****The Official UCLA Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

bluesprite13

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Feel free to post any updates you hear from the school! Good luck everyone!

Members don't see this ad.

Hey guys! I just received an email that my application is complete and that they will start reviewing applications in October. I had to email them first to check on my status and waiting until after the 27th because they didn't want us emailing them beforehand (as noted on the email with the attached supplemental application).

I emailed Ms. Benitez in the admissions office to ask if my application was complete, and she confirmed back saying they will begin reviewing apps in October :xf:

Members don't see this ad :)
They emailed me on Friday with 2 interview dates available in October. I have a 23 AA, 26 RC, 22 TS, and 21 PAT. 3.6 total GPA, 3.47 science GPA. I'm a California resident and I graduated from UCLA.

Just got an interview invite today I was late by a few minutes so they ran out oct 19th date so I scheduled for the 26th instead :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

I heard UCLA med interviews CA residents first. Is this the same with dental? Has anyone non-CA resident heard anything?

im waiting for UCLA but afraid my stats will scare them away.

I heard UCLA med interviews CA residents first. Is this the same with dental? Has anyone non-CA resident heard anything?
Yeah I'm a MI resident and I was invited for interview. I'm going on Oct. 26. Good luck!

I got an interview invite today! :) They gave me a choice of several days in November.

Members don't see this ad :)
i was so worried i wouldn't get an invite here...but i got one today!
they offered four interview dates in November, i had to pick 11/16.
21 AA 21 TS 22 PAT
CA Resident
GPA 3.6 sGPA 3.34
5th batch (mailed out 7/27)
submitted supplemental app in early september...late august? i actually dont quite remember

This thread is so quiet. Since they start reviewing apps in October and schedule interviews starting November, is it safe to say that they don't fill up most of their class by Dec 3rd?

This thread is so quiet. Since they start reviewing apps in October and schedule interviews starting November, is it safe to say that they don't fill up most of their class by Dec 3rd?

I don't think they interview too many people in general. But you're right, hardly anyone has posted about getting an interview. Then again, not everyone invited for an interview uses SDN ;)
Do you know what their interview/acceptance rate is?

I don't think they interview too many people in general. But you're right, hardly anyone has posted about getting an interview. Then again, not everyone invited for an interview uses SDN ;)
Do you know what their interview/acceptance rate is?

My friend who is a D1 at UCLA says they accept ~90% of their interviewees. I thought they interviewed the way UCSF does (~250 people for 88 spots) but I guess I was wrong! They must be very selective for that rate... I'm VERY happy to hear that rate though!!! :D

My friend who is a D1 at UCLA says they accept ~90% of their interviewees. I thought they interviewed the way UCSF does (~250 people for 88 spots) but I guess I was wrong! They must be very selective for that rate... I'm VERY happy to hear that rate though!!! :D

NoOoOoOooOoOoO!!
That means no 2nd visit to L.A. and third visit to CALI lol

They do interview very little people. When i went, there were only 8 students including myself and the interview was only once a week.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

I interviewed there on 11/16 and it went very well. There were 8 people in my interview group. The interview was very casual and there were actual questions of course but the whole style was still fairly conversational and none of them were an attempt to trick me or anything. My interviewer even told me that HE hoped to see me in the Fall (i'm pretty sure at my other 5 interviews i was telling my interviewers that I hoped to see them next year hahaha) and that he'd tell the committee I get two thumbs up from him. Nothing could have been more uplifting :D

I interviewed there on 11/16 and it went very well. There were 8 people in my interview group. The interview was very casual and there were actual questions of course but the whole style was still fairly conversational and none of them were an attempt to trick me or anything. My interviewer even told me that HE hoped to see me in the Fall (i'm pretty sure at my other 5 interviews i was telling my interviewers that I hoped to see them next year hahaha) and that he'd tell the committee I get two thumbs up from him. Nothing could have been more uplifting :D

Good to hear! I'm quite sure UCLA interviews candidates that are most likely to get accepted.

It's been awfully quiet from UCLA though...are they still planning on doing more pre-Dec interviews? Hopefully I'll hear something from them soon, or at least after academic update goes through! :xf:

I got an e-mail from them. They put me on the alternate list.

Congrats man! Seems this one is up too and I finally now know they use the phones to bring the good news...or email for the bad news.

Its 10:24 and I just got my first acceptance. Hallelujah!

Last edited:
Dean's is one year only. The Regents is for all 4. Its cheap enough of a school to not matter imo, but well done on getting a scholarship! If I remember their presentation all the scholarships are $20K for the first year. The Regents gives you "some amount" for years 2-4 (based on how much they have in their coffers).

Do we have a facebook page yet?

No idea. So little talk in here that we don't have much information about the school itself.

Has anyone that interviewed on the 27th of Nov. received acceptance form UCLA?

you should have heard by now. why make a new post about it and then post here?

O_O I got an interview. :: dies:: Hope to finally meet some other pre-dental people! January 11! Cheers!

Might be a long shot, but thought I'd ask--anybody know how many people they've interviewed so far or are planning on interviewing post-Dec? Any input would be appreciated--thanks!

When I received my interview, I was told that they accepted enough people to fill about 1/2 of the class (45-50).

They are interviewing 3 days per week now in post-dec (rather than 1 day).

what makes you say that I should've heard by now? Did you interview that day too?

Don't trip man. They move a little slow in December so just be patient. I bet you hear back soon

Withdrew from my interview at UCLA. Good luck to you all

Start in Summar, top 20% all incoming class students will be offered around $300,000 merit scholarship for entire 4 years, covering everything and you get medical education complete free, Wow...........................Go UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine!

Since this scholarship is privately funded, I am not sure if it is statehood-blind or not.....

Here is the link: http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-ucla-medschool-20121213,0,3167585.story

Last edited:
Just out of curiosity do you guys know where to live and how much rents are going to be around ucla?