This girl was born to go into Dermatology

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.
Status
Not open for further replies.

flatearth22

10+ Year Member
15+ Year Member
Reaction score
[youtube]CVL99JC2VtE[/youtube]

She starts talking about her med school experience at 9:20 of the video

would wife/10

Members don't see this ad.

22 mins... I'm not watching that...

Will say I think when you end up in derm, you're either

a.) hot already

b.) become hot while you're in residency.

The latter is probably due to my theory that they sit around and give each other cosmetic treatments all day.

Do people really "sit in their room and cry" when they go somewhere new and don't yet know anyone???

PS: Yep, def derm material.

:laugh: Exactly what I said.

She's kind of annoying. And she kept contradicting herself.

Members don't see this ad :)
Do people really "sit in their room and cry" when they go somewhere new and don't yet know anyone???

I wouldn't go that far, but I remember transferring to Vanderbilt three years ago, and it was really difficult for the first couple months (not referring to academics). I'm a pretty social person, but I can see why someone would do that.

Well I meant she was born to go into her Derm because of her skin care/beauty interests:

[youtube]j6lsvru4PFg[/youtube]

[youtube]WvrTgHGlT9k[/youtube]

[youtube]2LwgzA5Ctos[/youtube]

"...but I asked in my last video and a lot of you were interested in seeing this." more like interested in seeing you :rolleyes::D:cool:

this chick's level of hotness = VERY high!!

Bro this is my sister, not cool...:thumbdown:

Just because one loves sports does not mean that they'll have the scores to match into ortho. Now, apply the same logic to dermatology

Just because one loves sports does not mean that they'll have the scores to match into ortho. Now, apply the same logic to dermatology

:thumbup:

she tends to ramble.... is this just some sort of video blog thing that got taken out of context?

Yeah, just because she isn't an ugly asian or indian female (no offense to asian or indian girls), but a good looking white girl means she is stupid, right? Is that the logic here?

I sincerely hope she ends up getting a higher Step score than you next year buddy.

Yeah, just because she isn't an ugly asian or indian female (no offense to asian or indian girls), but a good looking white girl means she is stupid, right? Is that the logic here?

I sincerely hope she ends up getting a higher Step score than you next year buddy.

inb4 **** storm

Members don't see this ad :)
i thought you were a girl flatearth22.... or are you? (real question, no offense)

i'm so confused nowadays....

She used way too many hand gestures, moved her eyes around way too much and used the word "like" way too many times for me to finish watching this video...

I don't understand someone sitting in a room and crying because of not knowing anyone. Poor girl.

That being said, I also don't understand the attractive=derm theory.
It creeps me out that someone would watch this video because he/she finds this person attractive...

my thought process:

"oh wow...she is quite cute"

"okay, mhmm scrolling to 9:20"

"oh wow.. going to her room and cried, that's a bit sad"

"mhmm"

".....what.... the.... hell..... am I doing with my life watching this #*$#...."

I was skipping around and randomly started at a part that went "so I met this guy and we ended up going back to his room..."

What school does she go to? How youuuuu doin :eyebrow:

my thought process:

"mhmm"

".....what.... the.... hell..... am I doing with my life watching this #*$#...."

Spot on.

my thought process:

"mhmm"

watched 6 minutes after 9:20 mark and I started wondering the same. Who on earth actually watched all 22 mins? And lol what if one of her group of friends finds the video or someone from her school lmao :laugh:

Not even cute. Just regular.

Seems like a nice girl though, but nothing she said was new. It's all been embedded into our premed brains. Major in something you like, join a club, blah blah blah.

Even though I'm only in my second year of college and my mind could technically change at any moment I can't see myself doing anything that's not medically related. I think about medicine everyday. I know I don't post here a lot, but I'm here faithfully. It's becoming quite tiring knowing everything I have to do in order to become a physician.

good thing you said no offense which nullifies any malicious intent, otherwise your statement would have been racist.

I don't think anyone is judging her based on skin color.

Also, why can't hot Asian and Indian girls be smart as well?

Too bad I already took step I--womp, womp

I don't understand why you are angry at me: I think you misunderstood my point. My point was that people stereotype and pigeonhole people into what their specialties should be, i.e. if a guy is athletic, obviously he's going to go into ortho. I took issue with FlatEarth's assumption that just because this girl is pretty and has great skin that she's destined to be a dermatologist. For any competitive specialty--such as derm--it doesn't matter if you're attractive to other people or not; if you don't have the third year clinical grades, research, and Step I score, you're probably not going to match. Besides, who's to say a woman who likes wearing makeup and dresses doesn't want to become an orthopedic or neurosurgeon. The reasons for choosing a particular medical specialty are multifactorial, and it's myopic to assume individuals will chose a particular field based solely on their looks.

I don't think anyone is judging her based on skin color.

Also, why can't hot Asian and Indian girls be smart as well?

kXRpY.jpg

You can def tell shes a first semester M1 with those study habits and optimism haha

And if that chick aint cute...you must have some pretty hot girls where you go to school....bc in my class shed def be like a 8/10

You can def tell shes a first semester M1 with those study habits and optimism haha

And if that chick aint cute...you must have some pretty hot girls where you go to school....bc in my class shed def be like a 8/10

Also lol at her "they're just not going to make it!" comment referring to the ones partying.

Pray tell, how is one NOT supposed to take offense at that?

Also lol at her "they're just not going to make it!" comment referring to the ones partying.

haha I think ive partied more in med school than in undergrad and grad school and high school combined

does she ever say if she's osteopathic or allopathic? after that long intro i'm assuming she's osteo

"...but I asked in my last video and a lot of you were interested in seeing this." more like interested in seeing you :rolleyes::D:cool:

this chick's level of hotness = VERY high!!

Seriously? She's barely a 6 in my view and barely a 5 by my 14-yo brother's standards. Not to be facetious but if this girl is considered "hot," I sure as hell am going to be swimming in the dudes the minute I matriculate. #cantwait

Too bad I already took step I--womp, womp

I don't understand why you are angry at me: I think you misunderstood my point. My point was that people stereotype and pigeonhole people into what their specialties should be, i.e. if a guy is athletic, obviously he's going to go into ortho. I took issue with FlatEarth's assumption that just because this girl is pretty and has great skin that she's destined to be a dermatologist. For any competitive specialty--such as derm--it doesn't matter if you're attractive to other people or not; if you don't have the third year clinical grades, research, and Step I score, you're probably not going to match. Besides, who's to say a woman who likes wearing makeup and dresses doesn't want to become an orthopedic or neurosurgeon. The reasons for choosing a particular medical specialty are multifactorial, and it's myopic to assume individuals will chose a particular field based solely on their looks.

Look, this girl is both ditzy and ugly. She has no chance of either getting into a competitive specialty or getting a high-flying alpha attending surgeon to commit to her.

I agree with you that it's stupid to stereotype. In my experience, the smartest people always rise to the top and can find ways to enhance their appearance upon getting there. E.g., I know of a girl who just didn't take care of herself until she started getting derm interviews and, after a brief hair/makeup/clothes makeover, she landed a residency at Yale and is now doing really well for herself. Fixing stupidity or personality isn't as easy as dropping $100 on a haircut, shimmying into a $800 dress, and buying a pair of $500 shoes.

Look, this girl is both ditzy and ugly. She has no chance of either getting into a competitive specialty or getting a high-flying alpha attending surgeon to commit to her.

You really can't make this judgement based on some crappy homemade webcam videos. Yes, she comes across as ditzy, but she may be incredibly smart. A friend of mine acts way worse than this girl and she just matched derm with no problem.

To say she's ugly is probably an opinion outside of the 95% CI. She may not be a super model, but I wouldn't go so far as to call her ugly. I'd also be interested in seeing a picture of you since you've gone on about your hotness.

Well I meant she was born to go into her Derm because of her skin care/beauty interests:

[YOUTUBE]j6lsvru4PFg[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]WvrTgHGlT9k[/YOUTUBE]

[YOUTUBE]2LwgzA5Ctos[/YOUTUBE]

Maintaining an interest in beauty and skin care is usual for girls my age (18-24) as we're genetically programmed to want to appear as attractive as we can to get LTRs and such. Such an interest doesn't mean that she's going to have the grades to get into derm, it just means that she might have more interesting things to say about in terms of pharma, products, and such. I'd be interested to see what the highly esteemed Skinceutical :rolleyes: has to say about the topic.

You really can't make this judgement based on some crappy homemade webcam videos. Yes, she comes across as ditzy, but she may be incredibly smart. A friend of mine acts way worse than this girl and she just matched derm with no problem.

To say she's ugly is probably an opinion outside of the 95% CI. She may not be a super model, but I wouldn't go so far as to call her ugly. I'd also be interested in seeing a picture of you since you've gone on about your hotness.

Meh, she'll be pretty to someone somewhere but she's certainly nowhere near a 10/10. If she's acting dumb as a reproductive strategy to attract men who may be intimidated by her breaking into the medical profession, she might be better served by changing her tactics to act like a damsel in distress instead of like the damsel who induces distress.

Seriously? She's barely a 6 in my view and barely a 5 by my 14-yo brother's standards. Not to be facetious but if this girl is considered "hot," I sure as hell am going to be swimming in the dudes the minute I matriculate. #cantwait

1) Why are you showing your 14 year old brother that video?

2) He probably just said that so it wouldn't hurt your feelings.

3) Did he happen to go and take a long shower after he saw the video? :laugh:

4) If you're not "swimming in the dudes" now, you certainly won't be after you matriculate in med school....that only works for guys.

5) This isn't Twitter

jelly.jpg

+1 Her voice was killing me, I had to stop after a couple minutes.

such high importance imparted to having peoples numbers..... just actually watched the med school part. she reminds me a little of a girl in my class. Legally er..... Medically Blond, anyone?

everybody is hating on her because she's pretty, she's a woman, and she's going to medical school....?

i found her video to be heartfelt and genuine.

I agree with you that it's stupid to stereotype. In my experience, the smartest people always rise to the top and can find ways to enhance their appearance upon getting there. E.g., I know of a girl who just didn't take care of herself until she started getting derm interviews and, after a brief hair/makeup/clothes makeover, she landed a residency at Yale and is now doing really well for herself. Fixing stupidity or personality isn't as easy as dropping $100 on a haircut, shimmying into a $800 dress, and buying a pair of $500 shoes.

lol.

your-high-horse.jpg

Just to be physiologically correct, but I'm pretty sure the "dudes" swim inside you?

Dirty jokes are fun...

Just to be physiologically correct, but I'm pretty sure the "dudes" swim inside you?

Dirty jokes are fun...

I literally laughed to the point where I fell off my chair.

Status
Not open for further replies.