2011-2012 Meharry Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammich117

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Best of luck with your application :luck::luck::luck:!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey everyone, Fellow c/o 2016 applicant here(submitted and verified, 7/6/2011 MCAT). Blessings and best of luck to everyone this cycle.

Do you know if they accept 2008 mcat test results for the new 2011-2012 application cycle or if the latest tests they take are from 2009?

Members don't see this ad :)
I am also applying to Meharry this cycle!!! Hopefully we will get to see each other the first day of class!!! :)

Do you know if they accept 2008 mcat test results for the new 2011-2012 application cycle or if the latest tests they take are from 2009?

I hope this helps. It is from MMC website:

Medical College Admissions Test (MCAT): All applicants must take the MCAT. An official report of performance is required on the Medical College Admissions Test. Only test scores taken within the last three years will be considered.

Why is this thread silent? Fellow applicant here. AMCAS submitted 6/30/2011. Waiting to be verified. Took the MCAT 06/16/2011. Waiting on scores. Hopefully i do well. Good luck everyone.

Hey guys,

I interviewed her a few years ago and I loved it. Unfortunately I eventually had to stop applying that year due to family issues, but I still want to tell everyone that this school is cool. :p

The facilities are far from the best, but they use what they have well. The poor population around here is so thankful that the school is there, and their students help run the clinic at Vanderbilt(?). The history of the school is really cool and it has a pathology museum, which I went to after my interview. They had a great interview day and I really felt welcome there. Also, you can buy beer from off the counter at a convenience store across from the hotel they recommend.

Why is this thread silent? Fellow applicant here. AMCAS submitted 6/30/2011. Waiting to be verified. Took the MCAT 06/16/2011. Waiting on scores. Hopefully i do well. Good luck everyone.

Welcome!!!!

Hey everyone! Another c/o 2016 applicant, submitted 6/20 and verified 7/7. Good luck to everyone this cycle! Any word on Meharry's secondary?

Hi everyone, I am applying to howard c/o 2016 and I just wanted to share some thoughts and words of encouragement with you while you embark on this application journey. Let us all remember that this is indeed a stressful process but the one thing that we can all do is continue to encourage and motivate one another. While I may not be considered a competitive applicant I have still decided to apply because I have faith that if this is truly the will of God he will open doors that no man can close. For he says in his word that those that trust in him will never be disgraced.

While we embrace the long months that lay ahead let us keep Jeremiah 29:11 in our hearts: " For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Let us put our hope in this scripture.
God bless all and most importantly keep the faith.

btw:
I submitted my primary application on july 2, approximately how long does it take to be verified?

Last edited:
Haven't submitted yet, but I'm also applying to Meharry this cycle :) I don't take the MCAT until Aug 6th, but I heard that they don't start sending out secondaries until August, so I figure I'll submit within the next few weeks. Good luck everyone!!!!

Haven't submitted yet, but I'm also applying to Meharry this cycle :) I don't take the MCAT until Aug 6th, but I heard that they don't start sending out secondaries until August, so I figure I'll submit within the next few weeks. Good luck everyone!!!!

Good luck!!! I thought I was the only one taking a late MCAT. Soo glad to see that I am not the only one. I take it 9/8. I will be submitting my application next week :xf:

The early bird does not always get the worm :)

Members don't see this ad :)
Thanks Miss Marie. How are you doing? Are you excited to apply? i know i am.

I am doing well!!! I am very excited to apply to Meharry. I participated in their HCOP program and fell in love with the school.

Good luck!!! I thought I was the only one taking a late MCAT. Soo glad to see that I am not the only one. I take it 9/8. I will be submitting my application next week :xf:

The early bird does not always get the worm :)

Thanks MissMarie and good luck to you as well!!!!

That's great Miss Marie. I am excited but also scared about this long long process. I am just scared of the possibility of not getting in but i gotta stay positive. God help us all!!!

I am doing well!!! I am very excited to apply to Meharry. I participated in their HCOP program and fell in love with the school.

