|07-28-2012, 05:07 PM||#1|
technicians filling CS in CA
SDN Members don't see this ad. (About Ads)
I am taking CPJE on Tuesday, and I was doing the practice questions on the PSI Handbook. I donít understand why #24 is the specified answer:
24. A pharmacy clerk is typing a prescription for zolpidem. The
pharmacy clerk pulls the medication from the stock and hands
it to the pharmacy technician to fill. The technician fills the
prescription and hands it to the pharmacist for the final
verification. Which of the following actions should the
1. Verify that the prescription was filled correctly, sign the
prescription, and dispense the medication.
2. Do not dispense the medication since a pharmacy clerk
cannot type new prescriptions.
3. Do not dispense the medication since a pharmacy clerk
cannot pull the medication from the stock.
4. Do not dispense the medication since the pharmacy
technician cannot fill controlled substances.
A. 1 only
B. 2 and 3 only
C. 2 and 4 only
D. 3 and 4 only
It states the correct answer is D. I do not understand why #4 is true. Pharmacy technicians can totally count controlled substances in CA, last I checked.
All times are GMT -7. The time now is 05:23 AM.