What Will Be/Was Your Overall GPA When You Appli(ed) to Professional School?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What Will Be/Was Your Overall GPA When You Appli(ed) to Professional School?

• < 1.0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 1.1-2.0

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2.1-2.5

Votes: 2 1.2%
  • 2.6-2.9

Votes: 13 7.7%
  • 3.0-3.1

Votes: 18 10.7%
  • 3.2-3.3

Votes: 28 16.6%
  • 3.4-3.5

Votes: 29 17.2%
  • 3.6-3.7

Votes: 40 23.7%
  • 3.8+

Votes: 35 20.7%
  • N/A

Votes: 4 2.4%

• Total voters

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
We get a lot of questions asking about GPA repair in this forum, so our November poll seems like as good a time as any to find out what kind of GPAs we're working with here, nontrads.

Please select the option that includes your *overall* GPA when you applied to professional school (or what you estimate your overall GPA will be when you apply in the future). Your GPA choice should include all undergraduate and post bac work, but *not* any graduate work.

In my case, N/A, because I went to a college that didn't give grades.

Members don't see this ad.

My undergrad right now is a 3.46 overall (over 210 undergrad credits) and it's increasing.

Postbaccalaureate Undergraduate GPA (114 total semester hours): 3.87 with 3.97 sGPA (90 semester hours of science/math)

Cumulative Undergraduate GPA (248 total semester hours): 3.33

Trying to pull up that undergraduate GPA from a previous undergraduate degree is a lot like trying to run uphill while being tied off to a dump truck. It just doesn't move very much regardless of what you do. :thumbdown:

Members don't see this ad :)
Is there any undergraduate university that lets you get a degree with under a 2.0?

Cumulative is sitting at 3.23. BCMP is 3.01, and that's only because AMCAS accepted my creative reclassification of Epidemiology as a math/statistics class, otherwise it would've been 2.99. (Technically it was, it's just ridiculously easy stats.)

I have three Incompletes that turned into Fs 15 years ago. Otherwise you could add about .4 to each GPA average. :(

When I started out as a 'pre-med' my GPA was ~3.3. I worked my @$$ off and got that up to ~3.7. I didn't take my mom's advice and I put off college for a bit. Therefore, I didn't have an ungodly amount of credits at that GPA to overcome. Not listening to my mom was the smartest thing I ever did!

I have a 2.87 science GPA and a 2.91 overall for undergrad... But I also have a 3.7 graduate GPA to back me up. Overall, it has held me back a lot... I wish I could go back and raise my undergrad GPA, but I changed majors after the first two years and I graduated with about 200 credit hours. There is no raising that sucker!

I have 3.7 graduate GPA (3.8 grad bcpm) too. Pity a lot of schools are going to ignore it for me. Sigh.

undergrad+post-bacc:

-total = 3.66
-bpcm = 3.83

grad:

-total = 3.23

You couldn't peel me away from my fume hood in those days. :p

Undergrad in Chem and Grad in OChem from foreign school - so no AMCAS GPA

Post Bacc (60+ sems credits):
Overall: 3.9x
BPCM: 3.9x