What Kind of Pet(s) Do You Have?

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

What Kind of Pet(s) Do You Have?

• Dog

Votes: 49 41.2%
  • Cat

Votes: 23 19.3%
  • Hamster/Gerbil

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Other Mammal

Votes: 2 1.7%
  • Bird

• Fish

• Reptile

Votes: 1 0.8%
  • Other (Exotic Pet)

Votes: 3 2.5%
  • Multiple Pets

Votes: 20 16.8%
  • No Pets

Votes: 17 14.3%

• Total voters

QofQuimica

Seriously, dude, I think you're overreacting....
Moderator Emeritus
Lifetime Donor
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
Wish I could have a cat, but my landlord isn't up for that. So instead, I have a beta fish named Inigo Montoya. (You killed his father. Prepare to die.) How about you?

Members don't see this ad.

Wish I could have a cat, but my landlord isn't up for that. So instead, I have a beta fish named Inigo Montoya. (You killed his father. Prepare to die.) How about you?

Inconceivable! I have a black sharpei/lab mix named Marley (got her before the movie came out).

Members don't see this ad :)
You keep using that word...I do not think it means what you think it means.....

Inigo Montoya is from "Princess Bride" and the villain says "Inconceivable" in a funny way many times throughout the movie. I am guessing that is why they said it.

I have a cat named Harry. I love cats.

Inigo Montoya is from "Princess Bride" and the villain says "Inconceivable" in a funny way many times throughout the movie. I am guessing that is why they said it.
I am assuming you are serious here....if not, sorry:

The line I wrote above was said by Montoya in the movie, in response to one of the many "inconceivable!" exclamations made. :D

Seeker was giving another quote of Inigo's. Evidently you need to re-watch the movie. ;)

I have a cat named Harry. I love cats.

Also, I am not they. Merely "he." :D

Anybody want a peanut?

I had two beta fish (not at the same time). They both died...they don't talk! It is hard to know what is wrong and the vets in the family were no help...we moved so I could have a dog. She is a mutt named Alice. Generally people agree she is part corgi...I just say "North American Dingo"

I have a hedgehog named Otto. He's an excellent pet for a med student. He's very self-sufficient, and can be more or less ignored for a few days in a row. He's cute, though, and I can play with him a bit when I have time.

I've got a lovable mutt named Bandit, who is part golden retriever, part coonhound, and part great dane. He's an all black, tall and lanky goofball.

an three "other mammals" :shifty:

That wasn't in reference to your children was it?

I had a young teacher introduce her self and tell us she had 4 kids. They were 4, 6, 10, and 34 :laugh:

wow that was a fail on my part. maybe it is because my wife hates that movie so she doesn't let me watch it as often as I would like. i will rewatch it so I don't make a fool out of myself more. carry on.

Members don't see this ad :)
wow that was a fail on my part. maybe it is because my wife hates that movie so she doesn't let me watch it as often as I would like. i will rewatch it so I don't make a fool out of myself more. carry on.

As you wish...

I have two dogs, one is mine one is my husband's. I have both of them in MN... A jack russell terrorist and a blue-heeler/german shepard mix... The smart one is mine, the dumb bouncy one is his...

Previously I've owned chinchillas, lizards, and frogs... and I grew up with a 14ft burmese python... ;)

I have a most excellent miniature dachshund who would make a fabulous therapy dog (really - he usually just curls up with me unless someone in the house is getting sick or is sick. Then I can't pry him away from them.) He also catches mice, chases snakes, moles, groundhogs, and sleeps under the covers at night in bed with us.

My husband has a total lovable loyal clumsy dorky dimwit of a chocolate lab.

Big, 85 lb. American Staffordshire. White and brindle. He's my baby boy :)

Anybody want a peanut?

I had two beta fish (not at the same time). They both died...they don't talk! It is hard to know what is wrong and the vets in the family were no help...we moved so I could have a dog. She is a mutt named Alice. Generally people agree she is part corgi...I just say "North American Dingo"

:p

I'm stealing N.A. dingo and adding it to my armamentarium of stupid sayings. Strong work!

Sent from my Android phone using Tapatalk

Two kitties: Miss Moneypenny and Little Cat.

I can't even remember what it's like to live without lint in my life.

I have three dogs. Two dachshunds and a blue tick/lab mix.

