2011-2012 University of Texas - San Antonio Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammich117

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
No secondary application

Good luck! :luck:

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Since San Antonio is my hometown and UT-San Antonio is my top choice, I'll go ahead and take the liberty of being the first poster here :).

I was reading through last year's thread and it looks like the admissions staff in SA got an earlier start than the other Texas schools--extending interview invites by mid-July and holding interviews themselves in early August. I'd just be happy with an interview, but my Fall semester begins in late August and if I were able to have some interviews already done before summer is over I would be thrilled!

Since San Antonio is my hometown and UT-San Antonio is my top choice, I'll go ahead and take the liberty of being the first poster here :).

I was reading through last year's thread and it looks like the admissions staff in SA got an earlier start than the other Texas schools--extending interview invites by mid-July and holding interviews themselves in early August. I'd just be happy with an interview, but my Fall semester begins in late August and if I were able to have some interviews already done before summer is over I would be thrilled!

Same here. San Antonio is lower on my list but I just want to get some interviews done before the year starts up since I'll be taking 17 hours.

Members don't see this ad :)
Same here. San Antonio is lower on my list but I just want to get some interviews done before the year starts up since I'll be taking 17 hours.

I'm pretty sure it's not possible that you will have multiple interviews before school starts. Maybe one. Maybe. IF you are one of the first to get invited.

What are your stats?

I'm pretty sure it's not possible that you will have multiple interviews before school starts. Maybe one. Maybe. IF you are one of the first to get invited.

What are your stats?

I know some schools will have interviews in August so I'm hoping to get at least one in.

What are your stats?

This is purely anecdotal and n=1 (well n=2) but two of my friends who applied last year had interviewed at Lubbock, El Paso, and San Antonio (for one) and A&M (for the other) by the end of August.

If you look through last year's threads for Texas schools you'll see that a lot of them started interviewing in early August, though not all of them did.

And higher stats are not necessarily correlated with earlier interview dates at all schools. I know for a fact that Dr. Jones (Admissions Dean) in San Antonio has said that they like to stagger quality applicants so A, any given group of interviewees is consistent regardless of whether its August or December, and B, strong applicants who will surely have options may be more likely to attend a school that is more "fresh" in their minds from a later interview. Granted that's a gamble cause if they get accepted earlier they might withdraw and the school would never get a chance to recruit them.

Yep San Antonio had the first interview date in Texas after TCOM. I interviewed on the first day, Aug 2 and got my invite on July 14.

I procrastinated the last cycle so UT schools got my info on August 5th. Interviewed at UTSA on September 20th and accepted on October 20th. Class of 2015! Good luck to everyone!

Just got an email that says my primary was recieved and it was sent to the adcoms. Submitted a month ago.

Yeah I got that email too (submitted 5/12) at 9:25. In other exciting news, I got an interview invite at another Texas school (TCOM) this morning :).

Just got the email as well. I submitted on 5/13 and the app was transmitted to schools on 5/19.

Yeah I got that email too (submitted 5/12) at 9:25. In other exciting news, I got an interview invite at another Texas school (TCOM) this morning :).

Congrats, Morzh! I can't believe interview season is already starting; summer has been going by really fast for me.

Members don't see this ad :)

got the email

and congrats! thats really early. Guess TCOM is starting earlier this year?

Congrats, Morzh! I can't believe interview season is already starting; summer has been going by really fast for me.

I know I couldn't believe it. My TCOM interview is for 7/26. Historically (judging by last years' threads) TCOM begins interviews the earliest, and San Antonio is usually next with early Aug (email says 8/8 will be first) dates. Hopefully we all here from them in the next few weeks! :luck:

Got the e-mail from SA about my received application.

I also received an email today regarding my application being received and submitted to the adcom for review.

Think so. July is review time for most texas schools. I made a spread sheet for interview invites and first interviews dates from last years data incase any one wants it. Just pm me

also, Morz i look forward to meeting you July 26th because i just got an interview invite

heres a google doc's link

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...ZwUmI5eW1WLUE&hl=en_US&authkey=CKu046EE#gid=0

Keep in mind this is from data using SDN as a resource from last year. Also keep in mind that some schools interviewed later than usual last year(Im lookin at you TAMU). And also keep in mind OOS usually will be notified about a decision earlier in Texas if everything else is equal with a Texas Applicant.

Last edited:
Think so. July is review time for most texas schools. I made a spread sheet for interview invites and first interviews dates from last years data incase any one wants it. Just pm me

also, Morz i look forward to meeting you July 26th because i just got an interview invite

heres a google doc's link

https://spreadsheets.google.com/spr...ZwUmI5eW1WLUE&hl=en_US&authkey=CKu046EE#gid=0

Keep in mind this is from data using SDN as a resource from last year. Also keep in mind that some schools interviewed later than usual last year(Im lookin at you TAMU). And also keep in mind OOS usually will be notified about a decision earlier in Texas if everything else is equal with a Texas Applicant.

