Take a W and Retake?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

JoshuaGuit

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone

Bit of an odd question here. I'm taking an introductory class to C programming which is required by my major. The course is only half a semester and is 1 credit.

We have class once a week and each class has a quiz. We also have homework each week and we do in-class assignments.

Quizzes are 40%, homeworks 40%, and inclass are 20%.

I have been doing very poorly on my quizzes (60, 55) so far, but I have a 95 homework average and a 100 inclass average. I just don't get the subject that well and can't do well on the quizzes in the short time we're allotted.

It's already past the drop deadline, however I can still drop it and receive a W.

The max grade I can get right now assuming a continued 60% average on quizzes would be a B.

I could drop it and take it next semester and hopefully have more time to study, but that is completely unknown.

Will a W in this 1 credit non-science/math course hurt me? Is it worth it to keep going and run the chance of getting a C or a B?

Thanks for any advice,
Joshua

Members don't see this ad.

imo i would suck it up do more betta. Its only one semester hour and i would rather a B than a W but thats me. Programing can be tough ,but once you get it its a breeze. Is C going to be your first language btw?

The quizzes are what's hurting you, and you say its unknown whether or not you'd even have more time to study taking the course again during a later semester. Do you have reason to believe you'd be able to deal with the time constraints on the quizzes taking the course again in the future? If not, a B is alright and a W would just stand out, especially if you retook and got a B anyway.