Ecu

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

cookie13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anyone hear back from ECU?

Members don't see this ad.

I got a interview invitation along with secondary apps from them yesterday !

I also got an interview invite yesterday

Members don't see this ad :)
I also got a secondary app and interview invite yesterday.

Yesterday I received a secondary app, then another email saying I've been put on hold until they received my DAT scores. I take the DAT Monday (dun dun dun).

I got an interview and supp email last week. When are you all interviewing, I'm scheduled for 10/5

I received my suppplemental application last week and another email saying my application was on hold because of a mistake on my AADSAS grades. Getting that taken care of this afternoon.

Are they screening for supplemental application other than verification of residency status?

Hey guys. Sorry to be stupid but I had a quick question for the people who got interviews. I just received my email for the supplemental app today. I didn't submit my AADSAS until July 31 so that seemed like a pretty quick turn around. Just wondering if you completed the supplemental first and then heard back or if you got the interview based off AADSAS alone. Thanks again and congrats!

No... actually they sent out the email for the supplemental the same day they sent out the email for the interview

One more thing. According to AADSAS, my application won't me mailed until this Friday, August 13th. Having said that, how the heck did ECU already know about me and send the supplemental? Could it be based off my DAT scores (I took the DAT about 2.5 weeks ago)?

Members don't see this ad :)
Interviewing October 13th here. Just gotta finish that supplemental now and finish studying for my retake

Hey guys. First and foremost, congrats to all who have gotten interviews and secondary apps. I have submitted my secondary app and received an e mail stating my application is on hold until they receive my DAT scores. I take my DAT in a week and am nervous about it. I was just wondering what those who have gotten interviews scored overall. Also, how many are ECU graduates? I would really appreciate the feedback. Thanks and good luck to everyone.

EG1001: First, good luck on the DAT, don't sweat it, just do your best:thumbup:. You can check out my predents.com profile, but for a summary, I have a 2.8uGPA, 4.0gGPA and 19/19 on the DAT. Nothing impressive, is your application complete at UNC as well (minus the DAT obviously?)

jmt1984, Thank you for your response. I greatly appreciate it. And yes, my application is complete minus the DAT at Chapel Hill as well. I am a ECU graduate so I am hoping to gain admission there...I just started freaking out because I have been reading quite a few forums and it seems to me everyone is scoring 21+, which according to my Kaplan book is in the 90th percentile. I am rather intelligent but for some reason I do not perform to my potential on standardized test. I am praying that I do well and gain admission somewhere at the least. I presume you have also applied at to both in state schools? Have you heard back from either? I wish you the best of luck in you endeavors and would appreciate anymore comments you or anyone else would like to add. Thanks again.

EG1001: Yes, I've applied to both schools in NC (and are the only ones I've applied too). My AADSAS status says they were complete on 8/6, but I submitted my secondaries a couple weeks after that, but ECU had a really fast turn-around and I found out about an interview for Nov. 2nd.

I think that Nov 6th is the last pre-dec interview at UNC, so I hopefully hear from them in a couple weeks.

Regarding the academic accomplishments of the members of this forum, yes it is rather humbling to be merely be in the 70th or 80th percentile, but every person offers something very different. If I can land an interview, I'm sure just about anyone can. Good luck!:thumbup:

EG1001-Yes, the stats you'll find on SDN are definitely higher than average. It is my understanding that by definition the DAT is designed to have an average score of 17, and an AA of 19 is generally the average for accepted applicants nationwide. If you have an above average gpa (above 3.4/3.5) then an 18 or 19 will do just fine; if you have a below average gpa then I'd shoot for a 19/20. But at this point just build your confidence in what you know, tell yourself you're going to kickass, and go do it. If you've put the time in studying you'll do just fine. I was consistently getting 17 and 18 AA's on practice tests the week before my test date, and ended up with a 20AA because I stayed positive and refused to let myself get overwhelmed and freak out. Best of luck to you!

jmt-congrats on the ecu interview. I'm in the same boat as you, patiently (by patiently i mean sweating bullets) waiting to hear from UNC about an interview, while I already have one scheduled for nov 2nd at ECU as well. Congrats and I look forward to meeting you then!

I'm in the same boat as you, patiently (by patiently i mean sweating bullets) waiting to hear from UNC about an interview, while I already have one scheduled for nov 2nd at ECU as well. Congrats and I look forward to meeting you then!

Yeah, I hear you about being patient. Nov 2nd will come soon enough though; it will be cool to meet you at ECU, looking forward to it.:thumbup:

Thanks again for everyones responses. I do appreciate the confidence boosters. I have also been consistently scoring 17+ on my practice exams so if things work out the way you described, I should be okay... Good luck to everyone and I will keep checking the forum for further input and comments.

Just wondering if any that had interviews this week at ecu had any feedback/tips/pointers about the interview process..any advice would be much appreciated!