****The Official Harvard Dental Class of 2017 Interview/Acceptance Thread****

10+ Year Member
Reaction score
Please post with stats and dates if you recieve an interview/acceptance. Good luck and thanks!

Members don't see this ad.

Has Harvard not started interviews yet??

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone know anybody going to school there now? looking for lodging

anyone know anybody going to school there now? looking for lodging
When you get offered an interview they give you the opportunity to stay overnight with some first-year students living in Vanderbilt Hall. It's a nice dorm! (I didn't stay there but we toured it)

haha yea. I emailed them, but they said no guarantees. just wanted to cover my bases in case things didn't pan out.

Buckminster hotel about a mile away. I think I paid about $7 for the cab

For those with interviews at Harvard, how long did it take between receiving the Interview Confirmation Letter and the email with additional information containing the Supplemental? I am still waiting on the separate email.

Thanks!

For those with interviews at Harvard, how long did it take between receiving the Interview Confirmation Letter and the email with additional information containing the Supplemental? I am still waiting on the separate email.

Thanks!

it took about 2 days for me

For my interview there were a total of 5 including me.

Members don't see this ad :)
anyone heard back (acceptances or rejections)? does anyone know how they'll contact us too?

if we didnt get the call today are we waitlisted

if we didnt get the call today are we waitlisted

I'm not entirely sure, however, know that the admissions office does an extremely thorough job. It is also a very small office handling a many applications. Best of luck to everyone!!

Yay I got accepted today!! :laugh: I don't think I'll be attending because of the costs involved but still so thankful for my acceptance :p

I definitely don't think it's waitlist/reject if you didn't get accepted today since Dr. Howell told me in my interview that they only accept like ~10 people right on Dec 3rd and they take their time filling the class.

Thanks for that info!

PS. Do you know where you might go instead of HSDM?

Anyone know if Harvard has sent out rejections yet?

Has anyone who interviewed been rejected? Is it just admit or waitlist after you interview?

Has anyone recently received an invitation to interview? If so, when was your application complete?

Yay I've been accepted! Sort of jealous of other school's threads because they are starting facebook groups! We should definitely do that if enough people post they've been accepted! I am so excited to meet all of you and move to Boston!

accepted as well!

this will be a tougher decision now...

Snail mail rejection this morning. Oh well. Congrats to those who got in.

Does anyone remember what day of the week they got a call to interview?

Does anyone know how many interviews or acceptances might be left? Does harvard hand out interview post-January?

Has anyone who interviewed mid-Dec. heard anything from Harvard yet? I interviewed 12/13 and haven't heard a peep....

And you've already interviewed. I haven't even interviewed! When I mean I've heard nothing, I mean I've actually heard nothing.

And you've already interviewed. I haven't even interviewed! When I mean I've heard nothing, I mean I've actually heard nothing.

I heard nothing too. I didn't take calc 2 yet. I was hoping they would let me know rejection/ interview invite before this semeter began so I wouldn't have to pay to take it over the summer.

I heard nothing too. I didn't take calc 2 yet. I was hoping they would let me know rejection/ interview invite before this semeter began so I wouldn't have to pay to take it over the summer.

:-(

Anyone know where they are at? Have they accepted more people than the 12 in December, and are they still interviewing?

Waitlisted today :oops:
Anyone know how many people are generally placed on the waiting list? How many waitlisted applicants are drawn for acceptance?

Waitlisted today :oops:
Anyone know how many people are generally placed on the waiting list? How many waitlisted applicants are drawn for acceptance?

Me too. Ugh I'd rather they just gave me a definitive answer, even if it's a rejection.