**The Official Creighton University Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread**

facecrime

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Anybody heard back from this school?

Members don't see this ad.

Yes, but keep in mind that Creighton does accept people without an interview... So you never really know

Members don't see this ad :)
From what I can understand from the website, that applies to the spring and summer applicants.
Please let me know if I'm mistaken!

Yes really. Just look up the Creighton thread from last year and you will see a few people were surprised

One of my friends just began her first year at Creighton. She applied and interviewed last year but was not accepted. This year as a reapplicant, she was accepted without an interview. So I don't know if you can get a "true" acceptance without interview or if it is as described above.

This school has been totally quiet.

I interviewed on the 10th of sept. Great school, very nice people. My brother went there so I am really hoping to get accepted.

Members don't see this ad :)
For anyone who has interviewed at Creighton.....was the interviewer familiar with your application, asking questions from that, or were the questions just generic? Thanks!

Dr. Norton has a very good grasp on the details of your application. He may ask a few questions and make a few comments, but there were no moments where I was stuck scratching my head. He is one of the coolest guys around. His priority is to answer any and all questions that you have about the school. It's the most laid back interview environment I've seen thus far.

I would really like an interview from this school. I have good DAT scares as well as GPA but have not heard anything from the school as of yet. Anyone else out there that is in a similar situation.

I would really like an interview from this school. I have good DAT scares as well as GPA but have not heard anything from the school as of yet. Anyone else out there that is in a similar situation.

Same here.....my DAT is kind of average but my GPA was high..I was hoping to hear something but I haven't yet.

I have an interview scheduled for Tuesday Nov. 6th. For those of you who have previously interviewed with Creighton, do you have any advice? What to expect, what questions to prepare for, heck even what is appropriate to wear? First interview, but my top choice!

Expect an interview and a tour, don't prepare for questions, have a few of them to ask. As for what to wear, try clothes. It's that simple when it comes to Creighton. Great, sincere people and a pretty easy, relaxing experience.

What are some of your stats for people that have received interview invites? Also for those that get accepted without an interview does anyone know what their stats are like as well?

Desertgirl I am in your situation as well... I have pretty good stats but have not heard a thing from them... hopefully its just a sign that they are being relatively slow... some schools I guess dont do that many pre-dec interviews and I hear a pre-dec interview at creighton is basically an acceptance letter

What are some of your stats for people that have received interview invites? Also for those that get accepted without an interview does anyone know what their stats are like as well?
Residency: in-state
GPA (science, overall): 3.46, 3.64
DAT (AA/TS/PAT/Reading/any section below a 17): 19/20/21/19/none

Desertgirl I am in your situation as well... I have pretty good stats but have not heard a thing from them... hopefully its just a sign that they are being relatively slow... some schools I guess dont do that many pre-dec interviews and I hear a pre-dec interview at creighton is basically an acceptance letter
where did you hear that?

I would also like to know where you heard this... ;)

We had a professor from Creighton give a presentation/ Q&A session yesterday at my school and he said that they don't necessarily have that many interviews and give out acceptances without an interview. He said last year they sent out 120 acceptances the first Monday of December and all 85 seats were pretty much taken in their first round of acceptance letters.

We had a professor from Creighton give a presentation/ Q&A session yesterday at my school and he said that they don't necessarily have that many interviews and give out acceptances without an interview. He said last year they sent out 120 acceptances the first Monday of December and all 85 seats were pretty much taken in their first round of acceptance letters.
Do you have any idea how many of the pre-december interviewees were offered a seat? I interviewed in Sept :)

I am hoping for one of the acceptances w/out an interview...Creighton is one of my top 3 schools that I want to get into and I have heard nothing yet. My DAT is 5 points higher than their average accepted, so I am holding out hope that I still have a chance. Lucky you guys that already interviewed there!

How many people have they interviewed so far? I would love to be accepted without an interview. :cool:

I went to my interview... It looks like they were having 4 per interview day.

They also offered about 5 dates from August to the end of October. So... 20 by the end of October? Not sure.

Regardless. It seemed like the "acceptance without interview" was going to be offered to very few students. Thats just what I got from talking to the staff there.

I'm sure they are still going to be shooting out some interviews. BEST OF LUCK EVERYONE!

This is one of my top choices and I have pretty solid stats. I also went to undergrad in Nebraska so I thought that might give me a little bit of a leg up to get an interview here but I have yet to hear anything.

So if they only interviewed 20 people and send out a few invites without interview, then what is their strategy? Will they do a ton of post December interviews?

When I scheduled my interview in September there were several days and morning hour choices and 3 afternoon hour choices. When I went to the interview there seemed to be 2 students scheduled on each hour. Overall I met 5 other interviewees. That was for the afternoon section. I think at most that would be 12 a day. I don't know if anyone else had a similar experience or not. I can't remember exactly how many days but I would guess I had 5-6 to choose from.

Hopefully. Did anyone have their AADSAS update to check back on Dec. 3rd?

As far as I've seen no. That is why I am thinking we may just have to wait for an email.

Accepted! :D

Email about 10 minutes ago.

Congrats, was the email pretty personalized? Would they take a while to send, do you think?

How do rejections work? Still listed as received/ under review.