Sending prayers to you guys this cycle. :) Hopefully I'll be where you guys are next year, this is definitely my top choice!! :xf:

That's great Miss Marie. I am excited but also scared about this long long process. I am just scared of the possibility of not getting in but i gotta stay positive. God help us all!!!
am

I am also NERVOUS, don't let the positive vibes fool you! LOL. I am especially nervous because I am taking a late MCAT, which can go incredibly well or horribly wrong. Don’t worry about not getting in we are only in the 1st inning and have 8 more to go. :luck:

Don't worry MissMarie. I will be rooting for you. You will do well on the MCAT. I just pray we both get in. That would be awesome.

am

I am also NERVOUS, don't let the positive vibes fool you! LOL. I am especially nervous because I am taking a late MCAT, which can go incredibly well or horribly wrong. Don’t worry about not getting in we are only in the 1st inning and have 8 more to go. :luck:

Don't worry MissMarie. I will be rooting for you. You will do well on the MCAT. I just pray we both get in. That would be awesome.

Thx!! That would be wonderful!! Then we can be study buddies!!! :D

I will also be applying this cycle. I wish good luck to all of you. I just received an email stating that the secondaries will be out within the next three weeks...I will be waiting patiently..lol.

I will also be applying this cycle. I wish good luck to all of you. I just received an email stating that the secondaries will be out within the next three weeks...I will be waiting patiently..lol.

i got that email also...im excited :D

anyone have the same problem??

No Application Terms Currently Available

There are currently no additional terms for which you may apply to Medical Supplemental Application.You may still fill out the form, but you will not be able to submit the form until a term becomes available.

that's what it says on the supplemental application page

the email said that the secondary would not be open/available until tomorrow

hahaha oh goodness...
i didn't read the date becuase i was too excited about the invite

thanks for the catch...:laugh:

For the part of the secondaries about what ranking your future medical practice, one of the options are health maintenance organization. Does anyone know what that means.
Also....ahhhh secondaries!!!!!
:zip: (i really like this monkey)

Can anyone post the prompts?

There's a
'Please indicate why you wish to attend Meharry Medical College, School of Medicine?'
on page three and I dont think there are any character limits.

So for those receiving secondary invites, when was your AMCAS verified and did you receive a message about meharry receiving you AMCAS application and that you would hear from then after an initial review of your application?

Nwoye its long term for HMO, google it..has to do with insurance

So for those receiving secondary invites, when was your AMCAS verified and did you receive a message about meharry receiving you AMCAS application and that you would hear from then after an initial review of your application?

I got an e-mail today telling me that the secondary application would officially open tomorrow and instructions on filling out the secondary application plus other requirements such as MCAT, application fee, and letters of recommendation. So I'm not sure what you're referring to but that's what I have.

my AMCAS was verified on june 23rd i believe and yes, they sent me an email saying that they received my AMCAS and that I would hear from them within a few weeks.

Thank you. That is what i meant. Thank you previous poster as well.

my AMCAS was verified on june 23rd i believe and yes, they sent me an email saying that they received my AMCAS and that I would hear from them within a few weeks.

Good Luck to you all... I'm a freshly minted M1 here at Meharry (just completed the MAPS program)... and all I can say is that I'm loving it. As I've learned in the past couple of weeks, Med School is no joke... but manageable.

You guys can hit me up if you have any questions about Meharry....have fun during the apps season.

Nwoye its long term for HMO, google it..has to do with insurance

I was more concerned with how it translates into medical practice, like the question asked.

Do we wait to be invited to complete the secondary, or is it available for everyone???

Nwoye,
That would make more sense, LOL off the top of my head I would assume, its just saying are you going to see noninsured as much as insured,or private insurance vs public. I don't know the whole question (I'm not applying this year). If I had to guess some of the options says PPO, Medicaid, Medicare, and Indian Health Services. If you want to send me the questions or the other options, let me know. GL

Do we wait to be invited to complete the secondary, or is it available for everyone???

I believe that applicants are pre-screened to receive a secondary invite. Good luck everyone!!

got a complete email today. from looking at last years thread i wasnt expecting one until next week! perhaps theyre moving a little faster this year :xf:

I believe that applicants are pre-screened to receive a secondary invite. Good luck everyone!!

last year i think everyone got the secondary. but this year, according to msar, they are prescreened.

got a complete email today. from looking at last years thread i wasnt expecting one until next week! perhaps theyre moving a little faster this year :xf:

I also got the complete e-mail too! I wonder when the secondary application really was available for applicants....my e-mail last week said "The Supplemental Application will officially open Friday, August 5, 2011." So maybe we're complete really quickly because we were the first people to complete a secondary?

lets hope we're the first people to receive interviews also! lol

hey guys I received the secondary invite as well, but i am having difficulties with the site. When i click on the secondary link, I am prompted to enter a name as password. How would i go about obtaining one? Thanks for your help

Status
Not open for further replies.