed:

Ugh. Nothing was done while I was gone and the medical area is a completely unstocked, unorganized mess. Ugh!

Ugh. Nothing was done while I was gone and the medical area is a completely unstocked, unorganized mess. Ugh!

I hate this!!! And it happens about 90% of the time when I leave for the night and come back 11 hours later. Or even when I just go to break. :(

Nope. Apparently he doesn't think we can do long distance, and he broke up with me. And apparently he's known for a couple of days but just kept acting like things were okay because he hadn't gotten up the courage yet. And that's not okay because I was trusting him to tell me as soon as he knew--he led me on and he didn't even see it that way until I pointed it out.

All I can think of are all the things we'll never do, especially the things we would have done in the next few days. I just want to fly home already and not deal with graduation.

Now all I have to look forward to next year is the misery of vet school.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

Nope. Apparently he doesn't think we can do long distance, and he broke up with me. And apparently he's known for a couple of days but just kept acting like things were okay because he hadn't gotten up the courage yet. And that's not okay because I was trusting him to tell me as soon as he knew--he led me on and he didn't even see it that way until I pointed it out.

All I can think of are all the things we'll never do, especially the things we would have done in the next few days. I just want to fly home already and not deal with graduation.

Now all I have to look forward to next year is the misery of vet school.

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

If someone is not willing to do long distance with you, they aren't worth it. Relationships are not for the weak. Try to consider the break up a good thing. If he left over something like this, he probably wouldnt do very well when stuff really started to hit the fan.

If someone is not willing to do long distance with you, they aren't worth it. Relationships are not for the weak. Try to consider the break up a good thing. If he left over something like this, he probably wouldnt do very well when stuff really started to hit the fan.
Love this. So true.

Members don't see this ad :)
I don't know exactly what the news story was about because it was one of those drama-filled commercials for it on the radio. BUT, it was talking about a dog who died from parvo even though it had been vaccinated and the owner's talking about someone just wanting money, and calling it "are you playing roullette with your dog's life?" I got so angry because no vaccine is 100% and we tell the clients this. Now we're going to have pissed off owners complaining that our vaccines won't save their dogs and blah blah blah. I hate the news.

I don't know exactly what the news story was about because it was one of those drama-filled commercials for it on the radio. BUT, it was talking about a dog who died from parvo even though it had been vaccinated and the owner's talking about someone just wanting money, and calling it "are you playing roullette with your dog's life?" I got so angry because no vaccine is 100% and we tell the clients this. Now we're going to have pissed off owners complaining that our vaccines won't save their dogs and blah blah blah. I hate the news.

People get scary when they don't understand vaccines. I had a customer (I'm a server) come in once and start talking about how the flu vaccine gave her infant daughter the flu and diabetes. Her line of reasoning was that she got the vaccine, immediately got sick, and then the second round of vaccine (since it's broken up into 2 doses for infants, I guess) made her even more sick and they found out she had diabetes while they were treating her in the hospital.

As a customer service employee, all I could do was *offer* the *possibility* that maybe she had an allergic reaction to the vaccine, and *maybe* she already had diabetes which was only detected because they were running blood tests. But nope! Her response: I'm her mother, and I know what happened. She was healthy and didn't have diabetes, then she had the flu vaccine and got the flu and diabetes right after.

:whoa:

I am made of unhealthy bodily tissues.....

had an ER appendectomy the beginning of study week for finals

have 2 ovarian cysts which do not go away

have chronic pain in my hip which the doctors here cannot seem to diagnose

now have an infection in one of my incisions from surgery which if it does not heal correctly could lead to a hernia

also have throat infection from intubation tube

just waiting for something else to fall apart........

:laugh:

now have an infection in one of my incisions from surgery which if it does not heal correctly could lead to a hernia

Oh wow :laugh: I am made of the same faulty tissue my friend. All we can do is laugh. :D
Sorry ALL that ^ is happening at once. Hope you start to feel better! What a mess!

