2011-2012 Wright State Application Thread

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Sammich117

Moderator Emeritus
10+ Year Member
Reaction score
No prompt

Best of luck with your application :luck::luck::luck:!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Hey kids, good luck on apps. Don't put off this secondary because it'll prob be a fast one (unless they decide to change it).

Members don't see this ad :)
Nothing here yet :confused:

I'm pretty sure they do not screen.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Submitted. Was this secondary a sick joke or something put on by the adcoms? :laugh:

Wright state doesn't seem to OOS friendly :/. Best of luck though.

I believe this year's MSAR said OOS applicants were strongly encouraged. Previous years' MSARs didn't, though. Maybe, like AZ & others, their class makeup isin the process of changing.

I believe this year's MSAR said OOS applicants were strongly encouraged. Previous years' MSARs didn't, though. Maybe, like AZ & others, their class makeup isin the process of changing.

We talked a little about this in last years thread...

The 2011-2012 MSAR lists 89/443 interviews for OOS kids and 9 matriculants. The 2012-2013 MSAR says 135/464 OOS interviews and 24 matriculants. That means that their newest class has 24/101 OOS (~24%). Both versions say "Non-residents of Ohio are encouraged to apply" though, but maybe that was a policy change that took a while to reflect in the stats? I don't have any earlier MSARs so I don't know
Someone posted that a couple of weeks ago talking about Wright State. I wondered how true that really is. Wright State is pretty notorious for being very in-state friendly. Like the quoted post said the 2011-2012 MSAR has 9 OOS matriculants. I have an even older version of the MSAR and it has 8 OOS matriculants. It just seems odd that a school could go from having single digit OOS matriculants each year for several years to 24. What do you guys think?

When I interviewed, they specifically said that they don't give any preference to IS vs OOS applicants past the interview process. WSU seems to attract a lot of Ohio kids, which makes it seem like it's not very OOS friendly when you look at the stats.

I'm guessing the hike in OOS matriculants is more of a symptom of the increasing competition to med school (more applicants with higher stats) than a surge in increase by OOSers to Wright State or a sudden decision by WSU adcoms to admit more OOS students.

It is true that the current M1 class has a way higher percentage of OOS students - current M2s and M1s that I know have commented on it. I hope it's a reflection of the times and a good vote of confidence for the school. I think it's definitely lesser know by OOSers right now, but maybe this surge represents the school getting more national attention. That's always a good thing! :thumbup:

Yeah, the 24 OOS is about right. This year has been an anomaly for the number of OOS students.

Yeah, I noticed that trend also (I have the last 3 MSARs purchased). I had never noticed anything in the older MSARs mentioning encouraging OOSers to apply, but it's possible I just missed it.

In any case, when I saw the jump to 24 OOS, plus the added note about encouraging OOS to apply, it helped me decide to move Wright State from my "maybe" to "definitely" apply list. :)

Secondary complete email received. They said that since I have a fee waiver, I don't need to do anything. I just received an email that it is complete. Is it normal?

Last edited:
Yeah I got the same thing - seemed too easy so I emailed to make sure that there was nothing I could do and to make sure they had my letters and they just said there was nothing else I needed to do besides wait now

I just now received an email that my app is complete..kinda weird (this is the 2nd "complete" email)! fingers crossed!

Last edited:
Just submitted the secondary. Would the next e-mail I get be either an interview invite or a rejection? Is there anyway to check your application status? Thanks.

Just submitted the secondary. Would the next e-mail I get be either an interview invite or a rejection? Is there anyway to check your application status? Thanks.
you should get an e-mail that says your app is complete. I don't believe there is a way to check your status...

okay so i m in a huge dilemma..please give me ur opinions:
I am an IS for this school and has already submitted everything..in a long run, I can hope to get an interview for this college :xf:
so i was talking with my parents and they were bent on me getting accepted in an IS school regardless of the status of the school in terms of tiers, etc. They want me to have less debt at the end..so my question is does it matter for the residency and future if I graduate from a school like George Washington for example or Wright State?
Thanks!!

Last edited:
Hello all Wright State hopefuls!

If anyone has questions about the school please send me a PM. I am a current second year and would be glad to answer your questions. Best of luck.

David

Has anyone heard anything about interviews???

Nothing here yet. IS student.
I had been looking through the last year's thread and first interviews were in late august/ early september (if I remember correctly)

Is there anyway to check the status of your application?

Nope nothing yet. I'm getting a little anxious because this was one of the first schools that I was complete at 7/21. Hopefully interviews go out soon!

Last edited:

Last edited:

Last edited:
Congrats dra13! I want an interview invite to WSU so much...but way to go! Best of luck!

what the hell!!! haha nj dude. I'm like the same stats, but instate. Your PS must rock.

edit: just checked my email and i received secondary on 7/12, paid that day, and became complete on the 21st. So there is time!

Last edited:
Received an interview invite via e-mail yesterday with below average stats.

Hoping for the best! :xf:

II: 5 minutes ago. Complete 7/21. IS. Born in Cleveland.

I would so accept any offer from them.

They email you an invitation to schedule an interview. I love the convenience!!!

Congrats everyone! When are your interviews? I'm a current M1 and I love it here. Let me know if you have any questions.

Status
Not open for further replies.