****The Official Marquette U Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

sshaltoni06

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hey everyone,

Just received an interview from Marquette on Sept.6. Has anyone else received a letter?

Members don't see this ad.

I have an interview on October 15th!!!!! :D:D:love: how was your experience?? let me know let me know!!!!

Hey everyone,

Just received an interview from Marquette on Sept.6. Has anyone else received a letter?

My interview is on Nov. 2nd.

Members don't see this ad :)
I applied in July, out of state. No interview yet. GPAc-3.50, GPAs-3.89, DAT-21

I received my interview invite on 9/7 and will be calling to set up my interview for one of the 3 November dates offered to the in state applicants.

I'm in the exact same situation. See you in November, fellow cheeseheads.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using SDN Mobile

Mine is October 8th in the morning.

Do you think pre December interviews are filled up now? :/

Received an interview for the 16th of November as a resident! Fingers crossed!!!!

Members don't see this ad :)
I am out of state and i have oct 15th interview

Interviewing October 22 in the morning. PM me if you will be there with me!

Interview for Nov 9th!!!! (Resident) How is everyone else preparing for the big day?

Will anyone be there with me on the 15th? PM me if you will

Would anyone like to share their interview experiences at Marquette? It'd be much appreciated!

I was wondering if anyone knows or has heard of possible scholarships offered by Marquette University School of Dentistry?

I'm flying in tonight and have all day Sunday to explore the city and campus. Message me if you want to join in!

Best Smile: Good luck w/ ur interview!

I don't have mine's till Nov. 16th. If u have some time, could u comment on ur experience and any thoughts to note worthy questions at the interview?

Interview this friday (9th) I'M SO EXCITED!!!!!!! also interviewing with some of my Pre-dent club buddies from school! LETS GET IT GUYS!

how many spots are taken by predental scholars and hcop applicants for our class?

Last edited:
marquette gives out some merit based scholarships, but they have not given out the specifics for requirements or even how much they give out and to how many students. the counselors at the school didnt even know

Last edited:
They asked me basically all the questions that are on the school's page from sdn.. Speed-dating interview session is the best way to describe it!

Anybody know if Marquette has any interview openings before December? Let me know what you know! or if you have an upcoming interview ask for the rest of us!

Does anyone know when Brian Trecek will be making the calls this year? I know he usually calls the 80 accepted students late on Nov. 30th, but this year dental schools aren't accepting until the 3rd of December. I am wondering if he will call Friday Nov. 30th or Sunday Dec. 2nd?

Does anyone know when Brian Trecek will be making the calls this year? I know he usually calls the 80 accepted students late on Nov. 30th, but this year dental schools aren't accepting until the 3rd of December. I am wondering if he will call Friday Nov. 30th or Sunday Dec. 2nd?

I hope it's the 30th or 2nd I can't wait any longer :(( hoping for good news! When did you interview?

Just wondering, if anyone would be willing to share, why Marquette?

Last edited:
Did everyone else that interviewed get the thank you e-mail from Marquette this morning? It seems very neutral to me, so I am assuming it was sent to everyone but just curious.

Hey did anybody else that interviewed get an email from Brian thanking you for interviewing? Do they send this to everyone or is it a cushion for letting people down easy? :/ maybe I'm over thinking it.

I got it too. I think it went to everyone because it says they are short on spots but to consider them if the news is good.

I literally woke up to that and read it with one eye open and thought it was a rejection but no I think everyone gets it. I talked with Brian and he really wants students to consider Marquette especially those applicants from the west coast. Also he wants students that REALLY want to go so I'm pretty sure that's what the email was for :) hopefully good news soon

Ok I feel a lot better now. Man this week is going by so slow!

Changed over to 'Please check back on Dec 3....' this morning. So anxious to hear from Marquette (top choice), and since I have heard they call the night before in the past, I am even more anxious since the call could come tonight or Sunday night!

just out of curiosity, why in particular west coast?

I literally woke up to that and read it with one eye open and thought it was a rejection but no I think everyone gets it. I talked with Brian and he really wants students to consider Marquette especially those applicants from the west coast. Also he wants students that REALLY want to go so I'm pretty sure that's what the email was for :) hopefully good news soon

Changed over to 'Please check back on Dec 3....' this morning. So anxious to hear from Marquette (top choice), and since I have heard they call the night before in the past, I am even more anxious since the call could come tonight or Sunday night!

I don't have a status for Marquette on my AADSAS.. I am so anxious.

Marquette D-School would be my top choice for a dental school. My question is, what stats do I need to get in? I will do my undergrad at either uw-milwaukee or uw-oshkosh. So would something like a 3.5c and 3.7s get me in? What should I be shooting for to be pretty safe to get in?

Did anyone's status not change to check back dec. 3rd? Last year it seems only people who got accepted had their status change on Nov. 30th. But that doesn't mean it will be the same this year.