This makes me think of that lady who broke her ankle hiking in Sketchers Shape-Ups and is now suing Sketchers.

People always want to blame others rather than take any responsibility :mad:

This makes me think of that lady who broke her ankle hiking in Sketchers Shape-Ups and is now suing Sketchers.

People always want to blame others rather than take any responsibility :mad:

Yeah, but you just hear about one case every once in a while. Most people don't do this, do take responsibility. It's just that stupid people like to be loud.

Yes! My memory foam bed has spoiled me and by crappy back for sure.

What kind of mattress? We are planning to get a Tempurpedic when we move...

most current one is the sleep to live mattress...got it at sleepys I think. You lie down and they calculate which mattress is best for you.

Also it is a king, which really helps when 3 critters sleep with you!

We have a Tempurpedic :love: ... seriously cannot sleep anywhere else like SOV said

What kind of mattress? We are planning to get a Tempurpedic when we move...

Personally I wasn't a fan of the tempurpedic beds. Usually either people love those or hate them. Not much in between.

If you like it, go for it.

Personally I wasn't a fan of the tempurpedic beds. Usually either people love those or hate them. Not much in between.

If you like it, go for it.

They definitely take a little getting used to. The only thing I DON'T like about it is it's so dense that I occasionally get hot at night.

My grandma is in the hospital with a pulmonary embolus :(

And my 10 year old dog has been vomiting on and off for about six weeks. He's always had a sensitive stomach, but it's gotten a lot worse as he's gotten older. He's seeing internal medicine today. I hope it's nothing serious :(

And the kitten is probably going to need a dental in addition to the on again/off again diarrhea. Possible stomatitis or maybe just juvenile periodontitis. And may need an endoscopy.

OY!

And my 10 year old dog has been vomiting on and off for about six weeks. He's always had a sensitive stomach, but it's gotten a lot worse as he's gotten older. He's seeing internal medicine today. I hope it's nothing serious :(

And the kitten is probably going to need a dental in addition to the on again/off again diarrhea. Possible stomatitis or maybe just juvenile periodontitis. And may need an endoscopy.

OY!

Sorry to read about all your troubles :(

My rant:
My three hour online final kicked me off twice, and then the darn fire alarm went off for 7 minutes. What the heck? :mad:

Hope your grandma does well, NStarz.

My rant is minor. My brother is ranting on FB about the abercrombie and fitch B.S. that why should anyone care, people need to get thinner, and he's been discriminated as a smoker so why is it any different. I just wanna smash my head into a wall.

Hope your grandma does well, NStarz.

My rant is minor. My brother is ranting on FB about the abercrombie and fitch B.S. that why should anyone care, people need to get thinner, and he's been discriminated as a smoker so why is it any different. I just wanna smash my head into a wall.

One of my FB friends today was saying that she hates the whole "fit is the new skinny" thing bc everyone knows that skinny can never be replaced :rolleyes:

It's threatening to her figure that she starves herself and gets plastic surgery for I guess. People like her are why we have anorexic women trying to look like skeletons because its "what people find attractive." I wanted to punch her today. People who work out and have fit bodies look insanely better than her. She can just get over it. Ugh.

Sorry to hear about you grandma nstarz, sending well wishes her way.

My rants: I was talking to my mom yesterday and my grandma's dementia is getting really bad. There is a good chance she won't even remember who I am in the next few months. My mom said that when they were in California this past weekend on a mini vacation that my grandma kept seeing things ( she has been having hallucinations for a while now), then she asked my dad around 20 times where they were meeting up with my aunt and they had to keep telling her that my aunt was in the car with them and they weren't meeting her anywhere. Then they passed a sign for Calexico on the way home and my grandma was convinced they were going to Mexico even though my dad told her numerous times they were going home, she even told my mom that she thought my dad was lying and won't tell her where he is taking her... She also couldn't recall who my sister was just by name. :(

Second rant: can't sleep, again. Just get bad flashbacks when I close my eyes.

