****The Official UCSF Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

sa012

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Might as well start up this thread...

I just got an email from UCSF that my supplemental application has been received and my application is starting the review process :)

Anyone else in the same boat?

Members don't see this ad.

I just got an email from UCSF that my supplemental application has been received and my application is starting the review process :)

I'm assuming you're in the first batch?

Members don't see this ad :)

YUP same boat. Just waiting for interview invitation.
lol in the supplemental i confused inorganic chem with gen chem lol same prerequisite course!

Im a noob. How do you guys know if first or second batch?

Hi :) When did you submit your supplemental application? I sent mine ~ 3 weeks ago, and I still haven't received a confirmation email.

Hi :) When did you submit your supplemental application? I sent mine ~ 3 weeks ago, and I still haven't received a confirmation email.

I sent mine about 3 weeks ago as well :thumbup: Don't worry you will probably get the email soon

Please post if you received an email that your app is under review. I submitted my app 2 weeks ago and i have not received any further notification.

Thanks,

Same boat and waiting patiently.

Let us know when/if you get an interview. Best of luck. :)

Just got rejected. 3.9 sGPA and 25AA. I was really looking forward to SF too...

I don't know. Maybe I'm not from California.

really? You have great stats!!! Did they email you?

i just got rejected too lol
3.48ogpa 3.56sgpa, 23aa 22ts and from california

interesting they decided to send the e-mail at 6pm

Members don't see this ad :)

OMG. When did you complete their application? I'm shocked you did not receive an interview! :scared:

Man, you guys have amazing stats too! :( When did you two submit your AADSAS and what were your ECs?

Last edited:
im pooping red bricks now since sa012 and larrys have been rejected by UCSF...

:
im pooping red bricks now since sa012 and larrys have been rejected by UCSF...

I actually have not been rejected from UCSF still waiting to hear back from them :xf:

eeeek not feeling good right about now:shrug:. If GatorD and larrys got rejected, there is no hope for me :( . Kinda funky to send a rejection email at 6pm eh?:rolleyes:

i got rejected today at 6pm as well. 3.54o/3.45s, 23AA/22TS, and from california. 2nd batch with lots of research experience, shadowing hours, and decent community service. ucsf was one of my top choices...

i got rejected today at 6pm as well. 3.54o/3.45s, 23AA/22TS, and from california. 2nd batch with lots of research experience, shadowing hours, and decent community service. ucsf was one of my top choices...

:scared:

Has anyone gotten an interview yet?? It seems like they send out rejections first...weird :confused: and they are denying high stat applicants :scared::eek:

I think maybe the school is looking for something more specific from their applicants this year .

I also wonder for those who got rejected, how was your secondary supplement application? Did you guys put a lot of effort in it?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Can you please tell me if you were in the 1st round of secondaries or the second round of secondaries?? Thank you and I am sorry to hear about your rejection.

Just got rejected. 3.9 sGPA and 25AA. I was really looking forward to SF too...

I don't know. Maybe I'm not from California.

Oh man, I will definitely get a rejection email. My stats are a little bit lower than yours and I came from the other side of the earth.

Last edited:
did anybody receive an email following the supllemental application? I still have not and was first batch in turning in my supp.

I didn't, but I saw one post that a person did. I looked at last years threads, and not a lot of people mentioned they received one. I think you'll be fine. As long as you paid and submitted your supplemental. It will most likely be on record since it was electronic. :)

I got a rejection e-mail last night at 6 PM too. I'm from CA, 3.95 GPA, 23 AA 23 TS :(

Ok so i found everybody on SDN who was rejected and calculated their averages:

AA: 23.17
TS: 22.6
PAT: 23.3
oGPA: 3.66
sGPA: 3.64

Most were residents in California.

crazy...

Yup, Gator is right. When I spoke to a UCSF rep during a grad school fair, they said that they look at the overall application, not just GPA and DAT.

9/6/2012 Just received the following email: "UCSF Dental: Received Supplemental-13"

It just says supplemental application received and will now enter the review process.

Those of you who received a rejection email, did you receive that "UCSF Dental: Received Supplemental-13" email prior to the rejection?

Those of you who received a rejection email, did you receive that "UCSF Dental: Received Supplemental-13" email prior to the rejection?

I don't know if this helps...but I received the "USCF Dental: Received Supplemental-13" email, and HAVE NOT received a rejection email :xf:. Maybe we should start a poll or something...now I am beginning to wonder if there is a link

for those of you who got rejected, any status update on AADSAS?

I don't know if this helps...but I received the "USCF Dental: Received Supplemental-13" email, and HAVE NOT received a rejection email :xf:. Maybe we should start a poll or something...now I am beginning to wonder if there is a link

Same here. I was in the 2nd batch, received this email and no rejection as of yet.

Just submitted my supp. app this morning... Dealing with their system was a hassle though lol. Hopefully I will be hearing some good news soon. Gluck to all who's applying to UCSF.

To gentle dental: yes I did fill out their supplemental

I also got the email, no rejection:thumbup:

Sent from my EVO using SDN Mobile

I hope they start sending out the first round of interview invites! :)

sorry to hear about that :(

Did you ever fill out a secondary for them?

Ya I did fill out a supplemental for them. And I got an e-mail saying UCSF Dental: Received Supplemental-13 and was still rejected, so there is no link there. Sorry guys lol

Got an interview today!!! Cali resident, stats in interview thread. SOOO excited. Everyone else, please be patient, they are not done sending out invites!!! I still don't have an AADSAS status though, so there is no link between that and getting invited. Good luck :thumbup: