What Was Your Most Recent MCAT Practice Test or Actual Test Score?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What Was Your Most Recent MCAT Practice Test or Actual Test Score?

• < 20

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • 20 - 23

Votes: 3 2.3%
  • 24 - 26

Votes: 12 9.2%
  • 27 - 29

Votes: 21 16.2%
  • 30 - 32

Votes: 30 23.1%
  • 33 - 35

Votes: 19 14.6%
  • 36 - 39

Votes: 14 10.8%
  • 40+

Votes: 5 3.8%
  • N/A OR 'I haven't taken it yet'

Votes: 23 17.7%

• Total voters

vc7777

Nontrad MD/MS
Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here's the official January Nontrad Poll! Please post your most recent exam result. For those who are not premed, there is an N/A option :)

Happy New Year everybody!

Members don't see this ad.

I predict bias to scores over 30

All I wanted for Christmas is for tons of general and organic chemistry on the real MCAT in 32 days. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Members don't see this ad :)
I literally just finished practice test 3 an hour or so ago.

I scored a 9 P, 10 B, 10 V (29) which I actually feel decent about since I have about four more months before I take it and haven't really cracked open BR yet. And perhaps more impressively, I did it without my ADHD accommodations!

Yes, I'm doing a happy dance. When I took a diagnostic test in July, I scored a 8 P, 9 B, 9, V (26) with double time ADHD accommodations.

I really needed this ego boost.

Cool! How have you been?
I literally just finished practice test 3 an hour or so ago.

I scored a 9 P, 10 B, 10 V (29) which I actually feel decent about since I have about four more months before I take it and haven't really cracked open BR yet. And perhaps more impressively, I did it without my ADHD accommodations!

Yes, I'm doing a happy dance. When I took a diagnostic test in July, I scored a 8 P, 9 B, 9, V (26) with double time ADHD accommodations.

I really needed this ego boost.

Not sent from my cell phone :shifty:

Cool! How have you been?

Still alive and stressing for the most part. I've been working hard on the very long application just for my composite letter. Have to have my 15 ECs all written up, a 20 school list (ranked), and then 15 additional essays (up to 3000 characters for 14 of them, then 15 is the personal statement). By the time I am done with this horrible form, I will have a good chunk of my application done and many common secondary question ready or at least on a first draft. I wish they gave me more time to do all of this!

Still alive and stressing for the most part. I've been working hard on the very long application just for my composite letter. Have to have my 15 ECs all written up, a 20 school list (ranked), and then 15 additional essays (up to 3000 characters for 14 of them, then 15 is the personal statement). By the time I am done with this horrible form, I will have a good chunk of my application done and many common secondary question ready or at least on a first draft. I wish they gave me more time to do all of this!
:eek:

Wow...I'm tired just reading that! :smuggrin:

:eek:

Wow...I'm tired just reading that! :smuggrin:

I told my internal medicine attending (who is medical school faculty of the school I am getting my composite letter from) and he thinks it is pure craziness. I've wasted my entire winter break writing these essays when I should have been studying more for the MCAT! I still have 3 more essays to go.

I told my internal medicine attending (who is medical school faculty of the school I am getting my composite letter from) and he thinks it is pure craziness. I've wasted my entire winter break writing these essays when I should have been studying more for the MCAT! I still have 3 more essays to go.
You will seriously have the fastest secondary turnaround time known to AMCAS. Just imagine, you get a monster like Duke, and then send it back fully polished within 15-20 minutes. :laugh:

Gotta love unscientific polls
I hear you. This will have to do until the final IRB approval for the randomized prospective trial.

Q and I are at the McDonald's playscape right now recruiting 5 year olds. Our original protocol didn't enroll enough kiddies who self-identified as "going to be a doctor" so we widened our acceptance criteria to include "super hero" and "astronaut" and dropped the "not oral retentive" enrollment criteria but we are keeping the "anal retentive" one (for obvious reasons).

Exact methods for assigning them to either become nontrads or controls before medical school is still being hammered out. You'll understand what a hard sell it is to their parents.

Don't get me started on how we are going to keep the kids blinded to the fact that they are a nontrad until after the MCAT! So please be patient!

Until then, this is the best we can do! At least it is better than pointless griping, don't you think?

You will seriously have the fastest secondary turnaround time known to AMCAS. Just imagine, you get a monster like Duke, and then send it back fully polished within 15-20 minutes. :laugh:

That's assuming any of the secondaries don't require me to write new essays LOL. I'm going to PM you and list the questions for you. I want some sympathy over some of them.

I'm quite proud to say I am down to only having ONE more essay to finish the first draft of. Just one. Muhahaha!

Oh i think the topic is fine. I just don't think any meaningful results will come of it. The average mcat is about a 24 or 25 (though the lower end does not usually apply). Non traditional students tend to test lower than average.

That's assuming any of the secondaries don't require me to write new essays LOL. I'm going to PM you and list the questions for you. I want some sympathy over some of them.

I'm quite proud to say I am down to only having ONE more essay to finish the first draft of. Just one. Muhahaha!

Finish that last essay? :D

Finish that last essay? :D

Finished the last one on Wednesday and sent the last batch to one of my attendings to look over especially since he is faculty at Emory.

I know several of them need work but I still have 3 weeks to submit them all to my undergrad school to apply for my composite letter. :D

Good luck!

Thanks :) I'm just so tired of reviewing. It really does feel like I'm training for a marathon except my brain is tired, not my legs.

Well, nexa, you have to push through it, that's about it. Good luck, it must be coming up soon?

17 more days :D

n8646267_47333552_3783.jpg