It's really tough to watch a family member's dementia get worse. I'm sorry DVMD. :( My grandma is currently in a home for it. When they become increasingly suspicious and no longer trust what you're saying, it is so hard.

One of my FB friends today was saying that she hates the whole "fit is the new skinny" thing bc everyone knows that skinny can never be replaced :rolleyes:

It's threatening to her figure that she starves herself and gets plastic surgery for I guess. People like her are why we have anorexic women trying to look like skeletons because its "what people find attractive." I wanted to punch her today. People who work out and have fit bodies look insanely better than her. She can just get over it. Ugh.

they are just unwilling to admit someone could be over a size 10 and fit.

Different hospital next time? :uhno:

:(
And here I was complaining about having cold + migraine.

First world whine: Got to the gym by 6:30 this morning. Both squat racks were still already being used. What's the point of hauling my butt out of bed that early if I have to wait anyway!? :thumbdown:

Driving two hours this morning to go help my bf move out of his dorm, then another two hours to bring all his stuff to his mom's house. That normally wouldn't be a rant, except that he posted on Facebook at 3am this morning that he was "procrastinating on packing".

His classes ended 5 days ago and all he's done is sit in his room or his friend's room on the internet. All day. Every day. For five days.

I get that the internet is awesome and all, and I definitely spend a lot of time on it. But if the only time you look away from your computer is for meals (and even the he's on his smartphone), that's pretty pathetic.

I'm going to get there and he'll have nothing packed and probably won't even be out of bed yet. :bang:

"I'll be there between 9-10am," great so I can go to work after you show up.

It is now past 11am and still not here. Thanks for screwing up my day.

And this is for someone to come fix water damage and paint, which is already annoying to begin with.

Roach :scared: suitcase :scared:
Chopped off that devil baby's HEAD, had it in my hand in toilet paper as his body is RUNNING AROUND!!!! RUNNING!!!
I flushed him down the toilet. He'll probably breathe through his wings, swim down to hell, get a new head, come back and crawl into my mouth or drink my eye juice.
They're trying to trap me here to eat me by putting martyrs in my suitcase so I can't pack and leave. I'd like to die now please. I want out of this life.

Driving two hours this morning to go help my bf move out of his dorm, then another two hours to bring all his stuff to his mom's house. That normally wouldn't be a rant, except that he posted on Facebook at 3am this morning that he was "procrastinating on packing".

His classes ended 5 days ago and all he's done is sit in his room or his friend's room on the internet. All day. Every day. For five days.

I get that the internet is awesome and all, and I definitely spend a lot of time on it. But if the only time you look away from your computer is for meals (and even the he's on his smartphone), that's pretty pathetic.

I'm going to get there and he'll have nothing packed and probably won't even be out of bed yet. :bang:

I would flip out. Seriously. My SO likes to play counterstrike a lot and lately it has been pissing me off. I come home and he's been playing all day and there's dishes and laundry everywhere. I feel your pain. Ugh.

Chopped off that devil baby's HEAD, had it in my hand in toilet paper as his body is RUNNING AROUND!!!! RUNNING!!!
I flushed him down the toilet. He'll probably breathe through his wings, swim down to hell, get a new head, come back and crawl into my mouth or drink my eye juice.
They're trying to trap me here to eat me by putting martyrs in my suitcase so I can't pack and leave. I'd like to die now please. I want out of this life.

I HATE THEM. HATE THEM SO MUCH. One of the main reasons that florida sucks so much is those devil spawns.

My rant of the day: Work. Conducting work interviews the past few days addn every single one of them were surprised how much cleaning I do, because the medical supervisor said that its not a lot of cleaning. Uhm. What? The majority of my day is spent cleaning along with everything else. Idk why medical supervisor would say that. I don't mind the cleaning that I do but if people aren't getting what they signed up for, no one is going to want the job and I will be left at the end of the month with just me and the other assistant who couldn't care less.

