**** The Official UoP Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread ****

Vaheb

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
All UoP updates go here :)

Cheers

Members don't see this ad.

Last edited:
The Class of 2017 starts applying next year...

This school's calendar is what makes this place unique (i.e. 3-year program vs 4-year program).

Members don't see this ad :)
Spoke to an AdCom member and was told that they're having a big meeting next week so interview invitations will start going out after that. They're looking to conduct interviews in October. ::Fingers crossed!!!::

Anyone's portal has application status updated? Mine still says "Waiting for Review" since Jul 16..

Mine says the same on UoP portal. waiting for review since 7/30

mines been the same since early july.

don't worry. If they update the portal you'll get an email that there is a status change. Might not get it the moment the status changes but you can save yourself the trouble of checking everyday.

Strange...the lady told me they would start next week after their "big meeting"...GUESS NOT. Either way, hope to hear from them sooooonnnn!!! :xf:

I just called them...they told me they have not send out ANY invites...:confused:

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey guys, I just added a few schools to my application and UoP was one of them. AADSAS mailed it out today and I already received the "application received" email from them. It said to allow 2-3 weeks for processing.

At the start of the cycle I was completely opposed to leaving the east coast, but I've been reading about UoP and it's becoming one of my favorite schools and one of my top choices. I wish I had applied sooner.

I was wondering, do you think 8/31 was too late of a submission to have a chance at a pre-Dec 1st interview? I've been trying to search for people that received interviews with late submissions from previous cycles but it's difficult to find data. Thanks!

Hey guys, I just added a few schools to my application and UoP was one of them. AADSAS mailed it out today and I already received the "application received" email from them. It said to allow 2-3 weeks for processing.

At the start of the cycle I was completely opposed to leaving the east coast, but I've been reading about UoP and it's becoming one of my favorite schools and one of my top choices. I wish I had applied sooner.

I was wondering, do you think 8/31 was too late of a submission to have a chance at a pre-Dec 1st interview? I've been trying to search for people that received interviews with late submissions from previous cycles but it's difficult to find data. Thanks!

Nope, in my opinion you are now just two to three weeks behind everyone else (probably less because they are receiving so many fewer new apps at this time). If UoP has begun sending out interview invites (which is debatable) they have only done so recently. Good Luck. UoP is a long shot for me, but I had to try to make up for the year lost reapplying.

Spoke to an AdCom member and was told that they're having a big meeting next week so interview invitations will start going out after that. They're looking to conduct interviews in October. ::Fingers crossed!!!::
Wonder whether the big meeting is over!:rolleyes:

I just got a call from UoP yesterday for an interview, first one! Also one of my top choices :D

I'm reposting what I had in other threads:

School: University of the Pacific
Notification date: 9/4/12
Method of notification: phone call
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/17/12, completion for UoP 7/27/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.34, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/24, none below 17
Interview scheduled for 10/4, but they offered 10/4, 10/11, 10/15

The lady on the phone also said she was calling a lot of people but many of them were going to voicemail...so, if you see a random number with a 415 area code (San Francisco's area code) answer it!! Good luck everyone :)

Yeah I also got an invite about a week ago they called me I chose Oct. 11, still need to book a flight though!

Congrats to everyone who got interviews so far!! Did your status change on AADSAS before the interview notification?

Yeah I also got an invite about a week ago they called me I chose Oct. 11, still need to book a flight though!

What were your stats if you don't mind sharing?

Congrats to everyone who got interviews so far!! Did your status change on AADSAS before the interview notification?

Thanks! My AADSAS status didn't change, I heard many schools only update AADSAS once a week or every other week even...but the UoP status didn't change either, it still says "Waiting for Review" and hasn't been updated since 8/03/2012

What were your stats if you don't mind sharing?

Originally Posted by 88xaja
Hey guys so I've searched the forums extensively to find someone with similar stats as me but I have yet to find anything.

GPA: 3.3
sGPA: 3.25
DAT (AA/TS/PAT: 27/30/24)

Anyways I'm in a bit of a unique situation and not sure how to approach it, I have a high enough DAT (AA/TS/PAT: 27/30/24) to apply pretty much anywhere but a GPA that is lower than basically all entering classes. I want to apply to UoP, UW, UCSF, Boston, Nova, and Columbia.

I am done with my undergrad and I finished with about a 3.3 GPA and a 3.25 sGPA but it seems AADSAS does their own calculations so I think my "calculated" GPA will drop down just a bit.

I'm not sure what to do. Will my GPA hold me back from admission or can I ride my DAT scores into a decent school? Should I change my list and apply to "easier" schools and possibly newer schools that might have easier admission like a LECOM or Roseman? (even though all dental schools seem difficult to get into)

I'd appreciate any advice and thanks for your time and input!

^^clearly 88xaja has phenomenal DAT scores, UoP will love you!!

Congratuation guys! I guess invitation is really sending out within this week... I also heard that UoP interview to accept! Then if I don't get an invitation within this or even next week, is it over for me?

Congratuation guys! I guess invitation is really sending out within this week... I also heard that UoP interview to accept! Then if I don't get an invitation within this or even next week, is it over for me?

Haha Im wondering the same....haven't heard from them yet :(

I just got a call from UoP yesterday for an interview, first one! Also one of my top choices :D

I'm reposting what I had in other threads:

School: University of the Pacific
Notification date: 9/4/12
Method of notification: phone call
Residency: CA
AADSAS mail-out date: 7/17/12, completion for UoP 7/27/12
GPA (science, overall): 3.34, 3.6
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 21/21/22/24, none below 17
Interview scheduled for 10/4, but they offered 10/4, 10/11, 10/15

The lady on the phone also said she was calling a lot of people but many of them were going to voicemail...so, if you see a random number with a 415 area code (San Francisco's area code) answer it!! Good luck everyone :)

I wonder if you also received the invitation through email. I am afraid that I might miss their call... T__T

EDIT: did anyone else receive an email today with this title? "University of the Pacific - File Under Review""Dear Applicant:

With the following line in it?

