****The Official Univ. of Oklahoma Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

cooldent1

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Hi everyone! I have booked my interview on Oct.6. I am a Canadian student. :)

Is there anyone with me? or wanna share any tips for the interview here? :D

Members don't see this ad.

Hi everyone! I have booked my interview on Oct.6. I am a Canadian student. :)

Is there anyone with me? or wanna share any tips for the interview here? :D
Hi I have applied but never received a confirmation. It is even not appearing on my AADSAS. Did they confirm the receipt of your ADDSAS application?

Hi I have applied but never received a confirmation. It is even not appearing on my AADSAS. Did they confirm the receipt of your ADDSAS application?

When I submitted my online supp application and fees on Aug. 3rd, I received a confirmation e-mail for my payment. But after that, I received no further e-mails until I received my interview notification via email on Sep.12th. I had to call them up to book the date!

P.s. this school still doesn't show up on my AADSAS application.

Last edited:
Members don't see this ad :)
When I submitted my online supp application and fees on Aug. 3th, I received a confirmation e-mail for my payment. But after that, I received no further e-mails until I received my interview notification via email on Sep.12th. I had to call them up to book the date!

P.s. this school still doesn't show up on my AADSAS application.
Thanks for your response! Good luck and congrats on your interview.

I had to put mine on Nov 17th, they only had 4 days to choose from and I work full time.

just got an invite as of 6 pm CST. latest is 10/27 and other dates are 11/3 and 11/17

Got the e-mail at 6:00. Hopefully, I'll be interviewing on the 27th.

Also interviewing on Oct. 6th. I haven't heard really anything about the three 30-minute interviews, but any info/help would be nice!
Just got my invite! Hopefully I'll get one Oct. 27.

As for the interviews, one is with the Dean of Admissions, the second is with a faculty/local dentist, and the third is with a 4th year dental student. This has been the general formula for the past several years, and I have not been informed that there has been a change in the interview process. Hopes this clears things up!

I had to put mine on Nov 17th, they only had 4 days to choose from and I work full time.

Also interviewing on Oct. 6th. I haven't heard really anything about the three 30-minute interviews, but any info/help would be nice!

just got an invite as of 6 pm CST. latest is 10/27 and other dates are 11/3 and 11/17

interviewing oct. 27!

Got the e-mail at 6:00. Hopefully, I'll be interviewing on the 27th.

Morning! For all yall who has interview offers, which batch were yall in?

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone got the email regarding the hotel accommodations and driving directions??

can someone pm me the email of the admissions coordinator?
i accidentally deleted my email.

anyone got the email regarding the hotel accommodations and driving directions??

can someone pm me the email of the admissions coordinator?
i accidentally deleted my email.

Dear Dental Applicant:

Your applications for our Doctor of Dental Surgery Program at the OU College of Dentistry have been reviewed and your credentials deemed strong enough to qualify for further consideration.

We cordially invite you to participate in an interview. This session, which is the next stage of the evaluation, will consist of four parts:

1. Three personal (30 min.) interviews with members of our Admissions Committee
2. A dental student discussion panel
3. A tour of our College
4. A formal photo will be taken

If you wish to be further considered for our Dental Program and participate in this next stage of evaluation, please contact my office to confirm your interview date. You may respond to this email
or call (405) 271-3530 . The first available date to interview is October 6, 2012.

sent by Davenport, Sally J. (HSC) [email protected]

I also have my interview set up for October the 6th. I was wondering if anyone had any more information regarding the format. Specifically I was curious to know that if a few of us are interviewing that day will the interview be one on one or will they put us in a room together. Hopefully one on one! I would appreciate any feedback especially if you have interviewed!

Thanks

I also have an interview for the 6th! Congratulations and good luck everyone! I can't wait to meet you guys. Boomer Sooner!!

I am also interviewing on the 6th at OU. I interviewed there last year too. It is a very relaxed interview with three different individuals. Oklahoma is a friendly place and the dental school is much apart of that tradition. You'll enjoy it. Saturday is a good time to interview in my opinion.

The interview is one on one with three different doctors.

The interviews went great today! I found out that today (Oct. 6th) was the first batch of interviews for Oklahoma.

Does anyone know if they have essay writing during interviews?

Hi All,

I'm new to SDN after snooping on it for the past 4 years or so, :laugh:. I've been an official member for about an hour now! Haha. Thanks to everyone who's posted on this thread so far. I, too, am interviewing at OU on the 27th. It's my first (and maybe only) interview offer, and I'm definitely a vet when it comes to applying :(

So, being a complete newbie, I don't get a lot of the lingo around here still. I assume "batch" means what I think it means, but how do y'all know how many batches there are for OU? So if the first one was on the 6th, which one is mine?

Hi All,

I'm new to SDN after snooping on it for the past 4 years or so, :laugh:. I've been an official member for about an hour now! Haha. Thanks to everyone who's posted on this thread so far. I, too, am interviewing at OU on the 27th. It's my first (and maybe only) interview offer, and I'm definitely a vet when it comes to applying :(

So, being a complete newbie, I don't get a lot of the lingo around here still. I assume "batch" means what I think it means, but how do y'all know how many batches there are for OU? So if the first one was on the 6th, which one is mine?
Well, there are four batches. When they sent out the email inviting folks to the interview, that was included in the email. There are four interview dates. That's how you know which batch your in. If its October 27th, you're the second batch.

Well, there are four batches. When they sent out the email inviting folks to the interview, that was included in the email.

What was included in the email???? The only thing mentioned in the email I got was that I had the option of 10/27, 11/3 or 11/17.

Does anyone know if they have essay writing during interviews?
1. Three personal (30 min.) interviews with members of our Admissions Committee
2. A dental student discussion panel
3. A tour of our College
4. A formal photo will be taken

anyone meeting up this Saturday? Flying there on Friday morning and willing to chill out with fellow SDNers! PM ME!!!

PM sent. I will be there Friday night through Sunday morning. Hope to see some of you there.

So, all the interviews are over. How did it go? We'll hear back in 13 days hopefully.

On the interview day, they mention that they will have a selection day on November 19th and will start sending snail-mails later on. When should we expect the mail from them? Are they sending them today or tomorrow so that we will receive the envelops by Monday?

You will receive an email on the morning of the 3rd stating if you were accepted/wait-listed/rejected

Did they give you a time frame? It looked like last year they updated the results on AADSAS around 7:00 am on Thursday December 1, 2011.

Not that I'm freaking out or anything. I think I remember Dr. Jones saying that they hoped they would be out by noon, but that they wouldn't be sending them out at midnight or anything.

Last edited:
Did they give you a time frame? It looked like in the past they updated the results on AADSAS around 6:00 am on Thursday December 1, 2011.

Not that I'm freaking out or anything.
I don't even see them in my AADSAS portal. Do you have Oklahoma in your Decisions page?

I don't have them on there either, but I do remember Dr. Jones saying that they would update it on AADSAS. But Sally Davenport also said they would be sending out emails the day of. Last year they obviously updated on AADSAS. I don't know if they'll do both or just email.

I'm sure I'll be checking them both just to be safe.

I don't know about everyone else, but the anticipation is killing me!

How many first time applicants are on here? And what about second timers?

I'm a first timer! I will be graduating with my Bachelors in Medical/Molecular Biology in May. I'm also in state. Good luck to you.

Students got informed at 6:00 am last year. I doubt it'll be that early this year, but it wouldn't hurt to check.