But what else is new? Sigh.

Which is one of the reasons they are so awesome!! I mean, how cool is it that each segment in the body has a mini ganglion which allows it to retain motor function without having a head???

My rant of the day: Work. Conducting work interviews the past few days addn every single one of them were surprised how much cleaning I do, because the medical supervisor said that its not a lot of cleaning. Uhm. What? The majority of my day is spent cleaning along with everything else. Idk why medical supervisor would say that. I don't mind the cleaning that I do but if people aren't getting what they signed up for, no one is going to want the job and I will be left at the end of the month with just me and the other assistant who couldn't care less.

My old clinic used to do this with kennel techs they interviewed. One girl was hired on and a few days later when asked to clean the restrooms said 'I don't clean toilets'. She didn't last long.

My old clinic used to do this with kennel techs they interviewed. One girl was hired on and a few days later when asked to clean the restrooms said 'I don't clean toilets'. She didn't last long.

This is a constant struggle at my clinic... the techs are expected to clean the entire place and as someone who is there more for the animal/vet experience than I am for the paycheck it's a little frustrating. I hate cleaning. Especially when you've been wrestling with dogs and cats for 8 hours and then get to look forward to sweeping and mopping 1500 square feet. One of the many reasons I could never be a tech as a career... :p

This is a constant struggle at my clinic... the techs are expected to clean the entire place and as someone who is there more for the animal/vet experience than I am for the paycheck it's a little frustrating. I hate cleaning. Especially when you've been wrestling with dogs and cats for 8 hours and then get to look forward to sweeping and mopping 1500 square feet. One of the many reasons I could never be a tech as a career... :p

I love cleaning and organizing. Like, seriously. A place for everything and everything in its place. I love all of my techs but OMG they can be straight up tornadoes that roll through room by room. I would be scared to see how some of them live. Not all techs clean.

I love cleaning and organizing. Like, seriously. A place for everything and everything in its place. I love all of my techs but OMG they can be straight up tornadoes that roll through room by room. I would be scared to see how some of them live. Not all techs clean.

man, you would fit in so well where we are. No one likes to clean the hospital. At all. As in there were footprints on the walls until recently.

Additional rant: stopped by my apartment before going to help bf move. Maintenance came into my apartment 2 weeks ago to fix my dripping shower head. They cranked up my heat as high as it would go (75 degrees!) for no apparent reason, and left the front door unlocked. So for two weeks, anyone could have just walked into my apartment (fortunately nothing seems to be missing) and there's now mildew growing in my bathroom because it's been kept at rainforest temperatures for two weeks. And my electric bill is going to be astronomical. :boom:

Rant 1: It's baby season at the wildlife rehab finally, because the weather is nice. So of course now that the weather is nice, all the volunteers are calling in "sick." When you have 10+ baby birds needing to be fed and cleaned every half-hour, plus a bajillion newborn cottontails and grey squirrels, plus assorted larger animals, calling in sick could mean animals die. :mad: I'm still writing final essays, or I would have stayed until midnight last night, but I need to pass these classes so I can graduate.

Rant 2: My 4.0 might be marred by my final Calculus grade--I'm less than 1% away from an A. :scared: I emailed my professor to see if there's anything he can do for me; I've been so involved in math-related extracurriculars (president of Math Club, organized other math-related lectures and events throughout the school year) that I didn't have spare time to glut myself on practice problems for the final like I would've liked to do. I'm so bummed that my 4.0 could disappear because I was TOO involved in math stuff.

That sucks... sorry NStarz :(

Different hospital next time? :uhno:

:(
And here I was complaining about having cold + migraine.

Sadly not really possible... only 2 hospitals in the city and kind of in a country where health care is done differently so you just deal with it... and all surgeries have risks....

man, you would fit in so well where we are. No one likes to clean the hospital. At all. As in there were footprints on the walls until recently.

Wow. That would not fly at my hospital. We are very strict on cleaning.