***The Official NYU Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread***

xainabaz

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey I know A LOT of us have started getting interview invites. Let's discuss the interview, especially what kind of supplemental will be provided.

Please indicate when you are interviewing.

Thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

I am interviewing on on September 27th. Not sure what to expect :confused:

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
Great! Have you all heard about what kind of supplemental they give out?

Good luck!
1:1 interview and the interview was pretty conversational.
Also, it's a first-come first-serve interview order.

Hi guys! Good luck on your interview. May sure you get there early! They interview you by the order in which you enter the administration office. I got there by 7:30am, and there were about 7-8 people who arrived before me. Also, the interview was very conversational. You will be asked different questions depending on your interviewer. Mine didn't ask any difficult questions, but make sure you check out the SDN interview feedback page! The supplemental was just basic information. Don't worry about it!

My interview is September 10th! Any comments on dress attire for those who have already been there?

Wear a nice suit and you will be fine! Just remember to wear black socks and not white ones for guys. Girls, wear close-toed shoes. Also, there was variation in blouse/dress shirt color which looked nice. Everyone looked professional for the most part! Also, refrain from using your electronics during the entire interview day.

Great school! Interviewed on the 14th of August.

Last edited:
Cool, did they let you know if you got accepted yet? What were the interview questions like?

Wonderful school! I would definitely go there if I had the chance :) But I wonder how much weight the interview holds... any thoughts?

To Sal427, acceptances for all schools do not come out until Dec. 1 and after :) And the interview is very relaxed

Members don't see this ad :)
Hey you all know of any cheap hotels near NYU to stay at? Where did you stay and did you travel via bus/train/taxi?

Whoops, I don't know where I read that wrong. And I think that pre-December interviews have a pretty good chance!

Anyone else interviewing September 19th???

Hey you all know of any cheap hotels near NYU to stay at? Where did you stay and did you travel via bus/train/taxi?

I have an interview on Sept 27th and I booked a room at Hotel 17. It's kinda scary that it has shared bathrooms but TripAdvisor rated it highly and said it was no big deal.

I have an interview on Sept 27th and I booked a room at Hotel 17. It's kinda scary that it has shared bathrooms but TripAdvisor rated it highly and said it was no big deal.

ill see you on the 27th!!

I wonder if you guys could tell me when and how you guys heard from them. Is it via email, phone call, or both? I always afraid that I might miss their call...

I wonder if you guys could tell me when and how you guys heard from them. Is it via email, phone call, or both? I always afraid that I might miss their call...

They email you, and then you call them to schedule the interview date.

They email you, and then you call them to schedule the interview date.

ahh cool. thanks for the info... I guess I just have to wait longer... XD thanks again!

First interview invite! Interviewing on Oct.9th and I look forward to my first time in the Big Apple. Best of luck to everyone!

First interview invite! Interviewing on Oct.9th and I look forward to my first time in the Big Apple. Best of luck to everyone!

I'll be interviewing with you! What hotel are you staying at?

Hi everyone!! I will be joining the class of 2017 next summer. I took a leave and am returning next year. For those of you currently interviewing, I just want to put you at ease.....relax! NYU is an amazing school and the interview process isn't stressful at all. You got the interview because they liked what they saw. The interviewers are super nice and you get your interview done right when you get there. After that, you take a tour and have lunch with some students. So just relax :) Good Luck to everyone interviewing!

Oct. 11....holy hotel/plane prices. Instead of getting a room, maybe I'll bring a textbook to a coffee shop and act like I feel asleep studying +pity+

Oct 17th for me :) all booked and so excited :D

How were you guys notified? Also, does NYU post anything on AADSAS when they interview? I have no way of checking my status for NYU, it doesn't appear on my AADSAS.

How were you guys notified? Also, does NYU post anything on AADSAS when they interview? I have no way of checking my status for NYU, it doesn't appear on my AADSAS.

Through email. NYU doesn't use AADSAS for updates.

Oct. 11....holy hotel/plane prices. Instead of getting a room, maybe I'll bring a textbook to a coffee shop and act like I feel asleep studying +pity+

Haha This will probably be me as well :) I think it would be wise to google 24 hours Starbucks prior to your arrival. PM me if you find any other awesome coffee shops around !

They say the day ends at 1:30

Yea it ends between 1 to 1:30. It will only go longer if you and the students you are having lunch with decide to sit and chat a bit longer during lunch. But after lunch, you're done.

PS does anyone what this secondary app they have you fill out at the interview is?

interviewing on Oct 1st.... anyone else on that day?

OCTOBER 9th interview!!! :) wooooooo any advice?!

OCTOBER 9th interview!!! :) wooooooo any advice?!

It was very relaxed! It was clear the interviewer read my file and knew all about me, he didn't even have to ask the why dentistry question.

I think I may be biased though because I volunteered at their dental clinic for two years, so my interviewer already knew that I was familiar with the school.

Also, my interviewer didn't do this but other people there said their interviewer asked them, "what questions should I ask you?"

Can you guys help me on how to get there and information on hotels. Should i arrive at laguardia airport? Am i supposed to take a taxi or subway to the hotel and to the school? There are so many hotels to choose from... what did you guys pick/recommend?

Can you guys help me on how to get there and information on hotels. Should i arrive at laguardia airport? Am i supposed to take a taxi or subway to the hotel and to the school? There are so many hotels to choose from... what did you guys pick/recommend?

You can arrive at Laguardia or JFK, or even Newark Airport in Jersey. If you arrive at JFK, you can take the air train to the A train and the L train to hotels near NYU. But if you're not familiar with the trains, you should probably take a cab (it'll be expensive though).

I can give you more details about the commute if you tell me what airport you are arriving at.

PS does anyone what this secondary app they have you fill out at the interview is?

It's just a short application (1 page front and back) they make you fill out while you are waiting to be interviewed. It just asks questions like what other schools you've applied to and where you have gotten interviews or admission. It's very basic information. There is no essay portion or anything.

Hey I'm just wel seeing when did you app to receive an october interview?
My application was finished with new DAT retake scores in early August (so I guess 7th or 8th batch?...I submitted originally in the 2nd batch and had file on hold). I received an October 22nd Interview on Wednesday, Sept 19. They still had spaces open for the week before as well. Hope that helps.

Is NYU done handing out pre-Dec interviews?

Is NYU done handing out pre-Dec interviews?

I don't think I've seen anyone post about having a November interview, so based on that observation alone, I would think that they are still handing out pre-December interviews.