Biology Notes (Cliff + Kaplan)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

bangity

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
These are the Notes I made (very specific) from both Kaplan and Cliff. I spend almost 3 weeks typing them. Enjoy!

https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2511896/Biology notes (Cliff AP).docx
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2511896/Biology Notes (KBB).docx

In Cliff, it says NO lysosomes in plant cells but new paper out there suggests Plant cells do have lysosomes.
http://www.plantcell.org/content/10/5/685.full

Math Formula Anki:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2511896/Anki/Dat%20Math%20Formula.anki

Dat KBB Anki:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2511896/Anki/Dat KBB Bio.anki

Dat Destroyer Bio Anki:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2511896/Anki/Dat Destroyer Bio - Random.anki

Dat Cliff Anki:
https://dl.dropbox.com/u/2511896/Anki/Dat Cliff Bio.anki

I assume that the images are already linked with my dropbox public folder. Therefore, I do not think you guys need to download and link (too much trouble). Just download the anki files and load it with anki.

I recommend create an anki account and then sync it with your android/iphone so you can study on the go.

============================================
Please report any errors!! Errors are corrected into Anki from those notes. The errors are mostly typo. Thus, it is fine to study from either one.
============================================

I am going back to watch Chad and do Destroyer 2nd times :D

Good luck studying!!!

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Reactions: 9 users
So. Awesome. Pretty soon people will be citing "Bangity's Notes" (or whatever you decide to name them) in their breakdowns. Awesome! Thanks so much!!!!

Reactions: 1 user
Members don't see this ad :)
Awesome!! Thank you for posting these! Now I can compare my Cliifs with yours, and my KBB with yours and Alans!

i don't have much on heart in the notes b/c I just finished 1 year of anatomy and physiology with cadaver so I know a lot about them.

Members don't see this ad :)
for those of you that printed the notes out, how did you reformat the margins so text doesn't get cut off?

Go to format > Document > Layout.... Press OK and it should show you a pop up that tells you "one or more of the margins are set outside the printable area"

Select the fix button as it tells you and then you should be good....

When you go to print another error will pop up saying the footer is out of wack, but this shouldnt effect the ability to see all of the document when printer. Just did these steps and it worked fine for me.

MS Word for mac 2011

Go to format > Document > Layout.... Press OK and it should show you a pop up that tells you "one or more of the margins are set outside the printable area"

When you go to print another error will pop up saying the footer is out of wack, but this shouldnt effect the ability to see all of the document when printer. Just did these steps and it worked fine for me.

MS Word for mac 2011

awesome. it worked. thanks

MS Word for mac 2011

Haha, that's nice. I just used EcoPrint and it just shrinked everything a little bit in.

I actually am adding more notes into the Cliff for more detail after I finish the destroyer bio. and will update as additional pages so you guys just have to print the extra ones.

Wow, as someone who hasn't spent too much time on these forums, things like this are absolutely amazing. Thank you for sharing your work and effort bangity. It is greatly appreciated and I can tell that it must have taken a long time :)

Does this mean I don't need to read KBB or AP cliff anymore?:laugh:

Yes, you don't need to read Cliff and KBB anymore, except on blood circulation since I didn't take any notes on it (it was very easy for me). I am finishing up Anki notes for both of these ntoes including destroyer.

They are still downloadable. I just checked.

Yes, you don't need to read Cliff and KBB anymore, except on blood circulation since I didn't take any notes on it (it was very easy for me). I am finishing up Anki notes for both of these ntoes including destroyer.

They are still downloadable. I just checked.

Thanks for typing them out !

also, do plants have lysosomes? I checked my bio I notes today and saw that only animals have them???

for the ANKI notes, do I just download this?
http://ankisrs.net/

then what do i do next?

Last edited:
The notes you studied from are not the most recent research. Google new research document and found that plants do have lysosomes. Download anki app there but i have not completed the flashcards, probably next week.

I will read Campbell 18-21 for any short comings of these notes and make additional flash cards.

All of this materials are sufficient for the dat bio assuming that you memorized and understood all the notes. The flashcards only help you memorize.

Thank you so much Bangity! sick name btw. I'm sorry if it's a stupid question but how does anki work? So I download the app then load your file to it somehow and it will turn the info into flashcards? Or do you have to make your own flashcards?

Thank you

Thank you so much Bangity! sick name btw. I'm sorry if it's a stupid question but how does anki work? So I download the app then load your file to it somehow and it will turn the info into flashcards? Or do you have to make your own flashcards?

Thank you

No NO NO, this is docx. Flash cards are not done yet. I will write instruction when that's done.

The notes you studied from are not the most recent research. Google new research document and found that plants do have lysosomes. Download anki app there but i have not completed the flashcards, probably next week.

I will read Campbell 18-21 for any short comings of these notes and make additional flash cards.

All of this materials are sufficient for the dat bio assuming that you memorized and understood all the notes. The flashcards only help you memorize.

Thanks. Please post on this thread once you finish the flashcards:laugh:

There is a typo in Cliff notes document. SA/V ratio section where Volume equation is 4/3pi r^3.

Cliff is taking me long to make Anki, please be patient. The longest will be Wednesday of Next Week. It includes more diagrams than the word notes.

Someone sticky this!!!

Bangity boss whenever you find an error please correct it and update the file. Thanks!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Tapatalk 2

Certainly, I am checking every line and correct it in the Anki notes. There are like only 2 errors in the first 10 pages so don't worry and they are not important. Study Anki when it is finished. It is better than reading the notes alone.

Anki Notes for Destroyer KBB Cliff are done with over 80 diagrams and images :D

I will upload tomorrow

Reactions: 1 user
Anki Notes for Destroyer KBB Cliff are done with over 80 diagrams and images :D

I will upload tomorrow

Sounds amazing, I was going to get anki but I figured 11 days till my exam, I dont have time sorting through al of it.

I use your notes for cliffs. Im liking thems o far, its nice reading someone elses notes lol

UPLOADED!!! :D :D :D

This project took me 2 months on and off. Please report errors.

I am sorry for the long anki flash cards. I do not want to break it into every single definition since it is longer to make and harder to group the content of each subject.

Anki has the sharing disabled until 2.0 is released later this month. Download those .anki files. Open Anki, Click File - Open and choose the decks.

Once opened. Go to Tools - Advanced - Download Missing Media

Anki has the sharing disabled until 2.0 is released later this month. Download those .anki files. Open Anki, Click File - Open and choose the decks.

Once opened. Go to Tools - Advanced - Download Missing Media

Awesome :)
Whatd you get on your bio btw?

I am still studying for my Dat in August. I usually average around 22-23 on Bio Qvault, and 25 on CDP PAT. I haven't tested the other sections yet.

What do you think of datQvault ? I am thinking of buying it bangity. Should I purchase Topscore also ? Or just Qvault. As of right now I'm studying from .. cliff ap bio, dat destroyer, dat math destroyer, your notes and anki and also purchasing crack dat pat soon. Should I buy TOPSCORE OR DATQVAULT....or ACHIEVER?

Last edited: