2011-2012 Morehouse Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammich117

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Reserved for prompt.

Please PM the essays or lack thereof to me when the secondary is available and I will update this.

Best of luck with your application :luck::luck::luck:!

Members don't see this ad.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applying here too!!! Maryland resident :)

Another MD resident (PG County) applying this cycle!

Hi everyone, I am applying to howard c/o 2016 and I just wanted to share some thoughts and words of encouragement with you while you embark on this application journey. Let us all remember that this is indeed a stressful process but the one thing that we can all do is continue to encourage and motivate one another. While I may not be considered a competitive applicant I have still decided to apply because I have faith that if this is truly the will of God he will open doors that no man can close. For he says in his word that those that trust in him will never be disgraced.

While we embrace the long months that lay ahead let us keep Jeremiah 29:11 in our hearts: " For I know the plans I have for you declares the Lord, plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future." Let us put our hope in this scripture.
God bless all and most importantly keep the faith.

btw:
I submitted my primary application on july 2, approximately how long does it take to be verified?

btw:
I submitted my primary application on july 2, approximately how long does it take to be verified?

Approximately 3-4 weeks. You can follow the AMCAS verification thread to get the ballpark!

I'm applying! :) Are you from the area? I've never been...
Hey! I'm applying to Morehouse, and I'm a GA resident! I hope Atlanta won't be too fast pace for me, since I'm from a small town :D

Has anyone received the secondary from MSM? I haven't been verified yet (AMCAS seems to be stuck on 6/30, and I didn't get to submit until 7/14). I think we'd all appreciate it if someone who's already gotten the 2* would post the prompts. Or I would, anyway. :) Good luck, y'all!

Members don't see this ad :)
Morehouse hasnt started sending secondaries yet.

Do they screen? I dont have the secondary yet..

According to MSAR there is a screening process.

How many weeks did you have to wait after your AMCAS was verified? Mine was verified on July 29 and hasn't receive their secondary yet so I'm really worried. Thanks!

How many weeks did you have to wait after your AMCAS was verified? Mine was verified on July 29 and hasn't receive their secondary yet so I'm really worried. Thanks!

Verified July 15th and received secondary August 8th

lets get it!!!!!!!!!!!! I'm still being verified...

Secondary completed and mailed out 08/10, Received Interview invite 08/24 for an Interview September 23rd! at 10 AM. I'm very impressed about Morehouse replying back within 2 weeks, Good luck to everyone else!!

Last edited:
Never received a secondary and verified in June... oh well.

I just got the supplemental today, in terms of the picture, do we have to print it out and just glue it on the paper and send it in, or can we email it to them?
Thanks.

I'm pretty sure we have to mail it in. Just to make sure, is there anything else we need to submit by mail or is everything else in the form?

Just got my supplemental yesterday....someone asked something about being verified since June and not receiving a secondary, I e-mailed admissions about it on Monday since I was also verified in June and they approved me for a secondary the next day so I'd definitely e-mail them at this point.

Secondary completed and mailed out 08/10, Received Interview invite 08/24 for an Interview September 23rd! at 10 AM. I'm very impressed about Morehouse replying back within 2 weeks, Good luck to everyone else!!

wow interview invites already?!
that's quick! may you tell us your stats??? in state or out of state?
because on the website it said they would interview october.... :confused:

good luck and congrats!

To the previous poster, the only prompt is WHY MOREHOUSE?

Also, why can we not paste a picture on the picture form? I am trying to copy a picture onto there but i cannot seem to figure it out. Anyone know?

Interview invite!!!! I just submitted last evening, and got the email this afternoon, amazing turnaround. Cannot wait, I love this school!!!! :D

Wow already. How is that possible? Did they already get your picture? Anyways Congratulations.
Interview invite!!!! I just submitted last evening, and got the email this afternoon, amazing turnaround. Cannot wait, I love this school!!!! :D

Me too! Congratulations! =)

yes i sent in the picture, not sure if they received it yet though. Is anybody familiar with the area, where are you guys going to stay??

Secondary received: 8/27, idk when I will be submitting though!

secondary submitted today. toook a while to write a good essay. finguers crossed

interview invite today!
complete 8/29
OOS.

interview invite today!
complete 8/29
OOS.

Wow they are quick, well i Sent: 11:20 AM, August 30, 2011 (PST) and was Confirmed: 06:57 AM, August 31, 2011 (PST)

Hopefully I will hear back from them in a day or two

when is the interview date and when were u confirmed?

interview invite today!
complete 8/29
OOS.

Congrats! When did you mail out the photo form and what was the time gap from when you mailed the photo/submitted the app online to the complete status?

did you guys receive an actual complete email after they received your photo and application?

Congrats! When did you mail out the photo form and what was the time gap from when you mailed the photo/submitted the app online to the complete status?

I actually mailed out the photo form like yesterday. They don't need that, i guess lol.

wow! 3 days from application to invite :eek: you must have had a superstar application! :love: :love:

I hope so :xf: wish me luck.

hopefully you'll hear from them soon!

I actually mailed out the photo form like yesterday. They don't need that, i guess lol.

Ive spoken to admissions, they do not need the photo form, its optional, and even if you send it late it does not hold up your application, they just put the picture in ur folder when ever it gets there.

Status
Not open for further replies.