The Official University of Utah Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread

aznboi89x

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
post updates!

Members don't see this ad.

I think I read on their website that they don't plan on sending out interview invites until October. Guess we just have to wait....

Good news! The director of admissions visited my school today and I had the opportunity to meet with him one-on-one for 20 minutes. He said that interview dates are October 4,5,11, and 12, and that they will be sending out invitations within the next couple weeks. I was really impressed by him and think Utah will be an amazing school!

Members don't see this ad :)
Finally received an interview invite today by email. I'll be going either October 4th or 5th!

Just curious.... Have you had your interview yet, and if you have how was it? I have an interview next week. I am getting pretty nervous.

Accepted by email!!!! OOS!
Who will be joining me? I am so excited!!

Congrats Predent36! OOS?! Wow. That was a competitive spot! Good for you. I'll see you there!

Got the email this morning!! I'm in!!! And I'm OOS!!!

That's so awesome, Amberena! Congratulations!

Congrats Predent36! OOS?! Wow. That was a competitive spot! Good for you. I'll see you there!

Mhm, thanks!! I attend school in Utah but couldn't get residency. I'm so happy, though!! See you there!!

Last edited:
I got an email. I'm in state. How about you?

We should make a facebook group later! :) Congrats you guys!

Members don't see this ad :)
First of all congrats to all of you who have been accepted. Do you recall how many students the U was planning on having in their first class?

First of all congrats to all of you who have been accepted. Do you recall how many students the U was planning on having in their first class?
20 students, 18 in-state, 2 out of state.

Accepted. I'm really excited about paying instate tuition. Otherwise, dental school is not worth the cost.

Mailed in the letter of withdrawal today! Good luck to anyone on the wait list!!

Does anyone know the tuition cost and fee cost per year at Utah?

Welcome aboard kmon! Congratulations on the acceptance! Good question about tuition and fees. The paper they gave at the interview just confused me.

For those of you who are in-state and were accepted, what were your stats???

Does anyone know if Utah divulges your rank on the alternate list? However, I'm not expecting much movement on the alternate list for obvious reasons.

When I called to ask about the alternate list, I believe they said that it wasn't ranked. My understanding is that when someone withdraws, they go back and look at the alternates and pick who rounds out the class the best.

Has anyone who got accepted been getting phone calls from one of the adcoms? Nothing big, they just keep asking if I needed help with my decision.

Pesky adcoms - always blowin up my phone while I'm in class or doin ma thang. (Wish I could say that UofU was calling me asking if I need help making a decision)

They don't answer my calls or return my emails. Dr. Lowder is super genuine and straight forward...you all are lucky to have him as your Dean for the time being.

I got a nice call last night, but it was to confirm that they received my deposit and to see if I had any questions. :)

I got a nice call last night, but it was to confirm that they received my deposit and to see if I had any questions. :)

Nice! I sent in my withdrawal and they've called me four times since then. I feel bad because I'm at work and not able to pick up my cell whenever they call!

Yeah I got a phone call as well. For those of you who declined, did you just send an email to Dr. Lowder? Or is it better to call them?

Yeah I got a phone call as well. For those of you who declined, did you just send an email to Dr. Lowder? Or is it better to call them?

I emailed him and mailed back the withdrawal sheet that came with he acceptance packet.

AADSAS says wait listed as of 2/4 but no interview... Glitch?

AADSAS says wait listed as of 2/4 but no interview... Glitch?

Same. Doubt it's a glitch. Most likely a rejection, but they are "waitlisting" you so just incase they need an extra student or two, they have somewhere to look. That's what I think.

Same for me, though mine said it changed on the 7th.

status "waitlisted" today 2/12 (says 2/11 but I didn't see it changed yesterday when I checked).

I am thinking there is likely not going to be any movement moving forward with this. Good thing I am already in somewhere. At least "waitlist" gives me a better feeling than "rejected". :) Thanks, U of U!

Yea same here. Waitlist with no interview. I am a resident so I would take it if they happened to offer an acceptance. I am accepted elsewhere and I wouldn't want to stay in utah but the money is way too much not to.

I am thinking of calling to see if I should be taking it seriously... anyone have additional info?