I have 4 cats...Sophie who looks like she's pregnant with 20 kittens, but she's really just fat, Kelly, who weighs all of about 9 lbs, and a brother & sister pair named Jack and Jill. Then there are the dogs...an 80 lb German Shepherd named Abbie, and a 60 lb black lab mix named Dog. And they're all indoor animals. There are times (ok, lots of times) when I think I have 6 animals too many. Sigh...but I love em all to pieces.

I have a 17 yo parrot and my landlord has just given us permission to get a few chickens (I rent an 1800 farmhouse on a ton of land).

Dog, horse, couple cats. Plus I keep trying to wrangle the BF into getting me a bunny or a hermit crab. I'm a total farm girl at heart.

Three awesome cats. Two littermates courtesy of an animal rescue organization and one ridiculously friendly former stray.

We used to have two rats but they died a few years ago. Note: if you ever have rats as pets, be prepared to never ever participate in a rat lab again. I had to leave a lab this summer because I just could NOT cut their brains open...

I have a most excellent miniature dachshund who would make a fabulous therapy dog (really - he usually just curls up with me unless someone in the house is getting sick or is sick. Then I can't pry him away from them.) He also catches mice, chases snakes, moles, groundhogs, and sleeps under the covers at night in bed with us.

My husband has a total lovable loyal clumsy dorky dimwit of a chocolate lab.

Oh. My. Gosh. You have you have a clumsy, dimwit lab, too?

Three awesome cats. Two littermates courtesy of an animal rescue organization and one ridiculously friendly former stray.

We used to have two rats but they died a few years ago. Note: if you ever have rats as pets, be prepared to never ever participate in a rat lab again. I had to leave a lab this summer because I just could NOT cut their brains open...

It just so happens that your friend here is only mostly dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive.

"Ehhh...look who knows so much.."

;)

It just so happens that your friend here is only mostly dead. There's a big difference between mostly dead and all dead. Mostly dead is slightly alive.

"Wait. Wait. I make him better, Humperdinck suffers"??
"Humiliations galore"
"That is a noble cause. Give me the sixty-five, I'm on the job"

Someone has to have a pet called Humperdink.

How about a cat with 6 toes on it's right front paw named Count Rugen?? That would be perfect

salt water aquarium w/fish, coral, and many other inertebrates, large parrot, cornish rex cat, and a boxer

I have 2 parakeets.They're tiny in size but their squawk would make any pitbull cower in a corner. :laugh:

I have 2 parakeets.They're tiny in size but their squawk would make any pitbull cower in a corner. :laugh:

:laugh: I used to have a 'keet years ago, and man was he a noisy little dude. They make really fun pets though.

my parents had a parakeet when I was a kid, it could talk a bit (say hi, hello, and call the dog)... it would eat off your plate, sit on your shoulder etc... was really cool until it flew outside @-20F...

was really cool until it flew outside @-20F...

He was still probably pretty cool after that. Just a little too cool.

I had a couple of parakeets when I was a kiddo, but they were bonded with each other and not terribly social with people as a result. One of them would sit on my finger for a second or two, but that was the extent of it. They were super pretty, though, and I loved listening to them chat with each other.

hK8an.jpg

We (my husband and I) have 3 female Great Danes. One's a show dog, the other two are "just" pets, all 3 are spoiled rotten :p

We (my husband and I) have 3 female Great Danes. One's a show dog, the other two are "just" pets, all 3 are spoiled rotten :p
I love great danes. We had one when I was a kid, a harlequin. People used to tell my dad that she was the biggest dalmation they had ever seen. :laugh:

I love great danes. We had one when I was a kid, a harlequin. People used to tell my dad that she was the biggest dalmation they had ever seen. :laugh:

That's not a dalmation it's a COW

Two of them are harles, the other is a brindle, and they're the best dogs ever, but I'm hugely biased... :p

Eldest "child" @ 5:
120.jpg

Middle "child" - is stone deaf, she was born that way @ 3:
044-2.jpg

Youngest "child" - the diva show dog @ 18 months:
118.jpg

I highly recommend them!

We have three pets. One pug named Torgo, and two cats, Dylan and Daphne. Too much excitement, the pug is not quite a year old and drives the cats crazy. :smuggrin:

We have three pets. One pug named Torgo, and two cats, Dylan and Daphne. Too much excitement, the pug is not quite a year old and drives the cats crazy. :smuggrin:

The master approves of your choice in n-n-names.....

We have 2 big, goofy Airedales, hence the "doubledale" handle!