Thanks for making the spreadsheet! But when I click the link, it takes me to a blank google docs spreadsheet with 3 sheets? All I see is blank tiles with a green box around one of the columns.

Yea i accidentally cleared it. Ill reupload it again later. San Antonio contacted people early july from the looks of it last year. Their email said Aug 6 was first date?

Yea i accidentally cleared it. Ill reupload it again later. San Antonio contacted people early july from the looks of it last year. Their email said Aug 6 was first date?
the first interview date was Aug 2 and invites were sent out on July 14 :)

Thanks for that. This year it seems like they are starting on August 8th

Hm... I never received an email from UT- San Antonio that they received my primary application. (I submitted on 06/02 and transmitted on 06/13) Most of the other TMDSAS schools have sent me emails that they have received them. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I contact them?

Hm... I never received an email from UT- San Antonio that they received my primary application. (I submitted on 06/02 and transmitted on 06/13) Most of the other TMDSAS schools have sent me emails that they have received them. Has this happened to anyone else? Should I contact them?

I received acknowledgement of receipt from TX Tech El Paso and UT Southwestern, but not UTMB or UT San Antonio. Then again, I was just transmitted last week.

My app was transmitted on June 8 and I got an email from UT San Antonio on June 23

I guess I should wait it out and stop worrying so much. I'm sure something will come along the way. If I don't hear from them this week, I'm sure an email wont hurt? Right?

I guess I should wait it out and stop worrying so much. I'm sure something will come along the way. If I don't hear from them this week, I'm sure an email wont hurt? Right?

hmm i'm wondering about that too...i've only heard from tcom, utsw, and utmb saying that they received my primary app. Mind was transmitted 6/13.

hmm i'm wondering about that too...i've only heard from tcom, utsw, and utmb saying that they received my primary app. Mind was transmitted 6/13.

Those are the same exact schools I got them from. Well at least I'm not the only one. I'll wait it out. I need to get apps off my mind.

Yeah, I got primary confirmation. Transmitted on 7/7/11. I would love to live in SA. I used to go their all the time when I was in college. The food is amazing, rich culture and history.

Yeah, I got primary confirmation. Transmitted on 7/7/11. I would love to live in SA. I used to go their all the time when I was in college. The food is amazing, rich culture and history.

Congrats. Took long enough.

Yay me too!

So around this time last year they started sending invites. For the first interview date being early august , i would have though someone on SDN would have heard.

Good luck to all.

So around this time last year they started sending invites. For the first interview date being early august , i would have though someone on SDN would have heard.

Good luck to all.

My inbox has been real quite lately. The calm before the storm.

My inbox has been real quite lately. The calm before the storm.

More like, the anxiety before the distant rumblings, followed by the panic that the storm will never get here, followed by the storm itself, followed by the whirling devastation, followed by great expensive aftermath, followed by the calm.

More like, the anxiety before the distant rumblings, followed by the panic that the storm will never get here, followed by the storm itself, followed by the whirling devastation, followed by great expensive aftermath, followed by the calm.

:laugh:----:thumbup:

so i got the email saying that they have my application...is there a site where you can check your status? b/c on my tmdsas all it says still is "transmitted to schools" or something like that..

so i got the email saying that they have my application...is there a site where you can check your status? b/c on my tmdsas all it says still is "transmitted to schools" or something like that..

negative

Yeah my email they had my app, it was complete and sent to the admissions committee for review.... please please please!!!:xf:

Just sent my primary and payment to Texas schools. My MCAT scores won't be in until August 9, though. Is that too late since they're already viewing apps?

Just sent my primary and payment to Texas schools. My MCAT scores won't be in until August 9, though. Is that too late since they're already viewing apps?

thats cutting it kinda close to some texas schools. get the secondaries done asap. like nao

thats cutting it kinda close to some texas schools. get the secondaries done asap. like nao

Ok, thanks. Do you know how long it takes med schools to receive LORs if they're sent through VirtualEvals? I don't think my undergrad will send them until they have my MCAT score.

Ok, thanks. Do you know how long it takes med schools to receive LORs if they're sent through VirtualEvals? I don't think my undergrad will send them until they have my MCAT score.

if they upload it through the TMDSAS system, should be instant. if its some other method, might take more

more like how long does it take for tmdsas to download it from VE

so all statuses for all the TX schools are on tmdsas?

Most of the TMDSAS schools do not have their own school-specific online portal for you to check your status. Everything is on the TMDSAS website itself. The exceptions are Texas A&M (which uses BAMF) and the Texas Tech schools (which use Merlin).

Most of the TMDSAS schools do not have their own school-specific online portal for you to check your status. Everything is on the TMDSAS website itself. The exceptions are Texas A&M (which uses BAMF) and the Texas Tech schools (which use Merlin).

do you get an invite to go to Merlin for the Texas Tech schools? thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.