Farting during the Real Test

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

mightymoose02

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
I mean this as a serious question. :mad:

How strict are the testing centers when it comes to random noises?

I am sure you all had this situation where you are in class or somewhere quiet and you feel a bit gassy. :confused: You can't leave the room. So naturally, we want to let it out so we sorta raise our bottoms and just let go.... Usually, we are expecting it to be a silent one and it almost always is... but occasionally, it goes BOOOOM. :eek:

(If you've never done this before, people usually give you weird looks :eyebrow: or start laughing right after the accident)

Do the proctors advise you to stop letting gas out or is that considered a distraction? I mean everyone has noise-cancelling headphones on, correct?

Also, I'd like to ask about sneezing. Let's say all of a sudden you start sneezing a lot due to crowded testing center, super duper cold air conditioned room, sudden change in temperature, etc. Do they ask you leave or do they just let you keep going? I am guessing there are people who get sick right before the test, right?

Just trying to get ready for any situations. :thumbup: Thanks for any responses.

Members don't see this ad.

I mean this as a serious question. :mad:

How strict are the testing centers when it comes to random noises?

I am sure you all had this situation where you are in class or somewhere quiet and you feel a bit gassy. :confused: You can't leave the room. So naturally, we want to let it out so we sorta raise our bottoms and just let go.... Usually, we are expecting it to be a silent one and it almost always is... but occasionally, it goes BOOOOM. :eek:

(If you've never done this before, people usually give you weird looks :eyebrow: or start laughing right after the accident)

Do the proctors advise you to stop letting gas out or is that considered a distraction? I mean everyone has noise-cancelling headphones on, correct?

Also, I'd like to ask about sneezing. Let's say all of a sudden you start sneezing a lot due to crowded testing center, super duper cold air conditioned room, sudden change in temperature, etc. Do they ask you leave or do they just let you keep going? I am guessing there are people who get sick right before the test, right?

Just trying to get ready for any situations. :thumbup: Thanks for any responses.

I think this would warrant a taser to the balls from the proctor. Don't think they wouldn't.

You should just let it out. You'll be in a cubicle so you'll sort of retain anonymity :)

I'm also concerned about the second question.
Are we allowed to bring jackets/hoodies in? Has anyone experienced it being SUPER cold?

Members don't see this ad :)
^ true but you actually can take it off as long as you give it to them to keep for you.

i had a tragic situation where i left my fav ugly blue sweatshirt at the test center with my proctor because i was so excited to be done and leave.

dude, don't each such a food before MCAT that you need to fart like a nuclear bomb ....

Do it. Distract your competitors. Even better for you if you make em smell really bad :D

hahahaha one way to be a gunner. distract your fellow MCAT test takers by releasing nasty farts.

:laugh:

On a serious note, please be considerate to others around you :D

Hoodies=no hood up.

Take them off and you have to give them to the proctor.

I had a proctor come in and take mine away during a section. I almost flipped ****. Then I got cold again and wanted it back.

The asshats.

Hoodies=no hood up.

I had a proctor come in and take mine away during a section. I almost flipped ****. Then I got cold again and wanted it back.

The asshats.

LOL Man, that's what really worries me, cuz I could totally see that happening to me too..
If they're already patting you down and sh**, why the hell do they have to take the clothes away?
If I keep putting my sweater on and off maybe he'll give up eventually..

Well, someone farted when I was taking it (it was really obviously a fart), and then someone else sneezed like ten times in a role. No one said anything.

Hoodies=no hood up.

The asshats.

That sounds like a really mean proctor. Mine let me keep my jacket and just asked me to put in on the hanger if I want to take it off. He was also super chill and let me keep my wallet, car/home keys, and watch on.

No one will pay attention at the farts because people are usually very concetrated at the exam and I believe the headphones will prevent from hearing the noice...maybe the only thing that may distract the testtakers could be the smell of the gas LOL
:smuggrin:

Some guy next to me at CULVER CITY FARTED NEXT TO ME!!!

YOU KNOW WHO YOU ARE!!!!

THAT WAS PRETTY LOUD!!! :eek::eek::eek::eek:

Members don't see this ad :)
if u smell a fart, take out the ear plugs and stick them in ur nostrils. but stick them in from the other end, u dont wanna be gross n shet

if u smell a fart, take out the ear plugs and stick them in ur nostrils. but stick them in from the other end, u dont wanna be gross n shet

That's good advice. Usually, the loud ones don't smell. It's always the stealth silent deadly ones.

i have explosive gas but didnt fart once during my test.

at the gym on the other hand...

Speaking of farts, I made the mistake of finishing my coffee and Gatorade before BS and had to use the restroom. I was able to sprint down the hallway(barefooted so they wouldn't think I was cheating by taking crap out of my shoes), unzip while running, pee, unzip while going back(didn't wash my hands duh) all in 44 seconds. Too bad the fingerprint DL and metal detector took like 2 mins. At least it wasn't verbal. I probably would've just said **** it and pissed my pants.

It's important to practice farting on your AAMC full lengths. Fart exactly like you will be farting on test day.

How does the frequency and wavelength of your fart change in response to increasing sphincter diameter and increasing release of acetylcholine to abdominal muscle neuromuscular junctions?

hahahaha one way to be a gunner. distract your fellow MCAT test takers by releasing nasty farts.

:laugh:

On a serious note, please be considerate to others around you :D

Lmfaoooooooo letting huge ones rip while wearing a gas mask and saying 'awwww yeeeeee! Settin the curve, destroyin the competition yeeee boyyyyyyyy'

3 premeds die, 1 from opening his mouth to inform the gunner that the curve was preset and killing others wouldnt improve his chances of getting to med school.