Kaplan Q-bank Verbal

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

WhiteWashed

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Stuff is hard! For some reason, they set the time...so you can't alter it. They gave me a 7 minutes to do a passage. And their passages seem a bit longer as well as their questions & answer choices.

Any other feedback on the Kaplan MCAT Q-BANK?

Members don't see this ad.

Stuff is hard! For some reason, they set the time...so you can't alter it. They gave me a 7 minutes to do a passage. And their passages seem a bit longer as well as their questions & answer choices.

Any other feedback on the Kaplan MCAT Q-BANK?

Hi WhiteWashed :hello:

[There's actually a thread in the Kaplan forum for Q-bank stuff :)
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=782119]

But...for the time being...the Q-bank is AWESOME for VR!!

I especially like it because you can separate natural science from social science from humanities.

What you can also choose to do, is to take your quiz in "tutor mode" so it won't time you. You can have your own timer somewhere else to keep you on track.

Hope this helps :cool:

Hi WhiteWashed :hello:

[There's actually a thread in the Kaplan forum for Q-bank stuff :)
http://forums.studentdoctor.net/showthread.php?t=782119]

But...for the time being...the Q-bank is AWESOME for VR!!

I especially like it because you can separate natural science from social science from humanities.

What you can also choose to do, is to take your quiz in "tutor mode" so it won't time you. You can have your own timer somewhere else to keep you on track.

Hope this helps :cool:

Last edited:
It's pretty hard to follow the prescribed Kaplan outlining technique in that time too. I just try to keep the passage map in my head lol

Members don't see this ad :)
how many passages does the Qbank they have per subject area? Especially for verbal, how many passages do they give?

Yeah it's a good idea to work in the tutor mode and time it yourself. On the other hand, Kaplan's 7-minute limit is also a good practice to force yourself to finish under short amount of time.