Managing & Budgeting Personal Finances in Medical School.

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

MedicalMan14

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Can anyone share any ideas for resources one might use to manage personal finances/loans in medical school? I prefer management via excel spreadsheets, but at this point -Medical School being 1 year in the future- I am looking for all viable options and will compare and contrast which option will work best for me.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Can anyone share any ideas for resources one might use to manage personal finances/loans in medical school? I prefer management via excel spreadsheets, but at this point -Medical School being 1 year in the future- I am looking for all viable options and will compare and contrast which option will work best for me.

Not sure if this is what you're looking for, but my husband I used to use Mint.com. It's a really good website and - best of all - it's free.

Anyway, now we write out a monthly budget and use only cash to pay for things. This has allowed to save significantly more money than we were expecting. It's worth a shot if you're the budgeting type. He still inputs our information into Mint, but we also try to keep a running Google Doc of things we're saving for and stuff.

I thought mint could only be used with credit card or debit card data? is there a place to imput your own data? wow!! if that's the case I'm gonna have to check it out again!