GS Verbal Reasoning finally dying a natural death

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mcat prep

Vendor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Molded by real MCAT experiences over the last 18 months and encouraged by the pleasant pm's ("when are you guys going to improve the crappy vr section?"), the revised GS-1 to GS-5 VR went live today and the rest will go live in 2 weeks.

Here is the bad news: what is the value of a curve to the first few hundred students? Not very predictive.

In response to "ahhhh, they were never predictive!": students have reported consistently scoring 2 points higher per section on the real MCAT. It's not ideal but it's helpful to know. In the short term (i.e. the next few weeks), we can't say how the new curve will shake out but we believe that the learning experience will be helpful.

Of course, GS-1 is still free.

Good luck.

PS. If you have already registered, your tests will be automatically updated.

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, the revised full length version is free (GS-1). Of course, that includes answers, explanations and diagnostic evaluation.

Good I'm gonna take the first 5 this week, since my test is next weekend.

wait are these old verbals just revised or what? because I already did GS 1-7 old verbals.

Members don't see this ad :)
FIVE in a week?!? Dude... don't burn out! I'd take 2 this week if your exam is this weekend. If it's still 2 wks out, then 3-4 this wk but no more than every other day.

Good I'm gonna take the first 5 this week, since my test is next weekend.

wait are these old verbals just revised or what? because I already did GS 1-7 old verbals.

I agree with "apumic", if you were suggesting that you would do 5 FL's in a week, that is way too much. You would need at least 1 full day to properly review a FL and, I would suggest, take 1 page of condensed notes with only top level information that you learned from your experience. Those notes, from each of your FL experiences, should be reviewed daily in your run up to the real exam next weekend.

In response to your other questions: most passages and questions have been changed. Frankly, it would be more helpful for you to do the new GS-1 VR than to continue at GS-8.