DAT done (07/16/2012)

This forum made possible through the generous support of SDN members, donors, and sponsors. Thank you.

findingnemo13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Here are my DAT scores from today:

PA 22 (90.9%)
QR 20 (88.3%)
RC 21 (77.1%)
BIO 19 (75.3%)
GC 20 (75.5%)
OC 18 (55.3%) :(
TS 19 (72.7%)
AA 20 (83.7%)

Breakdown: Overall, I thought the exam was quite difficult and different from what I had practiced. Unfortunately, I believe the majority of my scores reflect that. The questions (especially biology) were not at all straight forward and required interpretation. RC was not a lot of S/D, etc.
Here is what I used to study:

Biology: KBB, Cliff's AP Bio, Chad's Videos, and Alan's Notes.
Gen Chem: KBB, Chad's Videos, DAT Destroyer
Orgo Chem: KBB, Chad's Videos, DAT Destroyer
PAT: CDP 10 Test Version (which I was getting 23-25 on (not reflected in my PAT score))
QR: Math Destroyer, Chad's Videos. (Actually test was about half of the stuff covered in Math destroyer)
RC: Kaplan Course Materials

Overall, the Kaplan course was a complete waste of money. I will be writing them a letter. Chad's and DAT Destroyer were probably the best two resources. I did them all once and ever really caught on to the complexity of the destroyer orgo stuff, which I spent alot of time studying. It is far too difficult for the real exam and you should not waste your time on it. Learn the basics and you will do just fine. If you have any questions, please let me know. I really enjoyed reading the breakdowns of other SDNers, so hopefully I can help someone in return. I'm exhausted, it's been a long, long day!

cGPA: 3.61
sGPA: 3.52

Hopefully these scores are good enough to get me into some schools. What do you think my chances look like? I have over 900 hrs of dental experience, including work as an assistant in and endodontic office. In addition, I have lots of EC involvement. Let me know what you think!!

My application has been sent to:

Tufts
Boston U
Conn
Maryland
VCU
Louisville
NYU
Case Western
Pitt
Temple
UNE
Dalhousie

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
Great job!!
I'm so happy for you :)
You should not have a problem getting in esp with your gpa!

No worries!

It's scary that your test was so hard! Especially since you couldn't do search and destroy, and that a lot of material came from math destroyer. Math destroyer is ridiculously hard for me. And I'm getting 19-21 on CDP. Looks like they might be starting to make the DAT a little harder?

Members don't see this ad :)
It's scary that your test was so hard! Especially since you couldn't do search and destroy, and that a lot of material came from math destroyer. Math destroyer is ridiculously hard for me. And I'm getting 19-21 on CDP. Looks like they might be starting to make the DAT a little harder?

If they start making it harder, then the AA will probably go down..and maybe they won't expect as much out of us! Lol.