**The Official Tennsessee College of Dentistry 2017 Acceptance Thread**

Champ24

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
This is a thread to let all of us share scores, gpa, and volunteering hours to get a better feel for how we fair with the upcoming application process.

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
I think that if those are really your stats, and you got wait listed, you either applied really late and/or I absolutely have no chance of getting in...

:(

Members don't see this ad :)
My scores are: 21 PA, 18 QR, 23 RC, 22 BS, 19 GC, 21 OC, 21 TS, 21 AA. My GPA is 3.97 overall and 3.95 science. I have about 100 hours of shadowing, 250 hours of research, and lots of extracurricular activities. I'm a Tennessee resident. I'm crossing my fingers... Good luck to everyone applying to Tennessee. I hope to see you in dental school next year!

Im in GA, but will apply to Tennessee this year. I didnt plan on it, but someone from the school talked me into it. I always figured applying OOS to a public school is pretty much a long shot at best but if you dont apply, you got 0% chance of getting in. It seems like the stats of the other people in this chat are incredbile and should have no trouble getting accepted. I myself am nowhere near those stats but seems like Im close enough to the schools average scores and GPA so will give it a shot. Good luck to everyone!

Im in GA, but will apply to Tennessee this year. I didnt plan on it, but someone from the school talked me into it. I always figured applying OOS to a public school is pretty much a long shot at best but if you dont apply, you got 0% chance of getting in. It seems like the stats of the other people in this chat are incredbile and should have no trouble getting accepted. I myself am nowhere near those stats but seems like Im close enough to the schools average scores and GPA so will give it a shot. Good luck to everyone!

I'd say that it would be worth applying. I think I saw on the dental stats excel sheet that Tennessee accepts 44% OOS applicants. Plus, being from GA will give you an advantage with that whole Southeast sticks together thing lol

That and having someone put in a good word for me at the school doesnt hurt either

I'd say that it would be worth applying. I think I saw on the dental stats excel sheet that Tennessee accepts 44% OOS applicants. Plus, being from GA will give you an advantage with that whole Southeast sticks together thing lol

Out of 87 seats 33 this year will be for Arkansas which is where you get the inflated oos percentage. Can't remember exactly but maybe 7 are for other oos applicants.

I received an interview on Aug. 3, and on the next morning, I was asked by the associate dean if I can start dental school in two days, today. I guess a student didn't enroll this year, and he asked the recruiting members if he can take me. I am a Texas resident and am waiting for interviews from Texas schools due to convenience and money. So I declined his offer. I am still worrying because Tennessee is the school that I would go to if I don't get into a school in Texas. Tell me what u guys think. My AA is 23, TS: 25, bio: 24, gen chem: 24, o.chem: 29, RC: 19, QR: 19, PAT: 22. My overall GPA is 3.2 and my post bacc Gpa is 3.88. I sure hope that I made the right decision by waiting on Texas. I also hope that I stil am accepted into Tennessee for 2013.

Wow, if they asked me to come there tonight I wouldn't even bother packing any bags to get there as fast as possible lol...but with those stats you should have a great chance at a state school for you

Klee, I think you have a great chance at your instate schools with those stats! Memphis is pretty expensive for OOS. You would have been in the class with my friend at Memphis! I am in-state, so hopefully, I will get accepted this cycle. *crosses fingers*

Received my interview invite today. AADSAS mailed my app last Friday--8th batch. Anyone else?

Looks like my app goes out this Friday (hopefully), looking forward to getting my interview and seeing the facilities

Members don't see this ad :)
I have an interview this Friday. Anyone else interviewing 9/14?

Just received an interview invite!!!!! I'm also an OOS student.
3.82 Science GPA
3.81 Overall GPA
18AA/18TS/19PAT

Anyone else OOS got an invite today?

Hey Araz, I'm shooting to interview next Friday if they still have slots.
Have you heard much about the interview and what it's like (other than what's stated in the email)?

I also retook the DAT today and got 20AA/19TS/21PAT
Hopefully that will give me a slight edge over the other OOS'ers.

How long did it take you guys to hear back from the school after they sent you an email confirming they received your application? I got an email from them September 14th saying they received my application, but haven't heard from them since.

Still have not heard anything. I received the 'application received' email on 8/1. Any of the OOS people with interviews mind sharing your state of residence?

I'm a Georgia applicant. Still waiting to see what's going on with Tennessee this year.

I got a confirmation email that my application was received on July 20th and received an email inviting me for an interview on September 7th. Im OOS from Alabama

Anyone know if everyone will find out on the 3rd? I remember he said it would definitely be by phone call. Just wondering if all 90 calls will be made that day or not.

I've heard that UT updates the AADSAS status at 8am on Dec 3rd but calls throughout the day alphabetically in order of last name. Just what I've heard through the grapevine, however

Did anyone else get an AADSAS status change today??

Hey, everyone check your mobile status! Mine changed to 'offer made'!!!!

The word on the street is that ADEA AADSAS forgot to switch the mobile portal to update on Monday Dec. 3rd instead of Saturday Dec. 1st. The result was that everyone who was curious enough to check before about 11am central time on Dec. 1st was able to see their actual updated status. Then ADEA AADSAS realized their mistake and blanked out all decision statuses on AADSAS mobile portal.

Mine never changed from "invited for interview" to "offer made" (while status viewing was available) and is therefore most likely going to display that I was wait listed or rejected. Either way this warrants a sad face: :( Congrats to all those accepted! Not that anyone is following this thread, as evident from the lack of chatter, but I will post back on Dec. 3rd.

Last edited:
I feel that since mine didn't change I have zero chance, hoping for the best though! good luck everyone!

So my unchanged status on the regular AADSAS website and my status changed from "invited for interview" to blank is a bad thing then..?

So my unchanged status on the regular AADSAS website and my status changed from "invited for interview" to blank is a bad thing then..?

No, it's not a bad thing. Everyones is blank now. If you missed the small window of time that aadsas goofed up on and allowed everyone to see their status early, then you have no way of knowing until tomorrow what your new status will be.

It seems like UTHSC already put in the computer who they were accepting and who they weren't before Dec. 1, and when the clock struck 12:00am the night of Nov. 29th, the computer automatically updated peoples statuses.

Last edited:
Ok..and yes sadly I guess I did miss the small window of opportunity to see it since I didnt check until noon today..but you really think midnight tonight? Can't wait!!

Ok..and yes sadly I guess I did miss the small window of opportunity to see it since I didnt check until noon today..but you really think midnight tonight? Can't wait!!

I saw someone else wrote 8am tomorrow, but if you have nothing else to do tomorrow, why not check tonight? I personally am just going to wait until tomorrow morning. Good luck!

The sad thing is if it isnt updated until 8 am I will have been up and already at work and living in the agony of not knowing and having to find out around coworkers..

Has anyone heard anything yet or aadsas status updates?

Ive got the call!!! man im pumped! Lets get a facebook page for all who will be going this fall, i tried to create one but i didnt know who to add LOL

That's awesome. my aadsas shows offer made but no phone call yet, do you mind sharing what your last name starts with?

Congrats, everyone!

@Chem1234: what does your last name start with?

post the link to the facebook group you created on here so we can join!

I'm near the end of the alphabet, so hopefully, my call will be before lunchtime! Lol