"We would like to inform you that your application is now under active review. During this time, your file will reviewed by our Executive Admissions Committee. Please allow a minimum of 7-8 weeks for this process."

Did those that received an invitation already got that email before getting the interview?

Last edited:
EDIT: did anyone else receive an email today with this title? "University of the Pacific - File Under Review""Dear Applicant:

"We would like to inform you that your application is now under active review. During this time, your file will reviewed by our Executive Admissions Committee. Please allow a minimum of 7-8 weeks for this process."

Did those that received an invitation already got that email before getting the interview?

I just got this exact same email 5 minutes ago. Anybody who has been invited for an interview could tell us how long after the email you got invited for interview? I know it says 7-8 weeks, but is it really that long? that's 2 months from now... *gosh... this is making me nervous..*

koalamowgli: I just received the same email. So far I HAVE NOT been extended an invitation to interview...keeping my fingers crossed!

I have that mail like 45 mins ago... (under full active review stuff) At least I have 2nd shot now but i send all my files like July... Oh well hope for the best!

Thanks! My AADSAS status didn't change, I heard many schools only update AADSAS once a week or every other week even...but the UoP status didn't change either, it still says "Waiting for Review" and hasn't been updated since 8/03/2012

Those people who already got interviews It seems like their status DID NOT CHANGE...does that mean all of us who got the email with file "under active review" are rejected??:eek::scared:

Just got the same thing, wish I could know if active review is a good thing or a bad thing

Just got the same thing, wish I could know if active review is a good thing or a bad thing

I agree with you...not sure if it's a good thing or bad thing. Although, I guess it's a good thing that we haven't been rejected yet.

Hopefully we'll hear some good news from them soon! :xf:

I suspect that they have only extended offers for CA residents, and the rest of us are left with this 7-8 week nonsense.

I also just got this email today. Hopefully it all goes well for all of us. I submitted my application mid July.

Sent from my EVO using SDN Mobile

I suspect that they have only extended offers for CA residents, and the rest of us are left with this 7-8 week nonsense.

I am a cali resident and I got the email.

Those people who already got interviews It seems like their status DID NOT CHANGE...does that mean all of us who got the email with file "under active review" are rejected??:eek::scared:

Calm the **** down.

No no don't worry everyone! So I submitted on 7/27 and on 8/3 I got an email with a status update. I was at UoP's ASDA Predental day yesterday as well and Kathy Candito (Associate Dean for Student Services) said they are swamped with applications right now. After I got invited for my interview they updated the status on 9/7 but saying the update was on 9/4...and I did NOT get a notification email for that. If you receive an interview they will call you first, and then send you a confirmation email. Also, I talked to Kathy Candito in person and she said they give about 90-100 interviews/acceptances before December....and about 225 overall. So if your status doesn't change for a while they might invite you for an interview in mid-December or something. Also, if you get waitlisted, you still have a good chance at getting in, she recommends you remain on the waitlist. Hope this was helpful if you have more questions you can PM me :)

No no don't worry everyone! So I submitted on 7/27 and on 8/3 I got an email with a status update. I was at UoP's ASDA Predental day yesterday as well and Kathy Candito (Associate Dean for Student Services) said they are swamped with applications right now. After I got invited for my interview they updated the status on 9/7 but saying the update was on 9/4...and I did NOT get a notification email for that. If you receive an interview they will call you first, and then send you a confirmation email. Also, I talked to Kathy Candito in person and she said they give about 90-100 interviews/acceptances before December....and about 225 overall. So if your status doesn't change for a while they might invite you for an interview in mid-December or something. Also, if you get waitlisted, you still have a good chance at getting in, she recommends you remain on the waitlist. Hope this was helpful if you have more questions you can PM me :)
Thanks so much scvpredent for the update and info.
Really appreciate it!

Do you perhaps know how many pre-december interviews they have already sent out? (hence.. how many more spots they have left?)

Thanks so much scvpredent for the update and info.
Really appreciate it!

Do you perhaps know how many pre-december interviews they have already sent out? (hence.. how many more spots they have left?)

Sorry, I have no idea, she didn't mention that. I also forgot to add that even if you submitted like..today... she told us you wouldn't be THAT late, though you would need a pretty competitive application because most people have submitted by now so they're looking at around 3000 applicants. When I got my interview call, Janelle Palomares was making interview invite calls all day and this was 9/4 so I'm not sure if she was making cals all week... I think they've probably already given out around half of the pre-December spots?

Glad I could help, I have 3 interviews and I STILL feel like a nervous wreck haha. Hang in there everyone :)

I'm a little sad I didn't just register to go to this Predental Day....I wish I would have gone considering that many people who applied this cycle still went. The only thing that stopped me from registering was that I emailed the coordinator and she told me it was geared for pre-dents who will be applying in the future. Then she told me goodluck with the cycle... man I would have loved going...

totally thought you guys were talking about UoP pharmacy... my heart sank a bit when someone said they got an invite already. later on, i saw aadsas.. i was like... what the heck is that!!!??

haha made me chuckle after I realized :D

I just got an interview call for Oct 11 today!

yeah dat scores should be good for 3yrs since the date it was taken.. i think. so for 8/2010 it would be good until 8/2013, which is after the end of this cycle.