2011-2012 LSU - Shreveport Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammich117

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Identify the most fulfilling experience in (255 characters each):
1. Healthcare
2. Leadership
3. Research
4. Volunteer

Another section asks about if you are a reapplicant. If so, they ask for the 3 most significant changes to your application from last year. (No character limit listed but you are asked to be concise.)

If you consider yourself to be disadvantaged, write a narrative that details the nature, degree and effects of hardships under which you have succeeded. (2000 character limit)

Best of luck with your application :luck::luck::luck:!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey guys. I have heard several people say they are opening up out of state seats for this school starting this year and I have also heard about preference to this school from children of alum. Has anyone else heard this or can confirm it??

Members don't see this ad :)
Pretty sure LSU-S is not open to OOS. LSU-NO, on the other hand, is opening up 40 seats (maximum) to OOS.

LSU-S's website is still saying that only LA residents will be considered.

complete here, too! wooo, interview me!!!

When LSU-S says they will accept letters uploaded to virtual evals will not accept any sent or uploaded anywhere else, does this mean they won't even accept LOR's snail mailed from interfolio? Anyone have any experience with this?

When LSU-S says they will accept letters uploaded to virtual evals will not accept any sent or uploaded anywhere else, does this mean they won't even accept LOR's snail mailed from interfolio? Anyone have any experience with this?

I sent my letters via Interfolio, and they showed up on my status report from LSU-S.

EDP applicants are notified by october 1st, then they start sending out interviews for RD. website says they start looking at apps in july, but idk if that's for EDP or everyone.

Any body from Baton Rouge? hehe

Me. Still waiting on my AMCAS to be verified. Le sigh

Members don't see this ad :)
got another update email from here. wish they'd start dishing out some interview invites, although I suppose since I'm not EDP, I'm going to have to wait a while. :thumbdown:

so true. I don't need an email a week reminding me that my application is complete. It gets my hopes up every time that it's going to be an interview invite.

Anybody received an interview invites yet?

I know they're working on EDP applications right now but wondering if they're already scheduling interviews for the regular season.

Anybody received an interview invites yet?

I know they're working on EDP applications right now but wondering if they're already scheduling interviews for the regular season.

Shreveport's website says that regular applicant interview invites won't be issued until September.

Interview invite. They give three possible dates to order in preference; and it's first come,first serve.

samesies! I hope I get my first choice, my school is on break at the time.

Just sent my e-mail to confirm my date. I like that they are going to send out a menu for lunch. haha.

got my priority date for Oct 11 :)....what are yall doing about hotel booking?

will we be able to bring out luggage with us on the interview or keep it in an office? I have a flight to catch right after the interview and the check out time at the hotel is in the a.m.

are you guys including amcas and secondary application information on the resume they want us to email them or only adding new things?

anyone know how often the committee meets to issue interviews?

are you guys including amcas and secondary application information on the resume they want us to email them or only adding new things?

I'm just resending my CV. I had already sent it to them when I mailed my photo for the secondary, but I guess I'm just going to resend it.

Figured I would throw this up in case anyone was waiting on anything from Shreveport or looking to e-mail anything soon. I e-mailed my CV for my interview and received an auto-reply.

"Ms. Hatcher is out of the office until September 19. E-mail will be checked periodically. On September 21 we will resume sending access to our Secondary and logging letters of recommendation, and generally resume full operation."

I received a notice on Sept 1 from LSU Shreveport that my application was being considered for a possible interview.

I haven't heard anything since. Should I be worried?

GPA = 3.4
MCAT = 33

I received a notice on Sept 1 from LSU Shreveport that my application was being considered for a possible interview.

I haven't heard anything since. Should I be worried?

GPA = 3.4
MCAT = 33

Nah. I know people who were finished in August of last year and didn't get interviews until months later and got in. Just stay patient.

anyone know about how well lsu shreveport matches....also any word on safety around shreveport?

Idk about matching, but I think Shreveport is fairly safe. Safer than NO for sure. Probably safer than Baton Rouge. The area around BR General and Earl K Long, though I think that one's not open any more, is pretty sketchy.

I'm just resending my CV. I had already sent it to them when I mailed my photo for the secondary, but I guess I'm just going to resend it.

When you say CV, did you include things like volunteering or work experience etc? I was just going to send my resume as well, and then I was re-reading it and it said include "achievements, accomplishments, and recognitions," to me that sounds more like awards and such (but now I'm sure I'm over-analyzing this.)

When you say CV, did you include things like volunteering or work experience etc? I was just going to send my resume as well, and then I was re-reading it and it said include "achievements, accomplishments, and recognitions," to me that sounds more like awards and such (but now I'm sure I'm over-analyzing this.)
Yea. I included volunteering, work, and leadership positions/awards in addition to all my school information and such.

interview invite!

Would y'all mind posting your stats for those that got an invite? I'm trying to figure out if/when I may get an interview.

Thanks!

Would y'all mind posting your stats for those that got an invite? I'm trying to figure out if/when I may get an interview.

Thanks!

sGPA: 3.97
MCAT: 32R

good luck to you!

anyone know about how well lsu shreveport matches....also any word on safety around shreveport?

Dr. Kennedy came to UNO to give a presentation today on the school. The area around the school is "walk your dog at night alone" safe. 93% of students pass USMLE-1 on the first try. 63% match their first choice. Overall, I was impressed with the presentation; and Dr. Kennedy was really nice. Looking forward to getting to check out the school.

Status
Not open for further replies.